The Sword & The Brocade 锦心似玉 2021

28 minutes ago, Olivia Kate said:

Chemistry matters to me and I really love it when the paired actors have this invisible burning desire for each other. To be able to show and make the viewers feel that kind of connection on screen is a talent and sadly not all actors can do it but fortunately the leads here are capable of it. I also hope to see more scenes of them together, not necessarily sweet ones because even a banter scene seems like a foreplay anyway.

I mostly FF the concubines scenes, too, I just don't have the energy for them. 

totally...their chemistry together is very subtle and even though whether they are frustrated with each other or try to understand each other seems so good too....

i love it when they tried to outplay each other too.....

**ahem*....i join u and @abs-oluteM in FF thru most of the concubines scenes too :x hehehehe

:cool:

24 minutes ago, AwkwarDerp said:

We're watching episode 10 and everytime i see LianFang’s smirk, I can’t stand her

oh i love it when she got the dress down from LingYi too hahaha.....i felt like jumping whenever that happen **ahem**

3 minutes ago, SnT said:

Some of her crying is so fake till it is comical. My eyes balls are turning white with rolling haha... 

i hate it when i have to listen her how she tried to repent for her action by praying to the Goddess of Mercy....that is so so so so so so so so soooooooooooooooooooooo FAKE!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
38 minutes ago, AwkwarDerp said:

We're watching episode 10 and everytime i see LianFang’s smirk, I can’t stand her

Mee tooo....feel like want to punch her in the face..

15 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

i hate it when i have to listen her how she tried to repent for her action by praying to the Goddess of Mercy....that is so so so so so so so so soooooooooooooooooooooo FAKE!

Urghhhhh......I HATE HER SO MUCH!:mad:

Ohhh...that madam xu ...:shocked::mad:

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

Well this drama is definitely interesting so far....cause at the very first they didnt make ShiYi docile or quiet....i like her way of handling things so far....

I love a female lead who's kind, intelligent, and wise. And it's a treat when the actor playing it can show those traits on the screen. 

9 hours ago, AwkwarDerp said:

My theory on Yuanniang's death: I believe her death has a lot to do with her mother in law "Xu Madame" judging from the look, it doesn't look like her mother in law likes her very much. Concubine Wen would definitely not the one to do so because I believe she's doesn't care about anything to do that. Sadly, I have to eliminate LianFang as she came way later.....OR unless she has some insider doing it for her. I have my bet on the mother in law because when Yuanniang was sick, she was already rushed to discuss marriage and LianFang was ready to be the main wife, why else would she be pissed to be downgraded to be a concubine (especially when Yuanniang was still alive, so that mean she already have the idea of taking Yuanniang's spot) 

That warning to SY by YN is odd and I hope that they'll shed light on it later on.

1 hour ago, Yana said:

That concubine Qiao basically live her life doing schemes to make the man she obsessed with become hating her more and more....stupidddd...

She is a first class concubine given her background but she's just a first class 'beach' to me. 

50 minutes ago, AwkwarDerp said:

I have to give credit to the actor for playing LF well. She is really irritating.

Edited by Olivia Kate
  • Like 4
11 minutes ago, Olivia Kate said:

She is a first class concubine given her background but she's just a first class 'beach' to me.

also for her to be ended up as a concubine it was actually beneath her status....with her status from her own family bg as the first daughter of the first madame, she suppose to end up as a first lady, however from some manipulation of YuanNiang hahaha i guess we all knows why she will date all the Luo family so much.....

and now they transfer the hate to ShiYi **urgh**.....

yes she is definitely the top of the class for what you call her hahaha....

• Like 4

Actually I'm quite amused with Concubine Qiao. She have this overwhelming love for LingYi. I think its suffocating him. 

