Havenites Dabang

4 minutes ago, Jane said:

That is me! I am still on Ep 9 lol.

Hahaha yay! I can catch up! :wow2::wow2::wow2:

5 minutes ago, Jane said:

I think I might be at Silver's stage of getting a teensy bit irritated with how long the drama is dragging out the mystery around Ji-soo's husband. I can't believe they thought they could go on for 16 episodes and keep viewers' attention.

Wow...it sounds like not much is revealed about what he did at this stage of the drama yet?? I don't mind mysterious pasts/ dark secrets, but his character is pretty angsty and angry the whole time that it just annoys me to have to see him take up air time with his attitude instead of the soothing main pairing! :PikachuFacePalm:

7 minutes ago, Jane said:

Isn't it such a weird schedule? Tuesday felt like Monday to me. And then having to schlep my laptop back in the middle of the week. :BulbaConfused: I am definitely less productive at home now that there are actual office days. It's just...you can never quite establish a rhythm.

Yep, I get you! It's a bit choppy having to go back and forth with equipment and stuff. Since it was a short week last week, I just went in all 4 days so I could get more done because yeah, it's weird when there's no rhythm! Hehe....at home you just wanna watch dramas! :lenny::lol:

9 minutes ago, Jane said:

OMG GUYS. I just bought a new 24" screen and my life has changed! I can watch dramas on a big (to me) screen now! I can't believe it took me this long to buy one!

Congrats! That sounds like a good investment....now you can watch your oppas in greater detail :MewHi:

• Like 5

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

7 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Alternative opinion.

I read some twitter posts from Koreans who felt very strongly about their history, and also JTBC's explanation.

From a neutral party's point of view, I feel that JTBC's explanation is not completely satisfactory. Yes, they explained their plot was not similar, but it is also undeniable that they had set their drama in the exact same time period and used the real life heroine's name (this is really inexcusable as it was deliberate - imagine how that lady feels). So I think they were intending to ride on that part of history.

Afterall, if the plot was so different, it would not have harmed the story if it had been set in a different year and another name had been used - you would have still watched right?

So this is a mess of their own making.

It is true that any discerning person would know that this is only a drama and not fact. And yes there are disclaimers saying that this is a work of fiction.

But perhaps this is a major event to Koreans and very recent. For example, I wouldn't want to watch a drama which uses World War 2 as backdrop but says that Japan was right. Especially not if my grandparent had been tortured and killed by the Japanese during the war.

Production houses should be more mindful. You can creatively fill in the blanks for the unknown parts of history but I am not so sure that facts should be played around with.

Exactly with your example of Bridgeton @Chocolate, although I don't think there's absolutely zero complaint. However in the past, majority of the people weren't complaining about inaccurate portrayal of history. There were plenty of Korean dramas & movies featuring real historical figures e.g. Splash Splash Love, Faith, Moonlight Drawn by Clouds, Six Flying Dragons, Frozen Flower, The Fatal Encounter and so on.

Spoiler

Some of these shows glorified the historical figures, but that's ok with the Knetz even though it's inaccurate. Hmm.

Note: I'm not sure about the reactions on Frozen Flower as it was a very old movie.

To be honest the reasons behind all this had become rather blurry. My understanding is that for a very long time Korean and Chinese had always been arguing about who steal whose cultures. This issue worsen due to the strained political relationship between the 2 countries and the kimchi issue . And then came the adaptation of "Chinese novel" for Mr Queen and JE - with one of the reasons cited as they are concerned foreigners would believe this is a portrayal of true history. Both Mr Queen and JE are fantasy, I can't see this justification being valid. There's another drama that's being scrutinised as well because it was also an adaptation of Chinese novel.

