Havenites Dabang

Knock knock.. I'm here to come and sell a drama.. :MewHi:

Hope anyone will become interested and buy it..

Lee Young Ae comeback project to drama land.  She plays the lead role of a former police officer who works as a private investigator of sorts. She’s quirky and damaged, and her life now depends on alcohol and busy as a gamer.  Her colorful and unique characteristics will bring the story to life, adding black comedy elements to a story about a college - aged serial killer whom our heroine must chase after. 

The drama is directed by PD Lee Jung-heum (Nobody Knows, Falsify) and will have 12 episodes. Up until now 4 out of 12 episodes have aired on Netflix. The drama are full with women who are in more active role than the men counterparts. 

My personal suggestion for those who want to try to give the drama chance until episode 3. Episode 1 is the introduction stage and episode 2 slowly starting to reveal the main players for the drama. In episode 3, the fun will only get started. :smile:

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

@LaLa I thoroughly enjoyed Nobody Knows, so I'll check this out once my drama list start dwindling down. I have way too many and it doesn't help that I found some older dramas I want to watch too. :scaredpanda2:

19 hours ago, Dhakra said:

I also heard the plot is kinda weak so far.

The first episode was all about introducing both main leads -- the back story to their trauma and why she ends up living at his house. Correct me if I'm wrong @abs-oluteM, but the female lead is going to pretend to be her twin sister (who is the one with the psychiatry/psychology degree) and live in his house. She lost all her money to a real estate scam and needs a job plus a place to stay. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
5 minutes ago, Tofu said:

The first episode was all about introducing both main leads -- the back story to their trauma and why she ends up living at his house. Correct me if I'm wrong @abs-oluteM, but the female lead is going to pretend to be her twin sister (who is the one with the psychiatry/psychology degree) and live in his house. She lost all her money to a real estate scam and needs a job plus a place to stay. 

So how do you like it? Is it believable or not? Or is the plot so paperthin just for the sake of having a few giggles and a RomCom? 

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

So how do you like it? Is it believable or not? Or is the plot so paperthin just for the sake of having a few giggles and a RomCom? 

I don't think much happened in episode one for me to form a solid opinion on the drama yet. Haha! In episode two, she's suppose to move into his house, so hoping that we get more contents! Right now, the main male lead is a bit on the bratty side, but @abs-oluteM and I were saying that he's so good at acting like a brat/jerk (most of his characters in dramas have been similar). 

@stroppyse If the drama does better in the next few episodes, maybe give it a shot too? It's one episode a week, 12 episodes total and Jun is the male lead. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

@Tofu @Dhakra LMBYK - Hard to tell its it’s a good / bad drama after 1eps. It’s  in some ways set up as a classic rom-com, but it’s not that comedic . In fact I think it was quite a sad episode because the ML is struggling with anxiety leading to sleep loss & sleep walking. She on the other hand had a rough childhood & got scammed of her savings by her employer whom she trusted . I would continue watching at the moment since I like the pairing . I do also like that the songs that the ML writes is part of the OST

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

20 hours ago, Tofu said:

@stroppyse If the drama does better in the next few episodes, maybe give it a shot too? It's one episode a week, 12 episodes total and Jun is the male lead. 

I do like Jun a lot. I think I didn't pay much attention to this because it was an idol drama which tend to be pretty thin on both story and talent usually. Plus, casting Jun as an idol is a bit of a gimme, isn't it? Especially after some of his more challenging roles?

Anyway, thanks for the heads up. I'll put it on my list to check out since it seems to have just started airing.

• Like 3
On 11/13/2021 at 2:29 AM, Tofu said:

I thoroughly enjoyed Nobody Knows, so I'll check this out once my drama list start dwindling down. I have way too many and it doesn't help that I found some older dramas I want to watch too. 

Thanks for showing the interest.:smile:

I also enjoyed watching nobody knows even if I felt scared with killing and the methods. 

And it's understandable if you can't watch it live either. Having too many dramas to watch and need to choose which to become the priority was confusing :)

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

12 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM @bairama @SilverMoonTea I finally got a chance to taste tteokbokki last weekend. Unfortunately it burnt my mouth/tongue so I can't say I "enjoyed" the dish. :jiminbtssigh: Next time I'll hunt for soy sauce version.

Go for the cheese tteoboki...it will reduce the heat. Did you cook it yourself or bought it?

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

12 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM @bairama @SilverMoonTea I finally got a chance to taste tteokbokki last weekend. Unfortunately it burnt my mouth/tongue so I can't say I "enjoyed" the dish. :jiminbtssigh: Next time I'll hunt for soy sauce version.

woah yummeeeyyyyyy!! I've been craving one! How, do you like the texture of tteok?? But, wait, even British High-schooler still ok with it Moi (even the one with low spicy tolerance), or the one your friend bought is only having one sauce and is already spicier? 😂

On 11/13/2021 at 12:00 AM, LaLa said:

The drama are full with women who are in more active role than the men counterparts. 