And the background story actually she already admiring him since small girl? Don't you think in modern era she can be those sasaeng ? 🤣

The moment she played song in the garden. And he came with spirit " I want to take care my concubine ", but in the end he's not interested with her, and promised he will visit her more often. But that night he didn't come and just pass the musical book. I have to say this scene, soo satisfying? 😁

Like Shiyi said, why this Concubine Qiao also not favored by LingYi? I think it's just pure LY is not so amused by her... haha... As simple as that. I'm not sure if he seen her scheming way or not. He seems did try hard in the garden scene to give her more attention. But he just seems can't lasting long doing that 😅

I think my life during pandemic indeed so boring, this concubine stuff really amusing to me... Of course my main reason to watch this, I like the tsundere marquis slowly starting fall in love with his new wife. My fav scene 🥰 The arrogant marquis... what do you do??....😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

3 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I think my life during pandemic indeed so boring, this concubine stuff really amusing to me... Of course my main reason to watch this, I like the tsundere marquis slowly starting fall in love with his new wife. My fav scene 🥰 The arrogant marquis... what do you do??....😆

hahaha totally i love how she ignore him totally for talking ill of the dead....

she was angry with him for drawing conclusion however i guess he must have love YuanNiang at a certain lvl or maybe held certain affection for her till she started asking for more and more.....and ShiYi was there when YuanNiang scheme against LianFang after all which indirectly involved him as being the one to deliver the blow too....

• Like 3
Just now, NiteWalker said:

she was angry with him for drawing conclusion however i guess he must have love YuanNiang at a certain lvl or maybe held certain affection for her till she started asking for more and more.....

This question is also interesting for me. How much he love YuanNiang? From what I've seen, he seems to be just taking responsibility of her? 

The day he first arrived at home, he straight go home to palace for work. Just when mother ask him why you're not visiting your sick wife, then only he go. 

On her deathbed he also said perhaps it was his mistake he left her for so long to battle. And when she died, I felt he's not that much into grieving. Surely he already prepared and know. But I felt this not the man in love's tears. Not sure if we will ever get some insight into his feeling to YuanNiang in later episodes? 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

The day he first arrived at home, he straight go home to palace for work. Just when mother ask him why you're not visiting your sick wife, then only he go.

actually i saw that he was anxious to go to YuanNiang instead, however he was also hesitating as he forgo the promotion that he knew YuanNiang will want him desperately to take....

in an underlines in between him and YuanNiang i saw there were once some affection in between them, however with more women in the house as forced by Madame Xu, YuanNiang start scheming after she had a miscarriage after being pregnant the 2nd times which also causes her body to decline too

YuanNiang scheming and also hunger for more actually the main reason that drove LingYi further away from her sides.....

14 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

On her deathbed he also said perhaps it was his mistake he left her for so long to battle. And when she died, I felt he's not that much into grieving. Surely he already prepared and know. But I felt this not the man in love's tears. Not sure if we will ever get some insight into his feeling to YuanNiang in later episodes? 

i think he felt relief at a certain lvl for her death cause definitely YuanNiang is using her illness as a tool against LingYi to get what she wants to ensure her son position in the house....

luckily Madame Xu does care for JunGe at certain lvl, i hate to think or even watch further if that Madame Xu will even hate the kid for not being borne by the girl she chooses for LingYi instead.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

I think it was mentioned in one of the episode that he n yuanninang used to live amicably which translate in those era as respectful, in peace n some level of affection. Lingyi is a man of propriety n duty. So no way he will mistreat any of his wives. He definitely give yuanninang the respect she was entitled as a main wife.. But over the years she is more n more concern about her son n family security n position esp yuge by concunine wen seems like a intelligent n good boy. N she mysteriously miscarry that cause her incurable illness. Si she got more scheming n demanding maybe. So I don think any man modern or bygones era like to know his wife actually married him to secure their position, wealth or anything other than a true liking n concern and love for who they are. 

Yuanninang started quarrelling again after he refuse another title from majesty. Because she wants her hubby to take a few titles so that even if the highest go to her son n rest other one can be given to yuge so that they can be pacified n not create trouble for her chun ge in the future. She even want a powerful marriage for chunge n he is only 5 maybe. When lingyi chose the daughter of the less powerful brother of the said family, she was so unhappy. 

