Havenites Dabang

1 minute ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@Nohamahmoud2002I knew him on Heartstrings & Miraes Choice. He sang well in Heartstrings too... Hope his new drama bring more of his side as an actor. 

He was good in Heartstrings because he was a singer too, no need to act, as it is his true character lol. I am waiting for Daebak Real estate, it is too early to judge. I think it is easier to watch without concentrating on blood scenes. I remember in Ghost Detective, I freaked out because of the woman in red.

Edited by Nohamahmoud2002
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
11 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Add high cholesterol and diabetes to that, my dear.

Hahaha I was trying to be optimistic...:laugh: but yes, those are all realistic diseases with modern aging life :idk:

It is weird. I did not think Ha Won obsessing over Ji Soo was healthy at all! Even though I get that he just wants half of half from her to motivate himself, it still somewhat feels creepy and stalkerish (but here it's been romantized). I also disagree using Seo Woo to get Ji Soo's voice. HOWEVER... I really enjoyed/loved the interactions between Ha Won and Seo Woo and how Ha Won slowly started to love Seo Woo. *spoiler alert if you haven't seen episode 6 (I think?)* When he tells her to stay beside him in the most sincere and honest way, that really flutter the heart. Them healing and supporting each other are the main reason that kept me watching. I also like that Seo Woo was enjoying having one-sided love and that she likes looking at Ha Won and agreed that it can be fun.

Yes, I feel like you captured all the things I found weird about the first 4 episodes. I guess I haven't been totally against the whole story since there's been much more problematic storylines. Just that it hasn't made me feel too warm to Ha Won yet since he just seems clingy. And Ji Soo I also find slightly annoying...Like the wanting and not wanting Ha Won in her life. Though at episode 4, there's enough context as to why she wanted him to come to Norway with her. All the guilt she felt. :idk:

With that said there's enough mystery to keep me intrigued and I love the soft warm pastel feel of this drama...and I still think Chae Soo Bin is such a cute actress. Haha, my friend actually looks like her, so I think I just impose her personality onto her :laugh:

20 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@JenLI like the theme of unrequitted love in APoYM. The story indeed a bit unusual. That bluetooth speaker thingy is a bit weird/creepy, I agree haha... I like this drama until ep 9 or 10. Struggle to finish the last 2 eps, but I did completed, so yay! :Party01:

Yeah I agree - I do like that unrequited love triangle in A Piece of Your Mind. Poor Seo Woo liking Ha Won while he's still obsessing over his childhood love. 

I think the speaker memory thing is an interesting futuristic idea...but I don't know if I can suspend disbelief and run with the idea because it's such a big leap from when the device is just a robotic version of the person to when it becomes a technological memory of the person with their personality? :thinking: Even in fiction, there has to be a bit more 'science' explaining to make it feel more believable.

I'm not liking this hotness! It makes me sleepy.

Hahaha are you also here in my state too? Otherwise we're all suffering from too much heat and sun :lettalKWA:

6 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Do you mean you have a holiday on Monday too? I'm so envious!

Hahaha yep there's always an Easter Monday to make up for Easter Sunday not having a holiday

1 hour ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

I adore Jonghwa the singer more than the actor lol. Beautiful song 💓💓@abs-oluteM

@SilverMoonTea

I like CNBlue :) They always get me through their music :heart:

• Like 5
  • Party! 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 4/1/2021 at 5:30 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Oh nooo. Vaccinations have started right? 

Yeah, quite a while ago actually, but we're super slow and the planning process didn't turn out very well. Then it turned out that the vaccine potentially causes (lethal) side effects, brain thrombosis, which stopped vaccinations for a few days until it was researched properly. After that was issued and researched for a few days, european scientiest said the danger for a very, very small amount of people getting side effects isn't worth stopping at all, so it slowly began again, but to be sure, only for people above 60+. 

So it will still take a lot of time. 

• Like 7
On 4/3/2021 at 9:20 PM, JenL said:

Wow...go @Jane! You're going well even with the starting and stopping. Since this series has only 12 episodes you are 2/3 of the way finished if you think about it...Are you enjoying the series? @mademoiselle I'm on episode 5 now. I do enjoy it... But the story is told in such a strange way....haha, I can't believe the female lead has a crush on male lead because of the way he's in love with second female lead, who is dead (at episode 4). What a triangle. Though I guess I understand she likes the sense of loyalty and care he has towards her?

I am somewhere in the middle of 9 now. I think you are going to overtake me at your current speed. Hahaha! I agree that its the endurance of the ML's love that attracted FL to him (since her parents passed away and everyone leaves her eventually). 

• Like 5

@Chocolate I didn’t get the fried banana joke but I was very amused about the straws/ shadows bit . 