As for Snowdrop, I agreed that it is very likely the original story involved romanticing the backdrop with a spy and the heroine. I don't necessary think this is wrong because how do we know there's not really such a story? I'm not arguing that this is fact; I'm pointing out that it could be exploring from another perspective. The spy could be a double agent or just the premise we don't know until we see it. The Knetiz demanded the second male lead must not be working for the National Security Agency, change character set up of the hero & change the name of the heroine. JTBC has taken a few steps back and made some changes in their last statement. Knetz can at least give it a chance. If they really disapprove, they don't have to tune in. It's the same with Mr Queen, they complain but look how hyped up the rating is.

I don't disagree about the concerns using recent historical figures and altering their life story may come across disrespectful for the person and their descendants. Likewise, fan-fics using real and alive celeb names should be avoided as well. However, it's a grey area because this had been a norm for entertainment and in creative writings all around the world.

My utmost concern really lies with the financial losses and what potentially it could lead to such as bankruptcy and death (because it has happened before). JE now can't pay the production crew and actors. River Where the Moon Rises is sueing KeyEast for US $2M for their loss. Vincenzo has to break their contract deal with the Chinese sponsor due to the Chinese brand bibimbap PPL.

I see both sides of the arguments; however, like @abs-oluteM I don't believe in giving the Knetz the empowerment and control. I'm also not sure cancellation of post-produced dramas is the right thing to do. Freedom is only good to a certain extent. For more than a decade, the K-drama world had been monitoring the viewers' reactions for each episode so much so that the writers were pressured to re-write script to appeal to the viewers and production team could be filming a scene on the same day, down to the last minute and it gets aired the same night (check out The Lord of Dramas as it covers some of these issues). Actors would often started off in the earlier episodes looking extremely gorgeous and then by the end of the finale, they were all seen with bloated face, dark circles and eye bags. The quality of the kdramas deteriorate towards the end because there's no time for editing. In recent years, we are seeing more post-production dramas and the quality had become better with less rush endings. Less stress/strain on the staffs. If the Korean entertainment wants to enter the international market, they need to be able to continue and maintain/improve the quality. To do this, overseas investment and creative contents are also important. What happened to this may force networks/production houses reverting back to the unhealthy, old ways.

Sigh...

7 hours ago, JenL said:

Not bullying per say, but it's definitely cancel culture and mob mentality at it's most powerful. I wonder why this sudden "We must uphold history correctly" stance. Like you could make this stance about any drama really...even Crash Landing could have been seen as shedding a positive light on N Korea? (I liked that drama, but just an example). Maybe it's post-covid anger. People want to take out their anger on something.

Also again, I think it ignores the wider problems...like if this is such an issue instead of cancelling everything at the end stage they should maybe ask to be involved in planning/ screening of historical drama scripts going forward. And in case, maybe petition for someone to be involved in the editing process? I don't see why things have to be cancelled instead of worked on! (Yes, I know probably money comes into play...but it's better than scrapping it all....)

NK and Russia have always been portrayed (especially in the US) negatively as villains (e.g. James Bond movies). 

I did come across a translated news article that the production houses will be consulting more experts due to this incident. They should however it's not going to be flawless when the 3 main East Asian countries share similar cultures.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@JenL It is just Lee Na Eun from EY due to her bully past. Hye Yoon has another drama lined up with Taecyeon. Kim Young Dae is doing well too thanks to Penthouse's success. The other F3 guy is also doing alright, although no drama casting news lately.

5 hours ago, Jane said:

@JenL @SilverMoonTea @mademoiselle I agree that it wasn't quite healthy for Ha-won to be so hung up on Ji-soo. But it didn't seem to me like he had any closure, either confessing and getting turned down or to see her happy with her husband. By not seeing her, he always had this image of Norway Ji-soo in his mind rather than current Ji-soo. I think I might be at Silver's stage of getting a teensy bit irritated with how long the drama is dragging out the mystery around Ji-soo's husband. I can't believe they thought they could go on for 16 episodes and keep viewers' attention. What's keeping me going is really watching Ha-won and Seo-woo fall in love slowly, Seo-woo's housemates (I really enjoy watching Lee Jung-eun's character look out for Eun-joo) and Soon-ho and her plants. I adore how much plants are part of the show's aesthetics!

