Havenites Dabang

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahaha I was planning to check out Police University last week but YAMG got in the way. xD

Edit: OMG @TRaNz 57 cases?!! My Society dining is down the drain at this rate!

Join us in cute UWU vibes with JinYoungie and SooJungie :heart:

Yeah I dont know what happened there...how we doubled over nite in cases.

Some were saying most were from the Al Taqwa school in their testing isolation period so thats why numbers went up more than usual. Will have to see what tomorrow and Saturday holds for us. But at the moment its not looking too great. I can sense the extension on the extension with another extension.......aiiggooooooooooo

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

6 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Noooo.... but I already sign up to this drama, what to do sigh. I'll stop watching when he die then.

That will be at the end. Are you committing through this drama?! :smug:

@mademoiselle @TRaNz Is that positive COVID cases? I'm so used to the numbers being so high where I am that I automatically think seeing a number in the 50s is low. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
15 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle @TRaNz Is that positive COVID cases? I'm so used to the numbers being so high where I am that I automatically think seeing a number in the 50s is low. 

It is low compared to other countries but the state already lock us down with 12 cases or so and not ending the lockdown if it doesn't go down to zero then we have no chance to end the lockdown if it is increasing even more.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Shocked 1
26 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

It is low compared to other countries but the state already lock us down with 12 cases or so and not ending the lockdown if it doesn't go down to zero then we have no chance to end the lockdown if it is increasing even more.

But someone who lives with many others can infect all of those people? Wow, do the people who has it get shamed? That's pretty horrible. 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@TRaNz I've started on E1 of Police University. I'm not immediately into it yet. Will continue on with E2 now.

hmm...if ep 2 doesnt draw you in....dunno...might have to not talk to you anymore.

LOLjkz.

but nah seriously 2-3 eps is all it takes imo.

43 minutes ago, Tofu said:

But someone who lives with many others can infect all of those people? Wow, do the people who has it get shamed? That's pretty horrible. 

Yeah thats the correct threory, which was why we went into lockdown with such low positive cases.

Because infected people roam around publicly still and it becomes a big spreading event. So our govt locksdown hard early to keep the numbers low.

The last 5 lockdowns that method has worked. This lockdown...its questionable only because most people are now not following the rules. They just cant be bothered with it anymore.

As for the shaming, most people dont get named at all.

Its only the big fussy cases that things get leaked out.

Example is last weekend, despite a hard lockdown, there was an engagement part of 69 people at a private residence.

Video of the engagement was leaked, faces were seen and key people who owned businesses had their Google reviews trashed hard. ( brides father owned a skin cancer clinic, it was over run with  over 100+ troll reviews and 1 star reviews in under 8 hours, but since has been removed )

Though stuff like that will stick on social media.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

25 minutes ago, TRaNz said:

Its only the big fussy cases that things get leaked out.

Example is last weekend, despite a hard lockdown, there was an engagement part of 69 people at a private residence.

Video of the engagement was leaked, faces were seen and key people who owned businesses had their Google reviews trashed hard. ( brides father owned a skin cancer clinic, it was over run with  over 100+ troll reviews and 1 star reviews in under 8 hours, but since has been removed )

Though stuff like that will stick on social media.

Wow! I don't know why people risk it either because if you are in lockdown for 50+ cases, if these people at the party get sick, your lockdown will only extend. I'm assuming by "lockdown" that means you can only go to the store for essentials?

@SilverMoonTea That's quite an investment to be on episode 8. Haha! I'm also committed to finishing Sweet Teeth, something I originally planned on dropping after doing a first impression. I was convinced to continue from @IpohBanana. She's also watching Dreams of Chang'an/Stand By Me. Wow, maybe she's the real MVP, convincing us to continue watching like this!! :laugh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
Just now, mademoiselle said:

So what's your verdict on YAMG? @Chocolate

Surprisingly good! There were quite a lot of swoon-worthy moments haha. But I liked him better at the beginning when he was not smiling so much lol. It's in chinese so I just play while working. I think I missed some things - including that "gene" conversation.

But the make-up on Dilreba is quite thick. Her face is a different color from her neck. After watching korean dramas where the makeup is quite natural, I'm now criticising HK dramas where the FL goes to bed with a face full of make up! Haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
6 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Wow! I don't know why people risk it either because if you are in lockdown for 50+ cases, if these people at the party get sick, your lockdown will only extend. I'm assuming by "lockdown" that means you can only go to the store for essentials?

Yep, what @mademoiselle said about whats allowed for a lockdown...which isnt much for us.

I believe it was initially 2 tested positive from that engagement party, not sure if more came positive or not.