A marriage that drift apart due to different perspective n goals in life. Really a case of irreconcilable difference. That reconcile in her death. Sigh. He was not a happy man family wise up to ep 12 even. But he is starting to be riled up, amused n in many cases tiuched by shiyi. As u can see he is drawn to her by ep 14 d. Its like a man cold for so long being drawn to a warm fireplace. I bet their romance will also be calm n slow for a while to go. 

Does anyone admire how they actors n actresses esp the ml n fl are so straight when they stand or sit. Really love their postures in the drama. So proper n straight. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Actually I'm quite amused with Concubine Qiao. She have this overwhelming love for LingYi. I think its suffocating him. 

And the background story actually she already admiring him since small girl? Don't you think in modern era she can be those sasaeng ? 🤣

Yes really sasaeng . Every drama needs a villain & she makes a very good one . Funny thing is all her elaborate plan & schemes always get foiled by ShiYi. I laugh hard each time. 

@NiteWalker I watch till eps 13 until 2am. So addictive. I would hv continued if I didn’t have to work 

@SnT I agree with you that Ling Yi has opened his heart to her . He’s intrigued because she’s not fighting for position, wealth nor even his heart. There’s a clear difference in the way he treats her .  A number of times he’s broken protocol & gone against his mother’s wishes by standing up for her. .  I don’t mind the slow burn for now , though I would appreciate more scenes of them together 

• Haha 4

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

Jin Xin Si Yu Appreciation Event

So in love with this drama that is causing so much buzz and excitement, we're throwing an appreciation event! :hearties:

Are you watching? Want to share your thoughts and observations with us? Or curious about what is going on and have questions?

During the event, which starts with this post, each post will gather 10 points per post to be awarded at the end of the event! You may win enough points to purchase the Jin Xin Si Yu badge which will be available for sale in the Members Shop soon, or another badge of your choice!

Please note that posts within 10 minutes of each other without a post by another member in between will be merged, so please do not try post a number of separate posts in quick succession.

The event ends on Saturday, March 6. Looking forward to reading your posts!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Party! 4
29 minutes ago, Yana said:

:smug:he said her embroider plain yet you still take and wear it and dont let it get wet:smug:

he is pending for more affection from ShiYi, thats for sure!!! hahahhaa he just want it....u know how long he need to wait to get that shoe!!! no way he want to soil it so fast **ahem**

42 minutes ago, Yana said:

Awwwww...she's giving him pair of shoe!!!:heart:

just look at his smiles!! its so telling....

58 minutes ago, AwkwarDerp said:

I’m finally caught up to 14. I find it extremely funny how Lianfang thinks she’s so smart and good at acting nice but in reality? Everyone knows she’s scheming, they’re just letting her off multiple times. 

**slap** slap***

:pandaheadstomp: this is how i feel like doing to her everytimes i see her on screen!!! however to be honest she is make it so good that we are all hating her....kudos to the actress to be honest.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Everytime hubby leaves town Concubine Qiao is scheming to get rid of Main Wife Shi YiNiang. She wanted to go to the temple again. Why ??? The temple again, she has no shame . 
This was memorable because giphy.gif?cid=5e21488678befa2958f4eaf568

Her maid looks worried instead of happy??? What is she up to Next??

After being discarded twice by hubby, she decides to scheme again instead of staying still smh  

giphy.gif?cid=5e21488678befa2958f4eaf568

LiYing only cares that she is hurting his mom 

Spoiler

giphy.gif?cid=5e21488678befa2958f4eaf568

giphy.gif?cid=5e21488676d20d40a9be888a92

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Ep 10

The peony brocade really petty case :laugh:And tbh the brocade not even that stunning tbh lols.

So, this drama even involving the maid's concubine to (literally) pull hair of each others :psweatduck:

Love how LingYi just told her off with asking about 5 poisons. 

My favourite scene, the tsundere marquis seems so free now, got time to pick flower? :smile:

20210302-184935.jpg

Cr. Xiaotoumings

Question

No love rival for marquis ? I think the guy with white clothing who save her in water also will have crush on her? Want to see him jealous lols. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2