Hometown ChaChaCha 갯마을 차차차 [2021]

5 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

By the way, which rumour do you guys think is true. I'm leaning towards the one the guy said at the end. Someone died and Doo Shik was at a psychiatric hospital or something for treatment.

Oohh I didn't put much thought on this until you mentioned it. Maybe it's already implied that it this is closest to be true since DS was already revealed to be getting some kind of therapy? The rumors are just blown-up/exaggerated. Who knows, maybe all of them are true to some extent. 😄

3 hours ago, Tofu said:

Can these two just continue to be friends? There's no need to make one of them a second lead. 

Yes! 😄 Their dynamic is actually pretty interesting. They're showing us that those two are on pretty much level ground. They have a lot of things in common yet also have contrasting opinions on some things which shows they're on par intellectually.

In most shows I've seen, there's a clear difference between the love interests, be it personality, status, age/maturity, or a mix of those. Here, it's less defined for me (so far at least). Main difference that I can see is the 'perceived' level of success they have. 

• Like 8
  • Clapping Hands 2

Oh, what happens to Chief Hong? The bloody hands in his dream must be the thing that happened to him before. And it is also the reason why a good quality spec like him prefer coming back to his hometown. I hope it is something else other than terminal illness trope. 

Drunken HJ is just so hillarious. Seeing DS's disbelief expressions are the best part of this episode. Dimple couple is sailing :duckhearts:

• Like 10

A quick translation of this clip that @mademoiselle posted. Thanks.

HJ: Your teeth seem pretty clean. You don’t have anything that is especially uncomfortable, do you?
DS: There is.
HJ: Where?
DS: The relationship between us right now. (looks at HJ) Is it because of the kiss that night?
(HJ starts coughing)
DS: See that? See that? Look at your coughing.

Cute. So, DS does know why HJ is acting strange around him, walks in for a dental check up without an appointment, and then cuts to the chase as soon as he can. I hope he doesn't make some stupid statement that the kiss was meaningless or something like that.

Btw, does the pacing of the scenes and the story overall of this drama seem a bit off-pace? As much as I like the chemistry between HJ and DS, and some of the other villagers, there are some deadly boring parts. It leaves me wondering if they actually had enough of a story to fill 16 episodes. Just feel that this drama would be a lot tighter and possibly better to watch if they shortened the episode count or the episode run times.

Btw, the husband guy seems to be a bit of a jerk, plus it seems as if he's the one who asked for the divorce. I don't see why his ex-wife still has feelings for the jerk.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

Did you all realize that Hye Jin is using Du Shik arm as her pillow when she slept beside him? :smug:

I think after her drunken antics and drank some more ginseng wine, she finally passed out and because he himself was pretty drunk too, he let her sleep in his house. He let her to have the bed, while he slept on the floor. Didn't know what happened that Hye Jin ended up sleeping beside him on the floor. But when Du Shik woke up from his nightmare and saw her sleeping figure beside him, he smiled a little and carefully moved the pillow under her head while he moved his arm away.. :MewGiggle:

I think Granny Gam Ri might have known more or less about what happened to Du Shik between that 5 years. She might not know about the details, but from her short comment to the other 2 grannies, 'At least Du Shik now stay with us' it might be a hint that she knew what happened. Among other villagers, Du Shik is very close to Gam Ri after all. Granny Suk Ja commented that Du Shik looked different when he went back for the first time in 5 years, something really bad must have happened that shaken up Du Shik. We'll know once we get the full story of his nightmare.

Like @Tofusaid in the previous page, I really hope there's no triangle love between Du Shik, Hye Jin and Sung Hyun. By introducing Sung Hyun late into the party, I think the writer didn't have intention for making him as a love hurdle between ShikHye couple? He might still have the lingering crush he had with Hye Jin, but I think btoh Du Shik and Hye Jin are pretty much in love with each other but just didn't want to admit it openly yet.. :brb:

• Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

I haven't seen the latest ep yet since I have some catching up to do tonight...but is Hong Du Sik's mysterious past that he was working at Sandbox for 5 years??? :laugh: 

This is the 'spoilers' I'm seeing on Twitter at the moment

• Haha 9

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Cute. So, DS does know why HJ is acting strange around him, walks in for a dental check up without an appointment, and then cuts to the chase as soon as he can. I hope he doesn't make some stupid statement that the kiss was meaningless or something like that

Hopefully he won't. I guess he is quite straight forward. 

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Just feel that this drama would be a lot tighter and possibly better to watch if they shortened the episode count or the episode run times.

No, dont shorten it. I still love to see them more. Lols. I guess they will prolong the story with several problems like the triangle love between the divorce couple with their son's new homeroom teacher. Then the camera guy probably will become DS's rival. Well whatever is that. They're still have a lot to tell.

1 hour ago, LaLa said:

Did you all realize that Hye Jin is using Du Shik arm as her pillow when she slept beside him? 

Yeah, I see that! Love it! 