My personal suggestion for those who want to try to give the drama chance until episode 3. Episode 1 is the introduction stage and episode 2 slowly starting to reveal the main players for the drama. In episode 3, the fun will only get started. :smile:

I think I will be into Inspector Koo as well the drama is women centered & kind of fresh. I already watched until ep 2!

Think I'm gonna recommend this to @Dhakra for watch later

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

1 hour ago, bairama said:

woah yummeeeyyyyyy!! I've been craving one! How, do you like the texture of tteok?? But, wait, even British High-schooler still ok with it Moi (even the one with low spicy tolerance), or the one your friend bought is only having one sauce and is already spicier?

They only have one choice. So I took one tteok and one fish slice. Put it in my mouth and it starts to burn. Once I swallowed the sauce that got on the surrounding of my lips also burns... so yeah, that's my first experience of it. I think the texture is good however I can't say I see how people fall in love with it for the taste...as it taste nothing but spicy for me. :idk:

• Like 3
  • Shocked 2
1 hour ago, bairama said:

Think I'm gonna recommend this to @Dhakra for watch later

Wha-wha-what? :pandablind:Which drama? Which woman? 

Bairama, stop confusing me :scaredpanda2:I can't handle more than one girl at a time. And I am all into Sae Bom from Happiness right now. 

And I rarely watch dramas later. 

Soo... make me a case... awaken my interest :pandasipsip:

Gosh, I love these panda Emojis. 

• Haha 4
6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

however I can't say I see how people fall in love with it for the taste...as it taste nothing but spicy for me.

Do you not like spicy foods? I love it because it's spicy. 

The cheese one that Abs talked about earlier is literally just putting cheese on top of the tteokbokki. :lmao2:

• Haha 5
13 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Do you not like spicy foods? I love it because it's spicy.

Generally no, I don't like spicy food. I can take mild spicy but this tteokbokki is too spicy for me.

14 minutes ago, Tofu said:

The cheese one that Abs talked about earlier is literally just putting cheese on top of the tteokbokki.

So in other words, @abs-oluteM was just hoping the cheese will neutralise the chilli when it is in my mouth is it? :laugh:

• Haha 5
20 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Generally no, I don't like spicy food. I can take mild spicy but this tteokbokki is too spicy for me.

I can't do anything super overly spicy. Tteokbokki is pretty mild to me. Someone once told me that they like their foods to be so spicy that they sweat. :idk:

• Haha 5
3 hours ago, Tofu said:

I can't do anything super overly spicy. Tteokbokki is pretty mild to me. Someone once told me that they like their foods to be so spicy that they sweat. :idk:

Wouldn't it depend on the person/restaurant/shop that makes the tteokbokki? Over here, shops would cater the spicy level to Westerners so when they say this is spicy, it's actually not spicy at all to those who are used to the "original" or "normal" hotness of the same dish, sometimes even for me I can handle it. But I think Korean dishes when they say it's spicy, it is still spicy LOL.

• Haha 4

@mademoiselle Haha! Yes, they do that here too! Every time I order, I usually have to specify to that I want the Asian version of that spice level. :laugh:

Anyway, the banner of the week is of the drama Reflection of You. If your life needs a little more drama, you're welcome to join us in watching the drama unfold in these characters' lives. :lmao2:

• Haha 2
On 11/16/2021 at 6:16 AM, bairama said:

I think I will be into Inspector Koo as well the drama is women centered & kind of fresh. I already watched until ep 2!

I'm glad that you enjoying the drama :) Hope to see your thoughts later in the thread when you have the time.. 

The same goes with you @SilverMoonTea unnie.. I'm glad I could sold a drama to you without any oppa as the factor to entice you watching it :MewGiggle:

45 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I just realized I have 5 dramas for the Fri-Sat-Sun slots

While I don't have the same amount of dramas like you, the drama that I currently watch mostly airs in Fri-Sat-Sun slot too.. So my weekend will be busy catching up with it.. I watch the variety shows on weekdays to relieve the tiredness after work while waiting patiently for the weekends to come faster... 

My colleagues are going to be tired to listen at my grumbles for the next few weeks, hoping for weekend to come faster and faster.. These days I seemed to think that after Monday, it will be Wednesday, skipping Tuesday all together :pandaheadstomp:

• Haha 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

On 11/15/2021 at 5:55 PM, mademoiselle said:

I can’t have the tteokbokki out there too. When I bought a packaged one, I will only put half or even one third of the sauce provided. Now they have different flavors in Jajang and Cheese Tteokbokki. I can choose to have those but I do like the red spicy sauce too, but just very very little is enough for me.  

• Like 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love