Havenites Dabang

7 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

heard KFC's coffee taste better than McD? I like McD coffee, but has yet taste KFC. 

As a connoisseur of fast food coffee (LOL!), I’d admit that McD coffee taste better than most of the other place’s coffee. I even like it over Starbucks. I hate Starbucks coffee. :niu:

• Haha 6
9 hours ago, Jane said:

@Dhakra I finally heard Rose's song! It didn't really stick my mind but I am glad she finally has a solo to her name.

It's really not a song that sticks in your head or make you sing along. Whenever it comes up in my playlist though, I appreciate the message of the song and begin to think a little. I am really happy she has a song to her name aswell. It really fits her. 

I don't know about you, but for me the song felt a little like a good bye. When I listened to it the first time, I had the feeling the song was about her wanting to end her career and settle down.

• Like 3

Question to @TRaNz

KFC vs Korean Fried Chicken

Which do you prefer?

Gami vs Nene Chicken

Which is better?

Or fried chicken from Korean restaurants are better?

I've tried Gami and Nene but didn't like it as much (and also because I can't take spicy). But I tried honey soy or something from a Korean restaurant, it was YUM.

Other than Korean and KFC, I reckon Taiwanese makes good fried chicken too, with basil. :SquirtleNiceAhah: Used to eat a lot of Taiwanese fried popcorn chicken and fried chicken fillet.

28d2a7f728c3fdd0.jpg

@abs-oluteM or those who had been to Korea, give us some names for good Korean Fried Chicken next time I visit South Korea.

@Chocolate Does Singapore not have good Korean Fried Chicken?

@SilverMoonTea I think with coffee, you cannot have it at McCafe or Starbuck. You'll need to visit the local coffee shop/cafe for the really good ones. That's what I was told! The local said the chained ones are meh.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Tasty 3
19 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

whaaattt...heated jacket :shocked2: i do love the sound of it...but i bet that kind of jacket is gonna be pretty heavy..and will we be carrying cable charged with electricity of some sort in our body then?? 

From what I’ve seen, you have to charge it and there’s insulators built into the jacket that retain heat? Not really sure how it works but it does sound lovely especially in the dead of winter. 

@SilverMoonTea KFC here doesn’t sell coffee either. Seems strange to sell coffee with fried chicken?

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

4 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@TofuMe too, Starbucks coffee is overrated. Too sweet! But when I was a student in uni, it felt so luxurious to drink this 😅

I only drink the ice blended from Starbucks, Gloria Jeans or Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. But wow, I haven't had anything from these 3 chains for at least 4-5 years!

P.S. Starbucks isn't doing very well where I am. LOL. Can't compete with the cafes' coffee here.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Awesome 2
35 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Question to @TRaNz

KFC vs Korean Fried Chicken

Which do you prefer?

Gami vs Nene Chicken

Which is better?

Or fried chicken from Korean restaurants are better?

I've tried Gami and Nene but didn't like it as much (and also because I can't take spicy). But I tried honey soy or something from a Korean restaurant, it was YUM.

Other than Korean and KFC, I reckon Taiwanese makes good fried chicken too, with basil. :SquirtleNiceAhah: Used to eat a lot of Taiwanese fried popcorn chicken and fried chicken fillet.

dammm.... this is a tricky one.

So for me... i like both KFC and Korean fried chicken. They are both on the same level for me. That being said I havent tried heaps of Korean fried chicken places out yet.

Gami and Neni are the same to me, just depends when I eat out there whos playing better kpop. LOL

To be honest, I hear (havent been) that the great ones are in the city such as, Pelicana and ABC.

OK Chicken I go to for lunch (pre-covid) and is nice, but doesnt wow me. Like i mentioned earlier, fried chicken for KFC and Korean fried chicken is about the same. Im more flexible when it comes to fried chicken. hahaha

I tried Hot Star fried chicken, that outlet always next to Gongcha....didnt like their fried chicken at all....haha

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 4

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

6 hours ago, Dhakra said:

I don't know about you, but for me the song felt a little like a good bye. When I listened to it the first time, I had the feeling the song was about her wanting to end her career and settle down.

Hmm I am not as in tune to BP and Rose in general so I didn't get the feeling. But I hope this isn't the end for her. I feel like her potential hasn't been tapped properly.

5 hours ago, TRaNz said:

I tried Hot Star fried chicken, that outlet always next to Gongcha....didnt like their fried chicken at all....haha

Isn't this Taiwanese? If it is, it's not my favourite too.

@Tofu@SilverMoonTea@mademoiselle I am not sure what your Subways are like, but they have my favourite fast-food coffee of everyone. They get it from a coffee brand, Puro Coffee. And it's cheap, only $2. CC @Chocolatefor info.

Edited by Jane
  • Like 6
  • Insightful 1

@mademoiselleI cannot remember the one I tried in Jeju. It wasn't a big chain , and we chanced upon it walking around. I checked my IG and I didn't tag the place . I just remember everything was in Korean, and we had to use google translate to look up the menu.