1 hour ago, LaLa said:

He let her to have the bed, while he slept on the floor. Didn't know what happened that Hye Jin ended up sleeping beside him on the floor. But when Du Shik woke up from his nightmare and saw her sleeping figure beside him, he smiled a little and carefully moved the pillow under her head while he moved his arm away.. :MewGiggle:

This what I've imagined too. I wish they could make the epilogue include this too. Do you think this is only his gesture of kindness to people that he claimed to JH when she asked him wether he liked her? :heart:

1 hour ago, LaLa said:

By introducing Sung Hyun late into the party, I think the writer didn't have intention for making him as a love hurdle between ShikHye couple

He will be DS's reason to aknowledge his feelings. Looking from the camera guy was present in HJ's flashback before I think the writer thinks to maie him as his rival or at least making him feeling jealous.

@JenL I was thinking the same!! lols. It's why he becomes very clever at math as well. Lols

• Like 6
  • Haha 3
4 hours ago, LaLa said:

Did you all realize that Hye Jin is using Du Shik arm as her pillow when she slept beside him? 

Yes! Saw that, and thought it was cute. Also saw that the bed wasn't being used with both DS and HJ sleeping on the floor. I think you're right that DS probably put HJ in the bed, but she came down to the floor at some point to sleep next to DS.

4 hours ago, LaLa said:

By introducing Sung Hyun late into the party, I think the writer didn't have intention for making him as a love hurdle between ShikHye couple? He might still have the lingering crush he had with Hye Jin, but I think btoh Du Shik and Hye Jin are pretty much in love with each other but just didn't want to admit it openly yet.. 

I agree that it probably won't be a serious loveline, but probably more a way of getting DS to become a bit jealous and become more open about his feelings for her?

The tone of this drama has been more towards comedy plus a tourism CF, so I'm not expecting anything too deep or too lasting a problem.

3 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

No, dont shorten it. I still love to see them more. Lols. I guess they will prolong the story with several problems like the triangle love between the divorce couple with their son's new homeroom teacher. Then the camera guy probably will become DS's rival. Well whatever is that. They're still have a lot to tell.

I think they should have a lot of story to tell as well, but that's why I'm questioning the pacing of this drama, and whether the writer actually has a lot written, or whether they needed to create a bunch of fillers.

HJ and DS interactions are cute, for the most part, but there are a number of scenes which get dragged out, like the whole gossip scene at the beginning of this last episode which kept on for way too long. Not to mention, DS taking pictures of the village sequence. It's a pretty village, but it's not really that pertinent to the story other than that DS and the camera guy have a conversation about their respective cameras, but they spent quite a bit of time having DS wander around taking pictures of his village without even telling us whether the pictures were his hobby or being taken for a purpose.

3 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

This what I've imagined too. I wish they could make the epilogue include this too. Do you think this is only his gesture of kindness to people that he claimed to JH when she asked him wether he liked her?

:laugh: Not sure why DS is in so much denial over his liking HJ, but we'll probably see why in some future episodes.

• Like 9
1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Not sure why DS is in so much denial over his liking HJ, but we'll probably see why in some future episodes.

I guess the camera guy will sober him up. Lols. 

Hope it won't las long @abs-oluteM we will get his dental check scene tonight right?? I guess they would back together again. HJ is kind of a bit impulsive one, act and then she will learn what she did wrong and will fix it. 

• Like 8

I'm getting a bit tired of the mystery of DS now, and especially why he's friend-zoning HJ so much. It's about time for some clues, no? Especially, if the drama insists on not progressing their feelings for each other at all, and making it DS' fault for denying but still wanting HJ to be close to him? I think I'm seriously on the verge of rooting for the SML.

At the very least, having SH around will perhaps knock some sense into DS about how he feels and what he wants.

It's actually kind of funny that my feelings towards DS and HJ have swapped around. Yes, HJ was a city snob type, but she's been trying to become part of the village now that she's living there. DS is the one who keeps himself so mysterious to everyone, including the villagers who knew him as a child.

Seeing HJ fangirl for DOS was also cute. I think that's perhaps just the charm of SMA though?

• Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 3
11 hours ago, ssteph said:

What is the third mystery in Gongjin? 🤔

Why Dr. Yoon Hye Jin came to Gongjin and opened her clinic? 🤔😆

One of the things that got me laughed out loud was when Yeo Hwa Jeong left the group chat. The English subs wasn’t there in Netflix, but when they were gossiping about DS and the “new” girl and said the two seems to be heading to Hwa Jeong restaurant then “Reporter Yeo, we expect an update” next was Yeo Hwa Jeong left the group 🤣

About the photo that DS was looking at, I knew there’ll be a mystery surrounding it since it was intentionally not showing the guy’s face. I thought at first that it’s DS’s father but the speculation that it could be DS himself is so valid though! Especially considering that he was thinking of Oh Yoon’s suggestion to date Hye Jin  so he will have someone to share his burdens with, and he was also thinking about Hye Jin as he reached home. So the girl in the photo must be someone he has shared his burdens with. Speculating further then, the girl could be from a rich family who look upon status and success, which have then become meaningless for DS since those cannot guarantee happiness as he experienced the loss himself...?? 