You're feeling exactly what I'm feeling at the time of watching. That's why tvN cut it from 16 to 12 (thank god!) because it was going so slow and I just were not interested in the second leads' story or the brooding husband. All the rest I'm good with.

5 hours ago, Jane said:

OMG GUYS. I just bought a new 24" screen and my life has changed! I can watch dramas on a big (to me) screen now! I can't believe it took me this long to buy one!

You should have told us earlier & I'd have recommended a 27 inch or bigger! I love my big screen and it can fill up so much more stuff in this one big window (it really helped when WFH too). Yup, agree with @JenL Oppa deul look extra awesome in 1080p High Definition :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
10 hours ago, JenL said:

Wow...it sounds like not much is revealed about what he did at this stage of the drama yet?? I don't mind mysterious pasts/ dark secrets, but his character is pretty angsty and angry the whole time that it just annoys me to have to see him take up air time with his attitude instead of the soothing main pairing!

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

You're feeling exactly what I'm feeling at the time of watching. That's why tvN cut it from 16 to 12 (thank god!) because it was going so slow and I just were not interested in the second leads' story or the brooding husband. All the rest I'm good with.

I may have looked for spoilers because I was getting impatient at the rate of reveal. It seems to me that they are trying not to villanise him too much and portray him more as this troubled individual. I think they could have delved more into him and Ji-soo's marriage though and how it broke down. Or maybe they were going for a flashback in the later episodes. But it just doesn't work so well when the pace is so slow and so easy for people to give up. Yes, thank goodness, they cut it. It would have been so much better paced if they conceptualised it as 12 right from the start.

Which brings me to Soon-ho's character existing only to prop him up? I am more interested in her character! They dropped some hints of her own difficult past earlier in the drama but then nothing...Like why did she work on a farm, why does she suddenly want to live in Seoul, why does she love plants so much, why is she so alone?

I am really enjoying Jung Hae-in and Chae Soo-bin's acting though. They are really masters at expressing emotions so delicately!

10 hours ago, JenL said:

Yep, I get you! It's a bit choppy having to go back and forth with equipment and stuff. Since it was a short week last week, I just went in all 4 days so I could get more done because yeah, it's weird when there's no rhythm! Hehe....at home you just wanna watch dramas!

I took vacation days for the next couple of Mondays so I think that's going to add to that weird Tuesday as Monday feeling. Haha!

You should have told us earlier & I'd have recommended a 27 inch or bigger! I love my big screen and it can fill up so much more stuff in this one big window (it really helped when WFH too). Yup, agree with @JenL Oppa deul look extra awesome in 1080p High Definition

Hahaha! It was a spur of the moment decision when I borrowed my brother's screen and I was blown away by it. But 24 inches is more than enough for me, coming from a 13 inches laptop and a phone! I think I will be more encouraged to watch dramas or have varieties playing in the background as I putter around. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Party! 1

@mademoiselle Haha actually I don't have shipping radar. My assessment of BinJin was through many many hours of doing nothing but googling and reading about them.

But I like Kim Jung Hyun and Seo Ji Hye. Both did very well in CLOY and I cried buckets when he died. So far of all the dramas I have watched, I thought these 2 are one of the best/more credible second leads - CLOY fans cared about them so that is success for them. And they look quite compatible.

But the denial statement says they are "close like brother and sister". The sibling bit seems a bit "extra" if they are really dating. [Edit: Maybe lost in translation - junior and senior?]

I'm not familiar with Dispatch. Are they usually accurate?

Mr Queen fans must be very sad 😂

Edit: Didn't know about his contract issues. Will go read. He must be in great demand now compared to before "Time".

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

@Chocolate Dispatch is well known for exposing celebrities dating. Most of the time they are accurate.

Look out for it from now on because every new year 1st of Jan, as a tradition, Dispatch will expose a celeb couple dating. They also made sure it is supported by photo evidences (as you've seen, lol). Not all will admit.

