Havenites Dabang

2 hours ago, Jane said:

That's good to know. How many months left to the summer vacations? 3-4 months? Do you have end of year examinations like us exam-crazy Asians?

um i think we have about 10 weeks left? something like that. i know my last day is at the end of may.and i don't know if there's any end of the year tests (hopefully).

• Like 4

mirmz out

*insert mic drop*

Explosion Mic Drop GIF by P.O.S. - Find & Share on GIPHY

ttyl people <3

my list are alot simpler than both @SilverMoonTea & @Tofu

1. Monday - Friday (11pm) - No Matter What

2. Thursday - Sunday (8.15pm) - You're My Hero

3. Monday - (8.15pm) The Sword & The Brocade

hehehehe......i dont watch alot of drama nowadays.....unless its those drama that they dump all the episodes (happen alot in C-Land) i will marathon them over the weekend :wow2:

• Haha 3

Hello! Been sooooo long since I popped in for a chat here. How is everyone doing? How has your weeks been? Hope everyone is going well :yayaya:

Also sorry if anyone tagged me here and I never responded ...the chat is too fast and I can only concentrate on a few threads at the time because I'm a slow turtle who writes a lot...I'm not as ninja as @abs-oluteM :idk: Don't mind me as I play some catch up :laugh:

On 3/12/2021 at 2:21 AM, ssteph said:

@JenL I also love When the Weather is Fine :hearties:

Yayyyy, I'm glad you liked it too. I really enjoyed it. It made me look up book clubs around my area to join...but then I realised it probably wasn't going to be as cool as the drama so I gave up :laugh:

On 3/12/2021 at 4:38 PM, Jane said:

I feel like I know him already from @Tofu's constant raving on twitter. Haha!

This Bai Jing Ting is definitely one of @Tofu's favourites lately :MewHi:

On 3/12/2021 at 5:04 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

His hair a bit too short for my liking? And he looks so much younger than me :laugh:

She says this here but her latest Oppa is 18 yrs old!!!

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 3/12/2021 at 8:26 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

All I know that arrow go straight to my heart :laugh: Tacky I know :hearties:

@SilverMoonTea Are you the expert of cheesy pick up lines? :lenny::laugh:

On 3/12/2021 at 8:28 PM, Jane said:

DOWNGRADE! Oppas must have a special place in your heart.

Hahaha...damn, most of mine are just pretty eye candies! :laugh:

On 3/13/2021 at 2:41 AM, Tofu said:

Almost all Chinese dramas are pre-filmed prior to airing. I do not think they have any live shoots and will probably never have any of those too. They film many dramas every month (think 5+) so the queue is really long. Many of the dramas airing now were filmed back in 2019/2020 (some even earlier). Promotions for Chinese dramas are really different from Korean dramas. With Korean dramas, you know months in advance when a drama is going to air. With Chinese dramas, you know a few days before.

Thanks for explaining this @Tofu...I've always been so confused about Chinese dramas....haha this is just adding to more reasons why I think I've avoided Chinese dramas thus far. I like the semi-live schedule of Tw and K dramas. It feels like there's too big a gap if the drama was shot ages ago...like do the actors even remember what they're promoting if they're also shooting new projects?! :lettalKWA:

On 3/13/2021 at 2:41 AM, Tofu said:

On the first day of release, they drop around 6 or 8 episodes. Afterwards, it's usually 2 episodes each day it's scheduled to air. If we use Bai Jingting as an example, he has two dramas out this week -- both releasing a total of 14 episodes each. Someone following just one drama would have to watch 14 episodes to catch up and if you watch both, 28 episodes. Bai Jingting's fans are working hard because not only does he have a drama out but I think he's in a variety show airing right now too. :eeeee:

Oh god...if they drop both Jasper's dramas, I'm not sure to laugh or cry or run away. Watching 28 episodes at once sounds too intense for meeee :psweatduck:  Runnnnn Awayyyyy

On 3/13/2021 at 10:32 AM, mademoiselle said:

Hahaha I woke up anticipating to see pictures from @TRaNz's Friday night out dinner LOL. There's none so maybe he had McD or KFC last night.

Man, I also have to catch up on @TRaNz's food threads. Give me ideas for new food adventures! I can also actually go to the places mentioned too which makes me happy :CharmanderYay:

On 3/13/2021 at 11:57 AM, mademoiselle said:

I bought tattslotto on Thurs and just checked... :cry: no win at all.

I want to win, but always forget to buy the ticket :PikachuFacePalm: 0% chance!

On 3/13/2021 at 3:13 PM, Tofu said:

Hahaha! I have no passive income. All of my points are earned through posting because no one really replies in my threads. :cry: 

Hahaha oh no! I'll try to reply in your threads!

On 3/13/2021 at 7:49 PM, mademoiselle said:

Did I perhaps watch too much murder dramas? :laugh: How am I going to handle Joseon Exorcist later when I already have this kind of dream before that drama air?

I'm so chicken that I get scared reading horror movie descriptions ok wikipedia. I guess I should avoid Joseon Exorcist? :laugh:

On 3/13/2021 at 11:36 PM, Chocolate said:

My spare time is now spent watching dramas, where got time to read? 😭

Me too! I read one book recently...and now I'm back to drama watching. Good bye books again!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

11 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@JenLWhat book did you read? Haha, we got Book Lounge... but not much book discussion ahahaha.... We're all too busy with 1001 oppas... 

Tbh Jaspers 12 Legends really not too enticing. I think also no chemie with Gulinazha... Well I'm happy if I proven wrong, but not sure if I'm even going to try it... @TofuYou can try and call me if it's good ahaha....

I always think of writing in your book club thread but I'm forgetful! I do love reading - my last book was 'The Secret History' by Donna Tartt. Very morally corrupt rich college kids kill someone in a bizarre way  :psweatduck: I couldn't put it down once I started. I'm at 62 books out of 100 - trying to complete one of those 100 recommended books reading lists. It's taken me years to get this far so far :laugh:

Hahaha, I don't know if I'll end up finishing the first ep either...The dubbing of Jasper's voice will kill me first :PikachuFacePalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 1