——-

Back to working in the office , and honestly so much time taken for commuting . I lose at least an  hour of drama watching because of travel time :nervous:. How to watch 8 dramas now? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM - How did you get to eight dramas?! Actually, I shouldn't be talking. I'm at seven dramas. :eeeee: However, I am done with two of them this week so it'll be good. Also, I realized that the dramas I've decided to watch mainly airs on Monday/Tuesday. I spend all week catching up only to be behind by Monday again. :pandasadspoon:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

@Tofu kkkkk . 
4 ending / ended this week 

- Sisyphus , Hello Me , Beyond Evil, Brocade 

4 ongoing

- Navillera, River , Vincenzo, Oh Master 

But Taxi Driver starts this week & I want to continue You’re My Hero :pandascared:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM Fried banana joke

Spoiler

hVptiz7.png

Coral: "my friend banana tastes better..."

Clytie: "YOUR FRIENDS WHAT????"

[Her mind went on the dirty side. She was shocked someone actually typed FRIEND's XXX "tastes better" hehehehe]

Clytie: "oh nvm u meant the banana was your friend"

[Then she decided she misread. As if having a banana as a friend was much better. And how does this even make sense hahahaha]

Then it turned out to be a mis-type. Not FRIEND. Should be FRIED banana tastes better. She was eating when she saw the tweet from SYJ and got too excited lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

LOLLL I didn't get the banana jokes too. I wondered if I needed to go gutter mind or not. Now that it is explained, it made sense. Though I must stress, punctuation is very important!!! If she had written like this: I meant "fried". My hands were trembling... we would probably get it :mine:

@Tofu Unlike you, my Mon-Tues became empty because JE got axed. Still annoyed thinking about this. I wanna see Joseon Prince Jang Dong Yoon!!! He was injured filming this and all this sacrifices and effort became pointless. :pandasadspoon: Now the production company can't even pay the actors. @abs-oluteM And the Knet is still petitioning to the Blue House to cancel Snowdrop. The numbers had gone up to 2M. I wonder if that thread will join JE soon with the status as "Cancelled". :jiminbtssigh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 2
2 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@Tofu Unlike you, my Mon-Tues became empty because JE got axed. Still annoyed thinking about this. I wanna see Joseon Prince Jang Dong Yoon!!! He was injured filming this and all this sacrifices and effort became pointless. :pandasadspoon: Now the production company can't even pay the actors. @abs-oluteM And the Knet is still petitioning to the Blue House to cancel Snowdrop. The numbers had gone up to 2M. I wonder if that thread will join JE soon with the status as "Cancelled". :jiminbtssigh:

Omg...what 2M petitions...even after JTBC explained and explained. Networks really are at the mercy of the knets. I am so annoyed too. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Omg...what 2M petitions...even after JTBC explained and explained. Networks really are at the mercy of the knets. I am so annoyed too. 

Knetizens condemned the celebrities for being a bully in their past but what they did to JE and now Snowdrop constitute as bullying too, is it not?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
8 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

hahahhaa......are we exchanging this kinds of jokes suddenly? remind me of what i told my logistics guy 15 years ago lols...

7 hours ago, Chocolate said:
8 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

hahahhaa......are we exchanging this kinds of jokes suddenly? remind me of what i told my logistics guy 15 years ago lols...

You were exchanging banana jokes with a guy 15 years ago? Share share! 😂🤣

For some reason , Nite's statement here sounds kinda scandalous. I can be one of those people whose mind can be in the gutter :Mimed:

29 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Knetizens condemned the celebrities for being a bully in their past but what they did to JE and now Snowdrop constitute as bullying too.

Agreed....this is too much. SBS really set a precedence. Now knetz think they have all the power. And this is going to be bad for the k ent industry

• Like 4

On 4/5/2021 at 4:45 PM, Jane said:

I am somewhere in the middle of 9 now. I think you are going to overtake me at your current speed. Hahaha! I agree that its the endurance of the ML's love that attracted FL to him (since her parents passed away and everyone leaves her eventually). 

Hahaha I am catching up :wow2: I'm on episode 7 now. Don't think I'll overtake you though...I can suddenly take an unexplained drama break for a week LOL ...yep, the ML is a very loyal puppy. I like that at ep 7 his feelings have finally transferred onto FL and it's all very cute.

14 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Back to working in the office , and honestly so much time taken for commuting . I lose at least an  hour of drama watching because of travel time :nervous:. How to watch 8 dramas now? 