From memory, Dispatch caught:

Ryu Jun Yeol x Hyeri

Song Joong Ki x Song Hye Kyo

Lee Min Ho x Suzy (caught in London!!!)

Park Shin Hye x Lee Jong Suk (denied)

Park Shin Hye x Choi Tae Joon (admitted)

... many more (especially idols)

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 2

@JaneAPoY annoyed me a bit towards the end, it's because SW become too agitated with the pianist. I felt it's not in her place to be so emotional about it. It's his mother who got killed, so he have more rights to be angry. But not her. 

I don't have other complaint other than that. I found her last minute character change quite disruptive. I know it's to stir some emotion/troubled to create some drama. But it didn't worked & felt forced. 

I found CSB x JHI pair is blessed to look at. And I love the slowburn romance a lot. And of course it's very pretty drama overall. I have to thanks to @mademoisellefor liking this and pass it to me. 

• Like 5

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

8 hours ago, Jane said:

I am really enjoying Jung Hae-in and Chae Soo-bin's acting though. They are really masters at expressing emotions so delicately!

Oooh you're close to episode 10 which has scenes that I like!

Hint:

1. In the car

2. Kneeling down (and beer)

3. Ha Won in glasses working together with Seo Woo :heart:

8 hours ago, Jane said:

Which brings me to Soon-ho's character existing only to prop him up? I am more interested in her character! They dropped some hints of her own difficult past earlier in the drama but then nothing...Like why did she work on a farm, why does she suddenly want to live in Seoul, why does she love plants so much, why is she so alone?

With the shortening of 16 to 12, perhaps Soon Ho's backstory was cut. However like you said, we've hints - a failed relationship that hurt her very much so she shy away from people. Now she's ready to face the world again so she goes to Seoul. As for plants, I don't know - was it her who said plants won't betray her or that's just me getting mixed up from other dramas? xD

I don't enjoy the arc between Ji Soo and her husband at all. Their marriage broke down purely because of that secret mystery. She was finally going to forgive him but accident happened. The deliberate drag to the mystery didn't help. However when the cat is finally out of the bag, Jung Hae In's performance was quite good.

What's next after this? I think to continue on with soothing drama, When the Weather is Fine is more enjoyable than this and less draggy and no slow-moving plot. @JenL can attest to that, I think? xD

• Like 4
Just now, mademoiselle said:

Give your boy baby formula LOL! Let's test it out xD

ahhaahah...my boy will spit it out. And baby formulas these days cost an arm & a leg. :pandascared:

48 minutes ago, mirmz said:

hi :D

Hello dear...how have things been?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I don't have other complaint other than that. I found her last minute character change quite disruptive. I know it's to stir some emotion/troubled to create some drama. But it didn't worked & felt forced. 

A casualty of the cut in episodes or perhaps her own trauma about her parents surface. Let me watch and I will get back to you!

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I found CSB x JHI pair is blessed to look at. And I love the slowburn romance a lot. And of course it's very pretty drama overall. I have to thanks to @mademoisellefor liking this and pass it to me. 

They are a beautiful couple! And I like this slow-burn having a very valid reason why its so slow.

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

With the shortening of 16 to 12, perhaps Soon Ho's backstory was cut. However like you said, we've hints - a failed relationship that hurt her very much so she shy away from people. Now she's ready to face the world again so she goes to Seoul. As for plants, I don't know - was it her who said plants won't betray her or that's just me getting mixed up from other dramas? xD

I don't enjoy the arc between Ji Soo and her husband at all. Their marriage broke down purely because of that secret mystery. She was finally going to forgive him but accident happened. The deliberate drag to the mystery didn't help. However when the cat is finally out of the bag, Jung Hae In's performance was quite good.

It's a terrible waste of Soon-ho and the actress, I wish they paced her character development better. I don't enjoy the arc too. It's so darn long to get there. I am looking forward to the cute scenes you mentioned. I just finished the part where Ha-won shared about his mother and they held hands!