But yeah its such a massive disappointment though. The state goes through heaps of tough times with lockdowns, then you have people who think they're above the law and hold a party......sighh

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Shocked 2

@Chocolate I was a bit bothered by the coloring of some of the scenes. Yang Yang was often more pink/red than Dilireba. :idk:

@mademoiselle @TRaNz Have you started vaccinations there? Not that being vaccinated should allow you to host large gathering. I think it's just better to be safe. That's pretty disappointing and no wonder everyone is so upset!! I hope @TRaNz all your favorite fast foods are within 5km of you. :laugh:

• Like 6

@Chocolate True. I like him more before they got together too. I didn't mind the earlier stages of them being together but I think from E29-32 I got bored xDDDD. I wasn't paying attention when they had their wedding. Bwahaha.

Agree on Dilreba's makeup. I notice that too. Sometimes I still question, in general, the Chinese's choice of fashion. E.g. the dress she wore to the game. That big ribbon was annoying. LOL. YY on the other hand looks so fine in all black - simple shirt and pants. Maybe it's for the better with the gene conversation... *goosebumps* but I saw a cut available on YouTube before so let me see if I can find it again.

Here you go:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Singapore has about 50 cases on average daily but it seems most do not result in serious illness. The hospitals are coping well. So I think the we are going to try and live with it instead of going for zero-covid.

Today, it was announced that we can travel to Germany without quarantine if we are vaccinated! This starts from 9 Sep. And Hongkongers and Macau people can come to Singapore without quarantine too. Government will monitor the consequences of this but crossing fingers!

Today, we also sentenced a man for not wearing mask to 6 weeks jail. He said he was "sovereign" and not subject to Singapore laws 🙄

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/briton-jailed-for-not-wearing-mask-in-public-to-be-deported-after-release

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

@Tofu I've one dose of vaccine. Have to wait for another 5 weeks to get the second dose. It used to be 3 weeks but I think because of increase in cases, the government opened up more vaccination centre and extended to 6 weeks for 2nd doses to accommodate more people.

@TRaNz Looks like 16-39 age group can soon get Pfizer too by end of August.

@Chocolate I saw that free quarantine travel news too. I hope it doesn't make things worse for the country. When more people are vaccinated I see this is how it will be. Our health system has already notififed me I can access my vaccination history from the website after I complete my COVID vaccine so I'm pretty sure I've to carry this with me as proof if I were to travel in the future.

Wow, 6 weeks jail for not wearing a mask. Tough but understandable. But in that video, he still doesn't wear a mask!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
14 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Today, we also sentenced a man for not wearing mask to 6 weeks jail. He said he was "sovereign" and not subject to Singapore laws

We don't have enough space in America to send everyone to jail for not wearing a mask. Haha! A good amount of people do not wear their mask here, but they also said if you're vaccinated you don't have to wear one too. I just continue to wear my mask because I don't trust these people. I mean look who they voted for president the last four years. :niu: :laugh:

10 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I've one dose of vaccine. Have to wait for another 5 weeks to get the second dose. It used to be 3 weeks but I think because of increase in cases, the government opened up more vaccination centre and extended to 6 weeks for 2nd doses to accommodate more people.

Ahh, I see! When we got our first dose here, we were told that ideally the second dose should happen in 4 weeks, but it can be extended out to 6 weeks. Right now, anyone 12+ can get the vaccine. My little cousin (12) got the vaccine and he was good. He just had a sore arm that he complained about but nothing else. He lives in a state where they have a lot of people who are against mask wearing. I think his older sister is going have him do virtual learning again this year. It's really sad because he's already a pretty shy kid and it's important for him to socialize with others. I can't imagined what being home for another year will do to his interpersonal skills -- he'll probably just isolate himself more. By the way, they even have websites to stop the state I live in from mandating mask wearing. I see people holding up the signs for it everyday I go to work. :laugh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
47 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@Chocolate I saw that free quarantine travel news too. I hope it doesn't make things worse for the country. When more people are vaccinated I see this is how it will be. Our health system has already notififed me I can access my vaccination history from the website after I complete my COVID vaccine so I'm pretty sure I've to carry this with me as proof if I were to travel in the future.

Wow, 6 weeks jail for not wearing a mask. Tough but understandable. But in that video, he still doesn't wear a mask!

We need a booster for it to work. Most of us have been vaccinated since 1st half of this year. By early next year, we will all be at risk again. I think they are planning for booster from CNY 2022 onwards.

That video was when he exited the court the first time. He still didn't wear mask and continued to be a nuisance, so they threw him in jail to wait out the sentence!

Thanks for the video. Haha yes courtship period is always nicer.

31 minutes ago, Tofu said:

but they also said if you're vaccinated you don't have to wear one too.

