Havenites Dabang

1 minute ago, wallflowersforjane said:

Mulan is opening in theatres in Singapore too. Our cinemas are limited to 50 pax so I may consider watching. I really want to see it on the big screen. Maybe take a vacation day (since I have so many 😕) and watch it at an unpopular hour.

That would be great, to watch at a time when there are few moviegoers! 😎

I actually went as far as to check if I should reserve seats. The new seats layout won't do for the kids though coz each seats are too far apart. Since school also starts this month end, that means only on crowded weekends we can watch. We could have gone if infection rate remained down, but it's rising...So pass for the meantime. 😔 Hope the streaming or DVD of Mulan won't take too long.

• Like 9
  • Shocked 1
  • Party! 1

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

8 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I actually went as far as to check if I should reserve seats. The new seats layout won't do for the kids though coz each seats are too far apart.

That's true! I thought maybe they would make concessions for families to sit together.

Will the kids be going to school or online still, with infections rising?

• Like 11

@MayanEcho I don't see Mulan being listed in Malaysian cinemas yet. Right now the so called hot drama is Train to Busan - Peninsula.

Anyone watched that one yet?

@lifeisfullofdrama whoopeeeee...you are here ...honestly I miss all our rice cooker gang. 

So how's everyone's submission for the event? By the way @Chocolate, your spreadsheet is super awesome. Anyway you guys cracked me up with the clue hunting and the anwers. Gosh, i think I may have gotten a lot wrong...cries ....

• Like 12
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

1 hour ago, wallflowersforjane said:

Will the kids be going to school or online still, with infections rising?

There are two options here, pure online and blended. Alternate one week in school then the next week online to adhere to social distancing requirements. We chose the 2nd option.

After almost 6mo of being indoors and only 5 times out ever since, the kids are eager to be in school. They thrived with pure online lessons, but we too feel that they need some kind of actual social interaction with other children, even with social distancing.

If the infections really spike in the next weeks, I'm pretty certain it would be another lockdown and/or curfew for weeks or months like before.

• Like 11

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

Hi everyone ! Just to let everyone know about the update on our Joseon Jives section most importantly on marking our thread's title depending on their status. 

Upcoming shows/films with confirmed premiere/release date : [Year] Drama/Movie Title- Date of premiere

Upcoming shows/films without confirmed release date: [Pending] Drama/Movie Title

Currently airing dramas- [Year] Drama- Episode Number covered for the week

Concluded dramas/films : [Year] Drama Title

Tagging our current fantastic thread starters 🥰 @wallflowersforjane @UnniSara @Chocolate @SnowBlob @Darkarcana @mademoisellesia

Thank you !

• Like 5
  • Insightful 3
  • Awesome 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

I'm hoping that the local drive-in movie theater will show Mulan. Even if it's on Disney+ already, I would like to see it on a big screen. Especially since I don't have a tv, so I would be watching it on my laptop which has a much smaller screen than a movie theater screen. From the teasers, it seems that there was quite a lot of care done with the cinematography including some sweeping scenery shots. Anyway, it should be good! 

15 minutes ago, TRaNz said:

Honestly....I now get super excited to get in the car and drive 2km to the supermarket to buy groceries....

#traveling #travelstagram #holiday #vacation

I know what you mean. Highlight of my week. Though if I get to the store and see too many people, I get a bit freaked out. Too many people still not taking masks or social distancing seriously.

• Like 8
  • Haha 5
  • Party! 1

@bluepebbles Thank you for the notification. Mine is fixed. 😊

Hi everyone, as requested, I've created a thread for foodies and there @Thong Thin runs another for recipes (baking, cooking & anything). Please feel free to browse and share your experience! Oh, don't forget to drool~~

Come visit & share your yummy food experience!

Recipes - baking and more! Please share your cooking/baking stories - success or failure.

Edited by mademoisellesia
  • Like 5
  • Awesome 2
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 5
17 hours ago, wallflowersforjane said:

So totally jealous of you! I was hoping Cursed Child would make its way to Asia soon in 2020/2021 since we usually get the Australian touring productions over here. The story's not great but its the effects I really want to see!

Hope it makes it over to Asia one day!! If you don't mind me asking, are you based in one of those popular Asian cities, somewhere like Sg or Hk? I think it could make it over there. We just have to believe it'll happen one day!

3 hours ago, wallflowersforjane said:

@MayanEcho @Tofu Mulan is opening in theatres in Singapore too. Our cinemas are limited to 50 pax so I may consider watching. I really want to see it on the big screen. Maybe take a vacation day (since I have so many 😕) and watch it at an unpopular hour.

Welcome @lifeisfullofdrama ! All the random conversations you missed can be found here. 😂

Haha I see this answers my question!

Wow kind jelly there are still cinemas open in some places! I've been wfh for 5 months now and I've literally only been going to the grocery store and buying snacks for fun 😂 But I have caught up on a lot of dramas I missed when I was not super committed to the drama world for the past 2 years or so.