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

..but...but... it's an investment LOL

He hated formulas even as a baby. He was breastfed and once he could , I moved him to fresh/ UHT milk since he kept spitting out the formula. He is one picky kid. Now he only likes drinking Bingrae - also costing me $$. Thankfully I have only one child. 

Spoiler

th?id=OIP.qK5P79WQ60yDCvu1krHdRQHaHa&pid

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM Salute! Breast feeding is tough (and painful). Does different brand baby formula taste different? If you put cocoa into the baby formula, would it be tastier? → Auntie Mademoiselle's attempt to foster @abs-oluteM's son to be as tall as Rowoon/Kim Young Kwang so that he could someday grow to become Oppa too. :GengarCool::eeeee::laugh:

I'm not a fan of milk when I was young too and I don't think at my time I had the liberty of fresh milk so I remember I was given long life milk (but I only like it when it's cold). Unlike my nephew, my parents would drive to all supermarkets just to get him Australia's fresh milk.

The Binggrae, are the flavours artificial? I tried the famous banana milk we always see in kdrama when I was in SK. Didn't find it tasty.

@Jane :heart:  Was it this scene they held hands?

EWG07-y-U8-AAi-Ez.jpg
EWG07-y-Uw-AECC-G.jpg

They match so well visually ~ they should work together again. Ha Won x Seo Woo have so many lovely subtle sweet moments. I'd love it if we could have a cut of their scenes only from E1-12. LOL. I like that Ha Won is comfortable with Seo Woo and is able to rest/fall asleep with Seo Woo around (and LOL at the scene of Seo Woo's reasoning of why he was able to).

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
5 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM Salute! Breast feeding is tough (and painful). Does different brand baby formula taste different? If you put cocoa into the baby formula, would it be tastier? → Auntie Mademoiselle's attempt to foster @abs-oluteM's son to be as tall as Rowoon/Kim Young Kwang so that he could someday grow to become Oppa too.

I wanted to breasfeed him as much as I could since mother's milk is the best. I think different formulas are different in taste - hence some babies kick up a fuss when you change brand. A lot of formulas are pretty sweet too - so sometimes some babies are so addicted or drink too much that they become chubby. My kiddo used to like Milo (chocolate based)  later on, but this year he told me he doesn't want to drink it anymore. Headache. He's turning 11 this year, , and has his own mind! 

8 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

The Binggrae, are the flavours artificial? I tried the famous banana milk we always see in kdrama when I was in SK. Didn't find it tasty.

They are. But he seems to like it. The strawberry flavour is pretty nice. I let him have it since he is not a big eater and is a skinny kid. 

• Haha 4

Milo is awesome! It is tasty hot, cold or frozen! I'm still drinking it every weekday at work. I only add water though but put a lot more powder than the directions for use 😅 I actually prefer Milo over chocolate powder. Oh that said, Milo can taste different depending on the country. Milo here taste more milky (and barley). Maggi Mee here also tastes different.

11 eh. Means in another 2 years time, he'll start to grow. At least that's how I remember of the boys at school.

Woah @Chocolate I saw many tweets saying his agency was plotting against him and thought it's probably is just fans speculation but with this, his agency really stabbed him in the back by announcing he didn't leave Time for health reason. :pandawhat:

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/kim-jung-hyun-dispute-agency-seo-ji-hye-rumors/

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 2
25 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Woah @Chocolate I saw many tweets saying his agency was plotting against him and thought it's probably is just fans speculation but with this, his agency really stabbed him in the back by announcing he didn't leave Time for health reason. 

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/kim-jung-hyun-dispute-agency-seo-ji-hye-rumors/

Oh that's quite horrible. I read previously that he left the drama due to depression. I think his father passed away a short time before and the Time plot affected him. But could the agency's statement be true? After all, there's no point lying as it is quite easy to prove/disprove.

Regardless of the reason, the crux is probably the wording of the contract. I wonder how Korean contracts work. Is it just for a time period, or do they specify that you must do X no. of dramas/movies etc. Is there any out-clause? At the end of the day, it's a business thing. Both sides are not going to be nice about it for sentimental reasons.