Anyone else loving the ombre umbrella of Hye Jin? I love it! And will totally buy it if ever I come across one... When you can’t decide between soft pink or baby blue umbrella, just get the ombre version! 😍

And oh look, it’s another holey vest, or sweater? 😂 Those watching Police University will know. It must be the new trend now. Taking over the giant stripe sweaters? 🤣

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@mademoiselle Thank you! :heart: 

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

It's about time for some clues, no? Especially, if the drama insists on not progressing their feelings for each other at all, and making it DS' fault for denying but still wanting HJ to be close to him?

Haha! I feel the same way because I'm a bit impatient too. I would like a clue here and there, but it's been really hush hush soooooo....I watched a bit of the movie this drama is based on. Maybe we're overthinking it a bit, because in the movie it's actually pretty simple -- putting it in spoiler tag:

Spoiler

His parents both passed away when he was really young in a car accident. He went to live in an orphanage until he met the grandpa. He was adopted by the grandpa who raised him with the help of everyone in the town. The grandpa passed away from a heart attack. The years he was away was still unexplained by the end of the movie. He fears loving people because anyone that he loves ends up leaving him (e.g. his parents and grandpa). That's why he put his boat on the top of the hill because it can't sail away if it's not on water. 

In HCCC, the scene of his nightmare, he's in a dark room by himself with no way out -- almost like it was depicting the loneliness he feels. The bloody hands could be from his dad who died in the car accident (if the drama is also following the same storyline as the movie). And then, picture in episode 6, could just be a family photo of him and his parents before they passed away. DS might have developed PTSD from all the trauma he's gone through which is probably why he's seeing a psychiatrist. 

By the way, the movie had time jumps where both leads had little contact with each other. I'm hoping that is not the case in the drama. 

@Warm Paws @LaLa I hope they continue their friendship even if the drama does make Lee Sangyi the second lead. I like seeing both of them talk about similar interest. 

@ktcjdrama I asked my little sister why torn clothes and clothes with holes are so popular. She told me it gives it 'character'. I have no idea what that means but let's not have another bold stripe sweater trend with these. :laugh:

• Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 3
On 9/12/2021 at 1:12 AM, stroppyse said:

Thanks for participating in the Dimples Event! Points have been distributed so that you all can buy the new Dimples badges in the Member Shop. :CharmanderYay:

If you don't have enough points, just hit up one of the JH points chaebols around ( @SilverMoonTea @Tofu @NiteWalker @abs-oluteM) ! Happy Shopping!

**ahem**

we really should look for the thread owner you know @stroppyse

• Haha 7

Today's episode is really fun for me. Well, I am glad everytime I think I would get bored they comes with fun stories again in this episodes too.

Spoiler

Watching the singing competion makes me feel like I'm watching talent show or some sort of it. It is really entertaining to see how those contestants are showing their talents. Lols. They're no doubt very confident! I got a good laugh while watching them. But the part of the trio are on stage, gosh.... it's so embarassing to see. :laugh: I was expecting something cool happens when HJ said they must be on first place. But thanks to this, they both back on good terms again. 

My heart goes with JR's dad, being a single dad isn't an easy job. I can feel how bad he must feel knowing a single praise from unknown guy could make his daughter listens well. Lols, the oppa power is really something else. No wonder there's a saying that a father won't see any guy is better for his daughter. Tho, it makes JR realize that without that unnecessary braces she's good.

The epilogue, I thought it would be the camera guy, it's not!! Oooh, it means he likes her since then?? 

• Like 8

I was wondering wether all those busy body have no other jobs than spying hong banjang. Lols. 

I remember to ask this now, is DS's in that boat up the hill? I mean the place where HJ visits with her gifts last time is like gamri haelmoni's house, isn't it? R they living in the same house or their house is just too similar for me too differentiate. Or she only comes to cook for him or wash his clothes?? Eeeh, the cooking is fine but he won't allow him to wash right. I mean the scene haelmoni was washing her clothes when he came to persuade her to have tooth implant. 

P.S. look at my badge collections, full handsome oppas and gege, 😂 I'm quite content. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
9 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Anyone else loving the ombre umbrella of Hye Jin? I love it! And will totally buy it if ever I come across one... When you can’t decide between soft pink or baby blue umbrella, just get the ombre version!

The colour palette of her umbrella and the scene where they played in the rain totally reminded me of the rainbow paddle pop ice-cream! Love those pastel colours :wow:

@stroppyse Agreed I want DS’s past to be revealed soon too, they are indeed dragging it out.

But the story here is pretty simple. I guess the content plot-wise is not that much that’s why they have to reveal stuff like that slowly else there’s not much left to do for the remaining 10 episodes! The chemistry between the two leads is what’s keeping me watching. The ending with the three leads had me LOL. Did not expect that!😂

• Like 7
  • Clapping Hands 1