@abs-oluteM I really want to see Peninsula - was a big fan of Train to Busan and got to watch it for a film festival at work. Hopefully they show it here when all this is over otherwise hoping I can stream it somewhere.

Edited by JenL
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

28 minutes ago, JenL said:

Hope it makes it over to Asia one day!! If you don't mind me asking, are you based in one of those popular Asian cities, somewhere like Sg or Hk? I think it could make it over there. We just have to believe it'll happen one day!

Yep, I am from Singapore. We generally get the Melbourne or Sydney productions. Yes, I am sure it will make it here eventually. The Hamilton production too!

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

4 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@lifeisfullofdrama whoopeeeee...you are here ...honestly I miss all our rice cooker gang.

Yees, I miss it too!

However, I am quite surprise with your current DP!! Didn't know that you also like Siwon. He was (why am i using past tense?! LOL) my first crush oppa! I even had cried 3 times in a day after the confirmation that he cancelled to come to the concert that I already bought the ticket. TMI!! LOL! 😁

Many friends talk about watching movies -- well, the situation in my country are still very bad and cinemas are still closed. So when I heard that here has karaoke session - it makes me very excited!! 🤩

• Like 7
  • Haha 6
3 minutes ago, lifeisfullofdrama said:

Didn't know that you also like Siwon.

yes i love the man...he's so hawt....but my admiration of him comes from having seen him in some dramas, not so much because of SJ. So I have adopted him as my mascot or whatever you call it even for my pervy club 🤗

Spoiler

19KM.gif

1 hour ago, JenL said:

@abs-oluteM I really want to see Peninsula - was a big fan of Train to Busan and got to watch it for a film festival at work. Hopefully they show it here when all this is over otherwise hoping I can stream it somewhere.

I thought of catching it in  the cinema , but I am still iffy about going to one having not gone for close to half a year . I liked the 1st one too....let me know how you find this one.

• Like 10
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

2 hours ago, bluepebbles said:

Tagging our current fantastic thread starters 🥰 @wallflowersforjane @UnniSara @Chocolate @SnowBlob @Darkarcana @mademoisellesia

Thank you !

Done! 

51 minutes ago, lifeisfullofdrama said:

So when I heard that here has karaoke session - it makes me very excited!! 🤩

Yes! We do it on the Discord in the Karaoke channel! It's fun! 

• Like 8
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 2

So looking forward to Mulan too!

@stroppyse i agree watching it in the big screen will be awesome! Too bad atm we won't be able to go to cinema anytime soon. So i welcome their decisions to air it through disneyplus for now. 

Hello @sugarplum892 @lifeisfullofdrama and @JenL 🙂 I'm gonna be shameless and say...would you want to have a go at Guess the staff trivia event? 😁 It's a lot of fun although beware you might end up like @im0202 ..she had to start at her computer screen for an hour LOL!

@bluepebbles I think I'm done too..just need to put [pending] right?

• Like 10
  • Haha 5

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

26 minutes ago, LaLa said:

We have new logo 😍

Yes we do ... much credit goes to @eggcellent and @bairama for all their hardwork with the aesthetics of our forums . They always have to deal with so many of our requests 😄 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Good morning all,

I think my Monday blues have carried forward to Tuesday too, so joining the other side of the world, let's blue blue together 🐟.

Don't think we'll have any chance with going out or risk a cinema trip any time soon so I will just have to wait for Mulan DVD.

@eggcellent

@bairama

Thank you graphic team! Are you two also graphic designers in real life or heading down that career path?

• Like 7
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

ooh but not all about aesthetic forum decision is on us.. Heheheh we just do submissions & let things go to be picked/not by the upper, the final decision is not on us

anyway thank you eonniee @abs-oluteM

@mademoisellesia aww thank you dear. I did join an art & music club before and made work in the digital art team for promotions of school/uni events🙂

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

Hi @stroppyse 

Apologies I am doing it here. I tried to report a bug (I guess it is a bug) on the bug report section but it encountered an error and would not let me access the post after refresh. The post then disappeared. Therefore, please allow me to report it here. A big empty space appear when you click on "Change Preferences" under Manage Followed Content - happens to both PC and mobile (Firefox & Chrome). 

Spoiler

Capture.png

For the dark theme, some icons are low in visibility/legibility. The spoiler icon is not visible at all.

Spoiler

Capture1.jpg

Edited by mademoisellesia
  • Like 8
On 8/23/2020 at 7:35 AM, mademoisellesia said:

For the Potterhead thread, it is decided that we will wait for the Club feature to be available and create one there. Currently the Havenites interested, excluding myself, are:

Hide contents

1. Tofu

2. Wallflowersforjane

3. OsmanthusTea

4. La La

5. ssteph

6. Phikyl

Please 🙋‍♀️ if you are interested so that when it is opened, you'll be notified with tagging.

Also interested! 

& hi all ❤️

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 2

49f2f11cfa7777a807cdf154590f1d61.jpg