But the other one that is also popular is Kyochon , which I think is every where. Back home here , it is my go to fried chicken place

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

@Jane Hahaha Subway. Ever since kdramas overdosed me with Subway, I refused to buy Subway here. I only went with Dad if he wants to go (and he was disappointed after learning the one we went didn't allow him to refill his Coca Cola :laugh:).

@abs-oluteM Oh yeah I think I have seen Kyochon's PPL on kdramas. There's also BBQ (or K-BBQ), I think, the one that TKEM PPL because LMH endorsed it.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Jane said:

Hmm I am not as in tune to BP and Rose in general so I didn't get the feeling. But I hope this isn't the end for her. I feel like her potential hasn't been tapped properly.

I am neither aswell, but based on the lyrics and the song it felt to me like she was saying she's done. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 2
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@Jane Hahaha Subway. Ever since kdramas overdosed me with Subway, I refused to buy Subway here. I only went with Dad if he wants to go (and he was disappointed after learning the one we went didn't allow him to refill his Coca Cola

I am susceptible to food PPL, it always make me want to eat one. Hahahaha! Do they usually let you refill? It doesn't in SG. 

All this talk of fried chicken is making me very hungry! I am not choosy so I kind of just walk into any chicken store in Korea. Haha!

7 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

I am neither aswell, but based on the lyrics and the song it felt to me like she was saying she's done.

That's really sad :(

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Jane said:

Isn't this Taiwanese? If it is, it's not my favourite too.

Yep it is, someone mentioned Taiwanese Fried Chicken somewhere so i brought it into convo hahaha.

@mademoiselle put yourself to the test.....late at nite after 10pm....make sure you've already had dinner earlier.

Go on youtube and watch food related videos from food travels/tours to cooking videos.....LOL

• Haha 5

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

2 minutes ago, TRaNz said:

@mademoiselle put yourself to the test.....late at nite after 10pm....make sure you've already had dinner earlier.

Go on youtube and watch food related videos from food travels/tours to cooking videos.....LOL

Whaaa? Why? What am I testing? Endurance?

Actually I've done it before. I'd lie in my bed and then watch YouTube, save recipes and the lot. This morning I laid in bed watching Youn's Stay.

• Haha 5
4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Whaaa? Why? What am I testing? Endurance?

Actually I've done it before. I'd lie in my bed and then watch YouTube, save recipes and the lot. This morning I laid in bed watching Youn's Stay.

How well you fight the temptation to go out and find food late at nite. LOL. :laugh:

More than half of the time I will be able to fight it and just keep watching then go to bed hungry.

Other times i crumble and end up going McDonalds after midnite coz since there is nothing open that late here that would be similar to what i watch on Youtube thats food related, I go for next closest thing to satisfy me. HAHAHA

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

18 hours ago, Jane said:

I am not sure what your Subways are like, but they have my favourite fast-food coffee of everyone. They get it from a coffee brand, Puro Coffee.

Good to know. I barely go to Subways but I have a feeling our Subways in the USA does not serve the same brand of coffee. :letalQQ:

9 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Where's @mirmz by the way?

I'm not sure but I miss our maknae. :cry:

• Like 6
10 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@Jane @mademoiselle the one PPL food  I wanna try is the egg drop sandwiches in Hospital Playlist.

Oh yes, I'm interested in that one coz it reminds me of Issac Toast (love Issac Toast!)

8 hours ago, TRaNz said:

How well you fight the temptation to go out and find food late at nite. LOL.

More than half of the time I will be able to fight it and just keep watching then go to bed hungry.

Other times i crumble and end up going McDonalds after midnite coz since there is nothing open that late here that would be similar to what i watch on Youtube thats food related, I go for next closest thing to satisfy me. HAHAHA

In that case, I win against the temptation because to step out of the house, drive the car out to find food is not an option for me. Lazy wins over hungry stomach. I'd just starve or eat some snacks (I keep dips & crackers at home), or instant noodles or just drink some Milo and go to bed. :brb: Plus it isn't the same. If I watch a food clip, I want that food. McD won't satisfy that desire, LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

@Jane hahahhaa..no you are right..i'm hardly around dabang anymore coz i ve just been so busy with study and drama watching:lol: i still do post on drama threads but i think we are not watching the same dramas currently :cry:

@Mouse ok..i sleep with electric blanket on...dont mind that..but i'm not so sure about wearing heated jacket :laugh: so scared of being electrocuted 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Awesome 1

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

In that case, I win against the temptation because to step out of the house, drive the car out to find food is not an option for me. Lazy wins over hungry stomach. I'd just starve or eat some snacks (I keep dips & crackers at home), or instant noodles or just drink some Milo and go to bed. :brb: Plus it isn't the same. If I watch a food clip, I want that food. McD won't satisfy that desire, LOL

:lol: this is so me! Sometimes I’m already in bed and I feel hungry but I’m too lazy to go get food so I just go to sleep hungry. And if I crave something I saw from a food clip, I also want that food and it’s not the same if I were to get something else. Thank goodness for delivery. I don’t know how I’d survive if it wasn’t an option. 

• Haha 5

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump