Havenites Dabang

@ktcjdrama I enjoyed Rattan but the male lead went through a lot of abuse. He's always getting kidnapped or beaten up in some way. Haha! It was a lot of painful moments and then a happy ending for the couple. A warning about Rattan is that because of the intricate backstory behind Si Teng's history and the villain, it does get confusing at times. If you're watching the episodes on YoYo's YT channel (they have English subs), there are people who have provided explanation which made things easier to understand. Everything about this drama is visually pleasing too. Plus, the couple is super adorable and did lots of promotions when this drama was airing. Zhang Binbin (male lead) used his real voice while Jing Tian's (female lead) voice was dubbed. 

Spoiler

Both of them singing the OST for the drama.

Spoiler

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2
5 minutes ago, ssteph said:

You may want to see this :

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4671289791613608

Foods cooked by Min Young 😋

Hhhhoommmgggg :SquirtleWonderfull::SquirtleNiceAhah::love:

MinYoungieeeee .... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I cant read the weibo website so I dont have an account. LOL

I follow her youtube (doesnt seem to upload often) but here and there she shows her cooking skills, but didnt realize there was this much..... :duckhearts:

I just checked that new drama shes supposed to be in, its also got Girls Day - Yura too. aaayyyyyyyyyyyy

SK...hope they dont make him look like a douche with another pathetic tattoo on him. HAHAHA

Yoon Park is aight , I dont mind him, seen him in a few other dramas.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

3 hours ago, Tofu said:

A warning about Rattan is that because of the intricate backstory behind Si Teng's history and the villain, it does get confusing at times.

Pssst... I started last night...

I was waiting and waiting for Devil Judge to drop the episode but there was nothing so I started. 

It’s quite interesting. Just had to endure the first half of episode one with the special effects CGI stuff of the car wreck that’s a bit hard to watch, and then it’s all a smooth watch. I noticed too that ML is real voice and FL dubbed. I wonder why. Dubbed voices is actually one of the reasons why it’s hard for me to get into C-drama. I understand some people have accents and may not have the best pronunciation, but I think the actors should then train themselves in this aspects. 
O, another thing I dislike is the sound editing. The BGM is often too loud that I cannot hear their conversation properly. I had to adjust the volume so many times while watching. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 6
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

2 hours ago, TRaNz said:

I just checked that new drama shes supposed to be in, its also got Girls Day - Yura too. aaayyyyyyyyyyyy

SK...hope they dont make him look like a douche with another pathetic tattoo on him. HAHAHA

Yoon Park is aight , I dont mind him, seen him in a few other dramas.

LOL @TRaNz ... think Song Kang's next drama style is the below:

E9X5IhSVgAYIYXa?format=jpg&name=large

Did he pass? LOLLLL

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
11 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

LOL @TRaNz ... think Song Kang's next drama style is the below:

Did he pass? LOLLLL

Too early for me to make the call. I'll make that call once I see a few trailers and the first episode. hahahahahaha :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

Congratulations @Lynne and @movingwheelfor the promotion :Party01:

Hey @Janeis logging back! welcome welcome~ maybe you can start by visiting the events thread in celebrating Janghaven 1st anniversary? There are lots of foods, cakes and games to play :)

Happy anniversary to JangHaven~ Stay safe and healthy everyone~

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 7

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

56 minutes ago, LaLa said:

Hey @Janeis logging back! welcome welcome~ maybe you can start by visiting the events thread in celebrating Janghaven 1st anniversary? There are lots of foods, cakes and games to play :)

Hi Lala! My appointment today got cancelled so I have a few hours to come by and chit chat. I have all the anniversary threads open now and going through them slowly!

How have you been? How many dramas are you watching? I have Hospital Playlist, You Are My Spring (Ep 5) and Witch's Diner (Ep 1), but I am only able to keep up with HP2 :CubShy:

25 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Eh hey there! How about eating cakes with us for a starter lols? 

Okay I will, I love cakes!

Edited by Jane
  • Like 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 2

47 minutes ago, Jane said:

How have you been? How many dramas are you watching? I have Hospital Playlist, You Are My Spring (Ep 5) and Witch's Diner (Ep 1), but I am only able to keep up with HP2

The one that I really follow is Hospital Playlist 2. I would always work hard at the office so that I can clear most of my Thursday and go home as soon as I can to catch the live stream. :D 

I tried watching Police Unniversity (partly because of @SilverMoonTea too) and currently on ep 3. There's another weekend drama that I still follow but I'm just waiting for it to be finished actually. So not really up to date with the latest episodes.

I'm looking forward to Hometown Cha Cha Cha. Dimple festival by dimple couple. I hope Lee Sang Yi won't need to have unnecessary heart break as triangle love and let the man get his own love line! The stories with the grannies on the village will be fun for sure. It will warm our hearts.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

20 minutes ago, LaLa said:

The one that I really follow is Hospital Playlist 2. I would always work hard at the office so that I can clear most of my Thursday and go home as soon as I can to catch the live stream. :D 

Oh gosh, you catch the live stream? I wait for the Netflix drop and with the long runtime, I have to wait wait wait now. Haha!

21 minutes ago, LaLa said:

I'm looking forward to Hometown Cha Cha Cha. Dimple festival by dimple couple. I hope Lee Sang Yi won't need to have unnecessary heart break as triangle love and let the man get his own love line! The stories with the grannies on the village will be fun for sure. It will warm our hearts

I hope so too! Lee Sang Yi is one of my new oppas this year (need to go to the thread after this) and I want him to be happy in his drama!

