Havenites Dabang

On 6/10/2021 at 8:20 PM, mademoiselle said:

So I wouldn't say I love/like this movie (Ouch in advance for @TRaNz, lol). It was just an OK. I don't think I've seen any Korean (romance/rom-com) movies I could declare love for or find it really memorable. Angry/annoyed yes... *cough* On Your Wedding Day *cough*

I am still sore about On Your Wedding Day ...:shocked2:I

Like @TRaNz I quite liked Sweet & Sour -  actually an interesting concept but the twist that came hits you all of a sudden. I tell you what I thought at first . I thought Chae Soo Bin's character was trying to scam the fat JH ahahahahah. I have low trust in people .

@ktcjdrama @Tofu  the character I came to care for was the fatter JH.

Spoiler

And when he became the skinnier JH , I thought that his character changed and perhaps his new found good looks made him an arse . Who knew it was a different person. 

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

When sexy lady modelling for car is outdated..

This is what you do while looking for Bossam crumbs? They are so shippable!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

9 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I am still sore about On Your Wedding Day

So am I! They release so many cute photos of them and they even did a photoshoot. Grrrrrrr! Using @JenL's fave emoji :pandarage2:

I think for me, Chae Soo Bin's character wasn't that sweet lady I know her from her previous roles so this sense, I wasn't very fond of or find it easy to like. Jang Ki Yong's character felt underdeveloped although I appreciated that he did try very hard to commute between Seoul and Incheon to be with her, even though by the time he reaches home he is always beat. Both sides are relatable. We all work so we know that exhaustion, especially after one day of exposing ourselves to mental abuse (whatever we are subject to at work, even when we're not directly involved) and then use the remaining energy to drive home. Traffic jam is frustrating enough and challenge one's temper. So by the time we reach home, we really don't want to move or do ANYTHING. I konked out two nights in a row after dinner and 2 dramas this week. JKY's character had been really patient in this sense and he didn't complain (not until Soo Bin asked him to throw out the trash).

That said, I was disappointed with him leaving Soo Bin alone after the "..." Even though she said she is OK, we should all know it is not. This is also the trigger to her seeking comfort from Jang Hyuk

---

Check this out if you haven't seen it before. It's so fun.

For Michael Jackson's fans

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

@Tofu Ohhhh I see! So that must be milk tea teddy bear ice! SMART. Looks so delicious.

By the way guys and @abs-oluteM look at this absurdity from the writer of TLE! AND the absurdity of the styling :PsyWhat:

192229583_755943308408344_61120822618682

Logan died in an explosion (killed by Dan Tae who faked sickness, escape from hospital - something like that - disguise as an old man) and then voila, few episodes later, Logan is back! Only this is his twin brother! :laugh: And supposedly Knetizens pointed out that in the character description Logan is supposed to be an only child. Last season we also have twins LOLLL. The writer might as well create quadruplet instead so that she can keep killing them.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3

@mademoiselle this is exactly why I can’t bring myself to watch this writer’s work again . She just does what she wants & there’s no proper logic . She breaks her own rules to please the audience.  Many ppl like Logan’s story with the Lee Ji Ah’s character if I am not mistaken ( based on what I saw on Twitter) .:pandablank:

Hmm what strange drink is that @Tofu? The purple & green …..

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

42 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Many ppl like Logan’s story with the Lee Ji Ah’s character if I am not mistaken

Yeah I think so. Lee Ji Ah was the one that had a twin too. When Logan died, they were upset.

27 minutes ago, Tofu said:

How do you know all of that without watching Penthouse? Are you a clip watcher like moi?

Hahahaha no. People I follow watch and post. There's one account that would post episode summary so I see them xD For this one it was just everyone expressing disbelief and laughing at the styling/absurdness.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
22 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Omg @NiteWalker
 @SnowBlob

Kenshin movie (the final) is coming to Netflix!

https://www.netflix.com/title/81313227?s=a&trkid=13747225&t=cp

What what whattttttt.... BUT I don't have Netflix :pandasad: I need to wait until that gets on the 'ehemm' site.... Don't know when though. Btw, Kenshin the Beginning should be out in Japan last week ~

• Like 3

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

6 minutes ago, SnowBlob said:

What what whattttttt.... BUT I don't have Netflix :pandasad: I need to wait until that gets on the 'ehemm' site.... Don't know when though. Btw, Kenshin the Beginning should be out in Japan last week ~

I'm confused with the names now LOL. Why are we back to beginning when we're supposed to be in the final?