I love Milo too! But only the 3-in-1 type. They have the perfect mix of cocoa and sugar. 2 packets to 1 cup! 😍 And also the Mcdonald's Ice Milo - best!

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
20 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

NK and Russia have always been portrayed (especially in the US) negatively as villains (e.g. James Bond movies). 

Yep, that's true - every country makes villains out of certain countries. It's that concept of "otherness" - what is so different and unrelatable to us must therefore be bad. Too much time in behavioural studies classes (where we analysed films) :MewHi::laugh:

20 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I did come across a translated news article that the production houses will be consulting more experts due to this incident. They should however it's not going to be flawless when the 3 main East Asian countries share similar cultures.

It's so weird that there needs to be a strong claim to culture though. Can't all 3 cultures just be similar...or do they want it so that if they thought something was invented in Korea (but it could also have been invented in other Asian countries) that the drama would need to portray it so that only Koreans invented that thing? :thinking: Like I wonder what the limits are.

15 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@JenL It is just Lee Na Eun from EY due to her bully past. Hye Yoon has another drama lined up with Taecyeon. Kim Young Dae is doing well too thanks to Penthouse's success.

Ah yes, I forgot HY is in talks to be the female lead with Taecyeon. Not so bad for her then even if this project doesn't go ahead, since she's not main lead either. But I feel bad for the stress it's probably causing the production house. Yeah, KYD is everywhere these days due to Penthouse! I can't stand those types of dramas though :lol:

15 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Yeah, the second leads, while not stereotypically evil or angelic SLS type leads...are kind of boring and irritating to watch :idk: Like you both, I'm only watching for the main couple and pretty aesthetic of lighting and backdrops.

10 hours ago, Jane said:

I think they could have delved more into him and Ji-soo's marriage though and how it broke down.

Yeah...at episode 7, I don't even feel like they were married because you don't see much of a backstory...it almost seems like Ji Soo just had two guys obsess over her without really "getting her"

4 hours ago, Chocolate said:

But the denial statement says they are "close like brother and sister". The sibling bit seems a bit "extra" if they are really dating. [Edit: Maybe lost in translation - junior and senior?]

It's more like junior and senior - I think in Asian languages there's a lot of words to represent feelings of love and closeness. They've probably picked something in between. A lot of nuances are lost in translation. 

From memory, Dispatch caught:

Ryu Jun Yeol x Hyeri

Song Joong Ki x Song Hye Kyo

Lee Min Ho x Suzy (caught in London!!!)

Park Shin Hye x Lee Jong Suk (denied)

Park Shin Hye x Choi Tae Joon (admitted)

... many more (especially idols)

My favourite, not on your list, was when they caught Lee Sung-Kyung with Nam Joo-Hyuk when they were dating after Weightifting Fairy. But then they broke up :idk:

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

What's next after this? I think to continue on with soothing drama, When the Weather is Fine is more enjoyable than this and less draggy and no slow-moving plot. @JenL can attest to that, I think? xD

So far, I would say I enjoyed When the Weather is Fine more than A Piece of Your Mind. I could just be biased because Lee Jae Wook :laugh: But I think overall the village characters are warmer and more fun in Weather and in terms of the 'darker' storylines, I feel like the reasons for the character's actions made more sense in Weather than APoYM?

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

32 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Oh that's quite horrible. I read previously that he left the drama due to depression. I think his father passed away a short time before and the Time plot affected him. But could the agency's statement be true? After all, there's no point lying as it is quite easy to prove/disprove.

Regardless of the reason, the crux is probably the wording of the contract. I wonder how Korean contracts work. Is it just for a time period, or do they specify that you must do X no. of dramas/movies etc. Is there any out-clause? At the end of the day, it's a business thing. Both sides are not going to be nice about it for sentimental reasons.

I love Milo too! But only the 3-in-1 type. They have the perfect mix of cocoa and sugar. 2 packets to 1 cup! 😍 And also the Mcdonald's Ice Milo - best!