• Like 7
  • Heart Eyes 1

23 minutes ago, Jane said:

Oh gosh, you catch the live stream? I wait for the Netflix drop and with the long runtime, I have to wait wait wait now. Haha!

I tried. Hoping for the remaining 3 episodes I can still catch the live stream without any problems. And yes with how the latest 2 episodes last for more than 100 minutes, it certainly makes the waiting period for the sub become longer. @im0202felt to the temptations of spoilers last Thursday hahaha

25 minutes ago, Jane said:

I hope so too! Lee Sang Yi is one of my new oppas this year (need to go to the thread after this) and I want him to be happy in his drama!

Oh oh do you watch his latest project in MSG wannabe? When it's still in the elimination project, among many others singers I immediately recognized his voice because of his latest drama Once Again. He sang one of the OST and he's so funny in there! 

I watched the drama alone (?) and has no friends to spazz other than myself in twitter hahaha. Occasionally tried to make @abs-oluteM watch but she didn't want to watch long dramas after her latest. @stroppysedid encourage me to write a review of it even though I don't think I did well because I'm itching to write so many spoilers in it hahaha. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

1 minute ago, LaLa said:

I watched the drama alone (?) and has no friends to spazz other than myself in twitter hahaha. Occasionally tried to make @abs-oluteM watch but she didn't want to watch long dramas after her latest. @stroppysedid encourage me to write a review of it even though I don't think I did well because I'm itching to write so many spoilers in it hahaha. 

After Beautiful Love Wonderful Life , I couldn't do another 50 eps drama in spite of having Lee Sang Yeob there as a main draw. It really is a commitment. Ooo I didn't know that @Jane likes Lee Sang Yi. I love his character in Youth of May. I just hope they won't over do the love triangle on Hometown Ch Cha Cha. This time Mr Dimple has to please get the girl. LOL!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

16 minutes ago, LaLa said:

I tried. Hoping for the remaining 3 episodes I can still catch the live stream without any problems. And yes with how the latest 2 episodes last for more than 100 minutes, it certainly makes the waiting period for the sub become longer. @im0202felt to the temptations of spoilers last Thursday hahaha

I usually stop going on twitter after 6pm haha! But I am usually too busy at work to check anyway so except for the first episode, I managed not to encounter spoilers!

17 minutes ago, LaLa said:

Oh oh do you watch his latest project in MSG wannabe?

Yes I did watch MSG Wannabe! I managed to marathon all the episodes and watched the finale after it just came out on Viu! I was super lucky to discover them just in time! I didn't know Lee Sang Yi could sing before the show. I sort of vaguely recall his face from people posting about Once Again and later I realised I watched him in Camellias.

12 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Ooo I didn't know that @Jane likes Lee Sang Yi. I love his character in Youth of May. I just hope they won't over do the love triangle on Hometown Ch Cha Cha. This time Mr Dimple has to please get the girl. LOL!

Yes, it's a very recent love :D Is Youth of May good, he looks yummy there!

• Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 1

1 hour ago, Dhakra said:

@abs-oluteM So I wanted to add some dramas to MDL and realized that there is a page for Taxi Driver 2 in 2022. Did I somehow missed or already forgot that they are doing a second season next year?

Is there? I know there were talks but nothing is officially confirmed. MDL sometimes will open threads even when there is no announcement. But I do think the drama has a high chance of doing S2

• Like 5

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Is there? I know there were talks but nothing is officially confirmed. MDL sometime will open threads even when there is no announcement. But I do think the drama has a high chance of doing S2

So I stumbled upon the mydrama list page of Taxi Driver 2 and did a little research. 

And according to different sites, yes, Studio S, who did the drama confirmed there will be a second season. 

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/121118/20210706/hit-kdrama-taxi-driver-lee-je-hoon-confirmed-season-2.htm

It's already in the planning and will be aired in 2022.

Do you know what that means? We get A WHOLE SEASON with Kang Ha Na as part of Team Rainbow. AMAZING!

Edit: Just watched the last episode of Taxi Driver again. I had goosebumps knowing that there will be a second season. The end was made so perfectly to create a sequel.

Edited by Dhakra
  • Like 3
  • Party! 3
10 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

O, another thing I dislike is the sound editing. The BGM is often too loud that I cannot hear their conversation properly. I had to adjust the volume so many times while watching. 

As crazy as the drama looked, it was considered a low-budget production compared to the other ones. I was in it for the chemistry between both leads. I hope they act together again in future projects. I absolutely loved them together. 

@Jane @LaLa Both of you like Lee Sang Yi too?! I'm conflicted with Hometown Chachacha because I'm happy Kim Seon Ho will get the girl but that means Lee Sang Yi won't again. I like both of them very much. Lee Sang Yi was and still is a musical actor. Will post this video of his dance to Lala Land because it's still one of my favorite (spoiler tag).

Also, did we have a Once Again drama thread here? I would have joined you because I watched parts of it when it was airing and finished it after it was done airing. It's the last weekend series I watched. I'm waiting for A Gentlemen and a Young Lady to air. 

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
8 minutes ago, Tofu said:

As crazy as the drama looked, it was considered a low-budget production compared to the other ones. I was in it for the chemistry between both leads. I hope they act together again in future projects. I absolutely loved them together.

I love the drama! I cannot stop watching today. Finished ep.15 already :pandaheadstomp: The places they went for filming are gorgeous. I actually don't think it's a low-budget production, but definitely not high budget. Besides the car wreck, the other CGI was great. I like the main female character, so classy and elegant the way she carries herself. The story is very intriguing too. Still not loving the audio mixing and editing. BGM really gets too loud that it drowned the voices. Yes, I too love the chemistry between the leads.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love