Tell me about it! I lose a lot of time too....but I don't know how you are still doing 8 dramas?! :shocked2:

13 hours ago, Tofu said:

@abs-oluteM - How did you get to eight dramas?! Actually, I shouldn't be talking. I'm at seven dramas. :eeeee: 

OMG. You too @Tofu! You are maybe scarier because I know you are watching 40 episode Chinese dramas with the K-dramas...:lettalKWA:

I'm in awe of you and @abs-oluteM

54 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

LOLLL I didn't get the banana jokes too. I wondered if I needed to go gutter mind or not. Now that it is explained, it made sense. Though I must stress, punctuation is very important!!! If she had written like this: I meant "fried". My hands were trembling... we would probably get it :mine:

Thanks for explaining...I also didn't get this joke because of the lack of punctuation!!! :psweatduck:

54 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

And the Knet is still petitioning to the Blue House to cancel Snowdrop. The numbers had gone up to 2M. I wonder if that thread will join JE soon with the status as "Cancelled". :jiminbtssigh:

49 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Wowww still? I find it so weird that they are so angry about this supposed messing up of their history when the stations explained that this is not the case. I don't understand how past dramas also haven't taken creative liberties with history before too? Like why is it such a problem now and who is leading these petitions? :lettalKWA:

It's feels like there's been a lot of weird/ bad news for EY stars - Snowdrop potentially on the chopping board for Hye Yoon, Lee Na Eun cancelled from Taxi Driver due to multiple bullying and dating scandals and Lee Jae Wook is still mysteriously without an agency, also not sure if he'll turn up in Move to Heaven cameo without agency. Only Rowoon and Kim Young Dae are going strength to strength with lots of project offers.

46 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Knetizens condemned the celebrities for being a bully in their past but what they did to JE and now Snowdrop constitute as bullying too, is it not?

46 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Agreed....this is too much. SBS really set a precedence. Now knetz think they have all the power. And this is going to bad for the k ent industry

Not bullying per say, but it's definitely cancel culture and mob mentality at it's most powerful. I wonder why this sudden "We must uphold history correctly" stance :thinking: Like you could make this stance about any drama really...even Crash Landing could have been seen as shedding a positive light on N Korea? (I liked that drama, but just an example). Maybe it's post-covid anger. People want to take out their anger on something.

Also again, I think it ignores the wider problems...like if this is such an issue instead of cancelling everything at the end stage they should maybe ask to be involved in planning/ screening of historical drama scripts going forward. And in case, maybe petition for someone to be involved in the editing process? I don't see why things have to be cancelled instead of worked on! (Yes, I know probably money comes into play...but it's better than scrapping it all....)

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

@Tofu Unlike you, my Mon-Tues became empty because JE got axed. Still annoyed thinking about this. I wanna see Joseon Prince Jang Dong Yoon!!! He was injured filming this and all this sacrifices and effort became pointless.  Now the production company can't even pay the actors. @abs-oluteM And the Knet is still petitioning to the Blue House to cancel Snowdrop. The numbers had gone up to 2M. I wonder if that thread will join JE soon with the status as "Cancelled". 

Alternative opinion.

I read some twitter posts from Koreans who felt very strongly about their history, and also JTBC's explanation.

From a neutral party's point of view, I feel that JTBC's explanation is not completely satisfactory. Yes, they explained their plot was not similar, but it is also undeniable that they had set their drama in the exact same time period and used the real life heroine's name (this is really inexcusable as it was deliberate - imagine how that lady feels). So I think they were intending to ride on that part of history.

Afterall, if the plot was so different, it would not have harmed the story if it had been set in a different year and another name had been used - you would have still watched right?

So this is a mess of their own making.

It is true that any discerning person would know that this is only a drama and not fact. And yes there are disclaimers saying that this is a work of fiction.

But perhaps this is a major event to Koreans and very recent. For example, I wouldn't want to watch a drama which uses World War 2 as backdrop but says that Japan was right. Especially not if my grandparent had been tortured and killed by the Japanese during the war.

Production houses should be more mindful. You can creatively fill in the blanks for the unknown parts of history but I am not so sure that facts should be played around with.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 2
41 minutes ago, JenL said:

I can suddenly take an unexplained drama break for a week LOL

That is me! I am still on Ep 9 lol.

@JenL @SilverMoonTea @mademoiselle I agree that it wasn't quite healthy for Ha-won to be so hung up on Ji-soo. But it didn't seem to me like he had any closure, either confessing and getting turned down or to see her happy with her husband. By not seeing her, he always had this image of Norway Ji-soo in his mind rather than current Ji-soo. I think I might be at Silver's stage of getting a teensy bit irritated with how long the drama is dragging out the mystery around Ji-soo's husband. I can't believe they thought they could go on for 16 episodes and keep viewers' attention. What's keeping me going is really watching Ha-won and Seo-woo fall in love slowly, Seo-woo's housemates (I really enjoy watching Lee Jung-eun's character look out for Eun-joo) and Soon-ho and her plants. I adore how much plants are part of the show's aesthetics!

On 4/3/2021 at 9:20 PM, JenL said:

Hey! You and I have the same work from home schedules. We're also doing 3 days, but I tend to do more due to focusing more in the office than at home (Janghaven is a temptation

Isn't it such a weird schedule? Tuesday felt like Monday to me. And then having to schlep my laptop back in the middle of the week. :BulbaConfused: I am definitely less productive at home now that there are actual office days. It's just...you can never quite establish a rhythm.

OMG GUYS. I just bought a new 24" screen and my life has changed! I can watch dramas on a big (to me) screen now! I can't believe it took me this long to buy one!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 1