Havenites Dabang

26 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

In asean we have rotating blackouts sometimes lols... 

Extreme weather, the worst happened when it's flooding haha... 

I wouldn't call it stable 😆, especially my homecountry awauahahaha....

Btw I miss @JenL, hope everything is fine soon, hugs 🤗🥰

i think China now is having power supply control, some suppliers are not allow to operate 100% and they cut their operation and also days....

if they want to operate they need to run on generator ...

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1
1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

I just watched Sweet and Sour... didn't like it. Feel like I've wasted my time :letalQQ:

Yeah it should have been a tv series with 16 eps right? RIGHT! awesome cool, glad we got that sorted. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 6

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

8 minutes ago, TRaNz said:

Yeah it should have been a tv series with 16 eps right? RIGHT! awesome cool, glad we got that sorted. 

:laugh: not sure whether that will make it better or not... Don’t get me wrong. I think the twist was brilliant. But something is missing that made me care for any of the characters. I thought I cared about one of the characters but no.... I feel cheated. 

Wait, so do you like the movie or not? I haven’t back read on the pages here. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@NiteWalker @bairama strong gutsy wind... So lots of places were without power...some regional areas got flooded... And of course some fallen trees etc :laugh: some streets down i saw a huge tree fell down and blocked 3/4 of the street in the morning. It was still there in the arvo...i was like...didnt someone call someone?? 

@mademoiselle honestly i thought here is much more stable compared to certain asian countries. We hardly have any blackout..if we do..power is usually back within a few hours... Although it still sucks to be without power at all... 

• Like 9

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

1 minute ago, SnowBlob said:

@NiteWalker @bairama strong gutsy wind... So lots of places were without power...some regional areas got flooded... And of course some fallen trees etc :laugh: some streets down i saw a huge tree fell down and blocked 3/4 of the street in the morning. It was still there in the arvo...i was like...didnt someone call someone?? 

yes i can imagine that we were facing the same thing about 3 years ago....and i watch the water rises right in front of me....the next day 3/4 of the island are without power, due to parts of the water flooded some power supply sub-station and also parts of the hills had landslides and cover the whole road....trees feel down and cars were also floating right in front of us during the float.....

it was one of the worst flood that happen in Penang for over 50 years if im not wrong ....

take care of yourself and try to move things to higher ground if the wind / rain is still going on....i hope its had stop or slow down?

• Like 8
  • Heart Eyes 1
4 minutes ago, SnowBlob said:

honestly i thought here is much more stable compared to certain asian countries. We hardly have any blackout..if we do..power is usually back within a few hours... Although it still sucks to be without power at all... 

My colleague lost their power last night and it had been a day the power is still not back up. The time given in the notice is that the power will be back on 13 June. That's 3 days! I also hope she gets the power back already by the time she got home.

When I drove home today, the street lights were still out. COVID, bad weather... what's next? Deep Impact? Armageddon? Sometimes I feel like we are heading towards apocalyse like the movies.

The other colleague didn't come in today because the car is in the garage :laugh:. So jelly... annual leave for her.

4 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

take care of yourself and try to move things to higher ground if the wind / rain is still going on....i hope its had stop or slow down?

Rain and wind have stopped :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Shocked 1
2 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

The other colleague didn't come in today because the car is in the garage :laugh:. So jelly... annual leave for her.

well we're stuck in another flood once too and our boss sent msg to all of us who still can turn bk to go bk home and work.....

i did it....i was stuck in the same spot for over an hour and it only took me 5 mins to get home hahahaha...and still in times for work!

3 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Rain and wind have stopped :)

water down too?

• Like 8
  • Shocked 1
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

HAHAHA @TRaNz Ouch? :laugh:

hahahah i tried to avoid the Ouch this time, too many last time. AHHAHAAH

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

:laugh: not sure whether that will make it better or not... Don’t get me wrong. I think the twist was brilliant. But something is missing that made me care for any of the characters. I thought I cared about one of the characters but no.... I feel cheated. 

Wait, so do you like the movie or not? I haven’t back read on the pages here. 

Yeah I liked it, BUT coulda been better if it was stretched out instead of jammed into 1.5hrs.

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

When I drove home today, the street lights were still out. COVID, bad weather... what's next? Deep Impact? Armageddon? Sometimes I feel like we are heading towards apocalyse like the movies.

Whats next is that I become VIP at McDonalds.........in my DREAMS! hahahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

@ktcjdrama I think TraNz is right that if this was a little longer (say drama), we might feel/care a bit more towards/for the characters. But because it's short, I too, didn't feel attach to any of them. It was just all on the surface and their emotions didn't really get to me.