After Googling:

1. Rurouni Kenshin (2012)
  2. Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno | Rurouni Kenshin Kyoto Taika Hen (2014)
  3. Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends | Rurouni Kenshin Densetsu no Saigo Hen (2014)
  4. Rurouni Kenshin: The Final | Rurouni Kenshin Saishusho The Final (2021)
  5. Rurouni Kenshin: The Beginning | Rurouni Kenshin Saishusho The Beginning (2021)

Hmm ok, so hopefully the 5th ones also come to Netflix then my Kenshin journey will be all complete :laugh:

You can just trial NF for a month and then cancel it later. Else like you said, turn to the dark side. xD

• Haha 3

@mademoiselle the last timw i trief when HP season 1 was nearly finished airing...Netflix here didnt offer the 1 month trial..:cry: if they do now..i'll wait until the Beginning is released then ahhahahahhahah. I thought it cool to switch the beginning and the end. I sense that the Beginning will indicate the new life our Kenshin is starting at the conclusion of the 5 movies (but i do hope they will make thr 6th one :love:)

• Like 3

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

@SnowBlob :shocked: I just checked. Netflix has removed the one month free trial! :pandarage:

Hmm ah well, you could always just pay for a month and then cancel.

If it is the beginning of a new life, shouldn't it be called "The New Beginning"?

Errr...no to a 6th. I only really liked the first one. After the first the others started being difficult to follow - too many characters and the political bits are hard to grasp.

• Haha 3

@SilverMoonTea But... but... but... how come i's all male? They are armies too? I thought it would be swamped with more girls!

What did you all do today? JH is particularly quiet.

I went to replenish my fridge, boy oh boy, it was jam packed filled with people! And now it is mandatory for us to scan QR code whenever we have to enter a shop. Cue *OMG, government will be spying on us paranoia!* -- Refer to kdrama "Time" LOL.

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

@SilverMoonTea But... but... but... how come i's all male? They are armies too? I thought it would be swamped with more girls!

I went to replenish my fridge, boy oh boy, it was jam packed filled with people! And now it is mandatory for us to scan QR code whenever we have to enter a shop. Cue *OMG, government will be spying on us paranoia!* -- Refer to kdrama "Time" LOL.

Haha they're grab driver on task to get the MCd for fangirl... @TofuBTS marketing is the best in the world haha...

I watched C drama youth Please Class Mate, and got SLS (again 😰). Tidy up my room & work desk (and realized I really need to work up on being more minimalist). And I also need to stock up some necessities... Dragging my feet to do it...😂

Madem, even that movie Trade for Your Love... a bit... hahaha.... But it kind of reviving my old flame to anchornim, he's a cutie. I will tune in You're my Spring when it's airing. 

• Haha 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

26 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

being more minimalist

You & me both ㅠㅠ

I didn't do any tidying up today. I spent the rest of the afternoon making egg muffins for freezing (for days when I don't have bread at home or too lazy to buy - breakkie at work).

Hahaha I didn't know you like anchor-nim as well. So he's also Oppa. Did you complete the drama? He hasn't made it into my Oppa list actually. :pandathink: I don't quite like his character in that movie. Seems unreliable and dillydally.

• Like 1
  • Tasty 2
27 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

You & me both ㅠㅠ

I didn't do any tidying up today. I spent the rest of the afternoon making egg muffins for freezing (for days when I don't have bread at home or too lazy to buy - breakkie at work).

Hahaha I didn't know you like anchor-nim as well. So he's also Oppa. Did you complete the drama? He hasn't made it into my Oppa list actually. :pandathink: I don't quite like his character in that movie. Seems unreliable and dillydally.

I like anchornim drama and his character there, but I didn't like the FL, so was unable to complete that. Hmmm actually is he oppa or not yah... maybe not yet. Cos I didn't really meet the 3 oppas requirement lols

• Haha 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

13 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I like anchornim drama and his character there, but I didn't like the FL, so was unable to complete that. Hmmm actually is he oppa or not yah... maybe not yet. Cos I didn't really meet the 3 oppas requirement lols

So anchornim also 1/3 of love only (or no love now...) :laugh:

• Haha 3
On 6/8/2021 at 12:07 PM, bairama said:

So saddd Running Man when Kwangsoo left.

I saw some of the clips and pictures on twt today and the way Jihyo cried so much! It's truly the end of an era in k-variety.

2nd Gen K-Pop fans, did you see this epic reunion of After School! I have been blasting 2nd gen songs all weekend because of it!

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I woke up and rewatched the concert of "Rolling Quartz", then gave Johnny his breakfast, prepared my bag for the gym tomorrow, since FINALLY the gyms are opening up again and due to that I also planned my diet. Covid got me gooood in the fatness department :laugh:From 4-pack to one-pack. 

And now I am going to watch all three games of the European Championship. :pandasipsip:

I hope today we don't get such terrible pictures like yesterday with Christian Ericsen. 

Edited by Dhakra
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1