This is so not true. The Delta variant is so contagious that even if with vaccination, a person could still get it easily. Mask wearing is such an easy preventive measure. Now when masks are easily available, it's the best time to buy. There are some good quality ones going for S$5 per box of 50, and even $2.50! I have been stocking up because it seems masks will be worn for some time.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 6

@Tofu Your cousin can make some new online friends, like us! 😉

I've sore arm too and subsided after 1.5 days. I hear the second dose is the one that will make people feel under the weather. Fingers crossed. I manage to schedule 2nd dose on a weekend so I've at least one day to rest. My boss took a day on the second day instead so worse come to worse I will be knocked out on Monday (self proclaimed annual leave that day)... lol. 

Westerners love their freedom. We have people here protesting about wearing mask too. I don't like it either but it is now mandatory and necessary to prevent infections so I think that's not too much to ask of us to abide the law. Plus if we are good, this will be lifted (which we have until another outbreak happens).

@Chocolate We are no where near on giving out booster. Now the aim is vaccinating everyone first especially NSW. Moderna has been provisionally approved here but reported only to be available as booster.

@Tofu what about US on booster? Have you gotten yours because you were vaccinated much earlier than us.

• Like 6

@Chocolate @mademoiselle @Tofu ayeeea.. Have same thinking too about the makeup, celeb cloth, and colors of skin tone portrayed in YAMG. I've been questioning that in general too haha XD I prefer more Korean style for it..

For expensive style close to recent, I can't get over Ko Moonyoung in IOTNBO & Yoon Seri in CLOY

Spoiler

73326dd9c4747bad75d154b5c142a4ecfe9ed286

Spoiler

crash_c.png

for simple style, I find Hong Seol in Cheese In The Trap outfit is really great, even tho the hair is something which can make you like it or hate it

Spoiler

c410bb023483ee19e969046ca451cbbe.jpg

do you have favorite style outfit drama character anyway? That would be nice preference, I just like to see it blends to the character

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

8 hours ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle @TRaNz Have you started vaccinations there? Not that being vaccinated should allow you to host large gathering. I think it's just better to be safe. That's pretty disappointing and no wonder everyone is so upset!! I hope @TRaNz all your favorite fast foods are within 5km of you. :laugh:

Yeah Vaccinations have started, just depending on which brand you take there isnt any stock and I think age groups have almost reached all ages...well not 16 or under yet unless special circumstance.

I probably should get around to getting a shot, but im a bit unsure. LOL. I hate the fact that theres different brands, makes it harder to choose.

8 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Looks like 16-39 age group can soon get Pfizer too by end of August.

Is PFizer the preferred one out of the 2 or 3?

I still dont know. Like i didnt want to get one tbh. LOL, didnt trust any of them, but lately it seems like I should or else ill die? LMFAO, tis how the media plays it out  ahahaha

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, TRaNz said:

I still dont know. Like i didnt want to get one tbh. LOL, didnt trust any of them, but lately it seems like I should or else ill die? LMFAO, tis how the media plays it out  ahahaha

honestly me too, but it seems like I should take it or I couldn't be flexible in living the future so I just take it light and ok jab me soon LOL are we entering dystopian world from this pandemic LOL hahahahahahaha

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

9 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Mask wearing is such an easy preventive measure. Now when masks are easily available, it's the best time to buy. There are some good quality ones going for S$5 per box of 50, and even $2.50! I have been stocking up because it seems masks will be worn for some time.

I know! Masks are so inexpensive. I have a plastic bin filled with disposable ones and also another bin with reuseable masks. I have them in all different types of design and size too. My sister thought I went a little overboard but you can never be prepare enough. 

@mademoiselle Haha! I think he's even too shy to make friends online. His best friend is his nephew (they are four years apart -- my aunt had my cousin when she was in her 50s). 

My first dose was actually worse than my second dose. I was very fatigue after the first one but it was really hard to tell at the time. I was working extra hours that week so I'm not sure if the fatigue was from the vaccine or if I was just exhausted from being overworked. For the second dose, I was completely fine. I ran errands and had a lot of energy the next day. I found that moving my arms often after the vaccine helped the soreness go away quicker. 

The booster shot here is still in discussion but they are thinking we can get it 8 months after our second dose. If that's approved, I'll be able to get my booster in November because my second dose was in March. 

@TRaNz It's best to do the research so you know what you're getting yourself into. I got Moderna and have been fine. =) Like @abs-oluteM mentioned before, some protection is better than none. :idk:

1 hour ago, bairama said:

do you have favorite style outfit drama character anyway? That would be nice preference, I just like to see it blends to the character

Kang Mal Wol -- IU's character in Hotel Del Luna.

tumblr_pvhrosMNW81vj9tigo1_r5_540.gifv

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3