The agency had revealed the clause of the contract to the media. And it did say something along the lines that if he couldn't work due to personal reasons, it doesn't count. They claimed that they suffered some loss and they didn't ask KJH to pay for it when he left Time. Weibo poster concluded that the dating rumour is really just a plot device to oust KJH. If he denies the dating rumour, it confirms he was in talks with Culture Depot, and the agency can sue him for breaching the contract. If he confirms the rumour then he can't join Culture Depot.

Oh what! McD has Milo?! But why would you buy iced Milo from McD coz it'll be more expensive.

30 minutes ago, JenL said:

It's so weird that there needs to be a strong claim to culture though. Can't all 3 cultures just be similar...or do they want it so that if they thought something was invented in Korea (but it could also have been invented in other Asian countries) that the drama would need to portray it so that only Koreans invented that thing? Like I wonder what the limits are.

I don't quite understand this too. I'm thinking a nation's culture is their heritage and their pride. It also can involve "money".  Maybe because we grew up in a multicultural environment and we are more acceptance of different cultures so we don't see sharing culture offensive. :idk: I mean, just look at the Nyonya in SEA...a mix of culture create such colourful food! Love the food! :mine:

35 minutes ago, JenL said:

But I feel bad for the stress it's probably causing the production house. Yeah, KYD is everywhere these days due to Penthouse! I can't stand those types of dramas though 

We'll see how it goes because JTBC is a cable TV. Doesn't work the same way as the Free On Air channels. Yeah I'm not fan of Penthouse too but I get spammed with it on my TL. So glad season 2 is over so I can get some peace from the insane storyline.

39 minutes ago, JenL said:

My favourite, not on your list, was when they caught Lee Sung-Kyung with Nam Joo-Hyuk when they were dating after Weightifting Fairy. But then they broke up

Bahahaha. I forgot a lot of couples actually. Even BinJin was caught by Dispatch. As long as they don't catch any of my Oppa I'm fine. Leave my Oppas alone, thank you very much, don't break my fantasy...

41 minutes ago, JenL said:

So far, I would say I enjoyed When the Weather is Fine more than A Piece of Your Mind. I could just be biased because Lee Jae Wook :laugh: But I think overall the village characters are warmer and more fun in Weather and in terms of the 'darker' storylines, I feel like the reasons for the character's actions made more sense in Weather than APoYM?

Nah, not biased coz of LJW. From the presentation POV, When the Weather is Fine is better on a whole, that's why I'm recommending it to Jane. I also enjoyed this more than A Piece of Your Mind at the time of airing.

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

The agency had revealed the clause of the contract to the media. And it did say something along the lines that if he couldn't work due to personal reasons, it doesn't count. They claimed that they suffered some loss and they didn't ask KJH to pay for it when he left Time. Weibo poster concluded that the dating rumour is really just a plot device to oust KJH. If he denies the dating rumour, it confirms he was in talks with Culture Depot, and the agency can sue him for breaching the contract. If he confirms the rumour then he can't join Culture Depot.

Oh what! McD has Milo?! But why would you buy iced Milo from McD coz it'll be more expensive.

No wonder they are pushing the personal reasons thing. If KJH really had health reasons, it would be quite easy to produce a medical report. Sigh but after things get so sour between them, even if KJH is forced to stay with the current agency, it would be such an unpleasant experience for both parties. Likely there will be a monetary settlement.

Oh so that's why I was reading Mr Queen shippers saying that the dating rumour is absolutely false. But it's so strange - why can't an artiste talk to another agency? As long as he doesn't sign, talking should be fine. And couples cannot work in the same agency too? So many rules!

Those dispatch photos are quite incriminating. Probably some truth in them as the way the article is written seems to imply that they have been followed for quite a long period of time.

Yes! Milo from Mcdonalds. I usually buy a breakfast meal which comes with a drink and hash brown - so I choose milo. But sometimes they put so much ice, it gets diluted by the time it is delivered.

Edited by Chocolate