So I wouldn't say I love/like this movie (Ouch in advance for @TRaNz, lol). It was just an OK. I don't think I've seen any Korean (romance/rom-com) movies I could declare love for or find it really memorable. Angry/annoyed yes... *cough* On Your Wedding Day *cough*

1 hour ago, TRaNz said:

Whats next is that I become VIP at McDonalds.........in my DREAMS! hahahaha

My DREAM is bigger than yours... I wanna be real life CHAEBOL, not virtual! :cry:

Imagine us human won tattslotto (finally being rich) and then the next day end of the world. :laugh: Money becomes worthless. Ohhhh the horror.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 5
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

So I wouldn't say I love/like this movie (Ouch in advance for @TRaNz, lol). It was just an OK. I don't think I've seen any Korean (romance/rom-com) movies I could declare love for or find it really memorable. Angry/annoyed yes... *cough* On Your Wedding Day *cough*

My DREAM is bigger than yours... I wanna be real life CHAEBOL, not virtual! :cry:

Imagine us human won tattslotto (finally being rich) and then the next day end of the world. :laugh: Money becomes worthless. Ohhhh the horror.

OUCH

hahahahaha

real life chaebol, nah too much pressure when in the public eye and all that.

I think youre on the money with just winning that lotto. Thatd be super nice. set yourself up for retirement early and investments everywhere, dont have to have a busy stressful job. Open up a simple small bubble milk tea joint and drive fancy cars.....wait....WAIT....sounds like Na-Ri from The Kings Eternal Monarch.....nice supercars...owns a bubble tea place.... ahhahaha

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Party! 1

2 hours ago, TRaNz said:

Yeah I liked it, BUT coulda been better if it was stretched out instead of jammed into 1.5hrs.

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

But because it's short, I too, didn't feel attach to any of them. It was just all on the surface and their emotions didn't really get to me.

I do think if it were a mini-series like a 4 or 8 episodes kind of things, would've been better in building up the feels for each character... So many "huh?" for me watching it. Eg. that suited up CEO? Head Security? Whatever is he?? The story was a good idea, and really, the twist was brilliant, didn't see that coming. But then, what's the whole point of this, and that, and this... (nevermindme, just thinking out loud).... And one thing that I really dislike about the relationship(s) in the story summed up in a word is 

Spoiler

rebound ~ ~ ~ what the...??

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@NiteWalker the flooding is in certain regional area only (far from where we are)...that area has a creek. Where I was was only gutsy wind.. Power outage... But all was good since yesterday afternoon :Party02: I feel so scared driving through flooded road no matter how 'shallow' it looks like... :psweatduck:

@mademoiselle yikes... Poor friend of yours. Hope she gets her power back already. If it's truly 3 days without power..:lettalKWA:

• Like 7
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

2 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

@NiteWalker the flooding is in certain regional area only (far from where we are)...that area has a creek. Where I was was only gutsy wind.. Power outage... But all was good since yesterday afternoon :Party02: I feel so scared driving through flooded road no matter how 'shallow' it looks like... :psweatduck:

@mademoiselle yikes... Poor friend of yours. Hope she gets her power back already. If it's truly 3 days without power..:lettalKWA:

thats good....

i know how it feel to drive thru that area.....and for the last 2 years i had insured my car against natural disaster as well...cause i dont know for certain when i will need to drive thru a flood area

• Like 4
  • Shocked 3

@ktcjdrama @mademoiselle @TRaNz : I do feel the movie was a bit lacking in many areas too. I couldn't feel a connection to any of the characters, the most I had was probably with rebound Hyeok. He seemed genuine. To me, everyone was emotionally cheating on each other, right? Hahaha!! 

I hope the weather gets better for everyone! It's been really hot and humid here. Everyday I'm tempted to work from home so I won't have to deal with the heat but WFH means no work will be accomplished. Haha!

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

@SnowBlob Heating and cooking are gas so that's ok. It of course still sux there's no electricity because that means no TV, no charging of phone (to watch/chat), can't read (unless you light up 100 candles maybe), the food in the fridge...

@NiteWalker I'm not sure whether it really blows up. Maybe it's just electrical pole toppled. Some pictures in the link below:

https://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/almost-130000-victorian-homes-still-without-power-after-storm-damage/news-story/427dda6401d40a568af7d726ebb1411e

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

I do feel the movie was a bit lacking in many areas too. I couldn't feel a connection to any of the characters, the most I had was probably with rebound Hyeok. He seemed genuine. To me, everyone was emotionally cheating on each other, right? Hahaha!! 

Another OUCH from @TRaNz :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 2
35 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@SnowBlob Heating and cooking are gas so that's ok. It of course still sux there's no electricity because that means no TV, no charging of phone (to watch/chat), can't read (unless you light up 100 candles maybe), the food in the fridge...

Pretty sure ducted heating wont work coz i tried. Ahhh...hubby said yes you could still cook but i have to ignite it with the thingy... I didnt know...coz i tried to cook but it wouldnt turn on. Oh well now i knowww... 

Alright everyoneee...have a great weekend! I'm gonna go offline for now :hearties:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Party! 1

3 hours ago, Tofu said:

I hope the weather gets better for everyone! It's been really hot and humid here. Everyday I'm tempted to work from home so I won't have to deal with the heat but WFH means no work will be accomplished. Haha!

There is something about WFH that makes ppl extremely unproductive lols... 

Thats why IBM failed & revenue down and call their remote workers back lols 

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/11/when-working-from-home-doesnt-work/540660/

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif