2nd Anniversary - Favorite Character

stroppyse

Favorite Character  :pandalove:

Who has been your favorite drama character(s) of this past year? Please share your thoughts on the following:

1. Favorite lead character - What did you like about him/her? Did you like the drama that the character was in, or were they far too good for that drama?

2. Favorite supporting character - What did you like about the character? Did you think that she/he was better than a lead character?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Star Struck 1
  • Party! 6

I feel like if I pick anyone other than Ling Buyi everyone will think I'm lying. :lmao2:

I might have to think about this some more. I can't even remember what other drama I watched besides Love Like the Galaxy and recently, Love Between Fairy and Devil (plus Poong). :psweatduck:

• Like 2
  • Haha 9
  • Awesome 3

1. Fav Lead Character : Kang Jae - Lost played by Ryu Jun Yeol 

I think this character deserved some recognition, as he able to make me fork out some money to buy merchandise 😅

Why I like him ? 

• There is character progress 

• He have major hairstyle change, which both I love the before and after 😅

• He have job that deemed unsuitable in society, I kind of envy him for being able to refute normalcy of societal pressure. 

• He didn't judge the FL character whose perhaps sort of being considered as failure in life.

• His witty sarcastic humour, in his nonchalant demeanor actually he's pretty observant and passionate. Totally my spirit animal ! 

2. Fav Supporting Character

Idk if 2nd ML considered as supporting role or not? But here you go, BIH in My Roommate is A Gumiho. This scene so iconic! 

I also appreciate this guy in Attorney Woo, but not sure many years down the road will I still remember him or not. 

kang-ki-young.jpg

Calling @LaLa@ktcjdrama@OsmanthusTea@40somethingahjumma@JenL@Alice Wonderland@Chocolate@IpohBanana

• Like 5
  • Haha 5
  • Clapping Hands 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

2 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

@NiteWalker

Both Lusi and WuLei are great in LLTG. They challenge themselves in different roles and refused to be typecast which is I really appreciate. Lusi shows different set of herself and WuLei is showing his maturity step by step into acting.

exactly...1 minute Lusi was checky, 1min she was full of herself...1min she was the mini mouse....its almost like she pull all the tricks she has in this drama itself...

Well WuLei was always a great actor....and he show he had matured his acting into another level 

:smile:

• Like 10
1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

1. Fav Lead Character : Kang Jae - Lost played by Ryu Jun Yeol 

I think this character deserved some recognition, as he able to make me fork out some money to buy merchandise 😅

Why I like him ? 

• There is character progress 

• He have major hairstyle change, which both I love the before and after 😅

• He have job that deemed unsuitable in society, I kind of envy him for being able to refute normalcy of societal pressure. 

• He didn't judge the FL character whose perhaps sort of being considered as failure in life.

• His witty sarcastic humour, in his nonchalant demeanor actually he's pretty observant and passionate. Totally my spirit animal ! 

I'm beginning to think his occupation in the drama is

Spoiler

Gigolo 🤣

Back later.

• Haha 11

I am struggling here to choose between Ling Zisheng aka Ling Buyi and Lee Jun-ho (Extraordinary Attorney Woo) but I'll probably have to go with Ling Buyi because a man who has absolutely no shame in wearing duck feathers over his armour as he heads off to war deserves all the love in the world.

Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 6.51.25 pm

• Haha 9

Currently Watching: Joy of LIfe 2, The Auditors

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

My favorite lead character for this past year is probably Mr. Gu of 'My Liberation Notes'. He is such a flawed character and has such a complicated story in this slice-of-life drama. Much like Yeom Mi Jung, I was intrigued by Mr. Gu, even when I knew hardly anything about him. Even when we meet him as a taciturn labor assistant, there was something in his eyes as well as the way he was shot that conveyed that there was something more going on with him.

'My Liberation Notes' definitely grew on me as I kept watching episode after episode. I complained a LOT about the pacing in the early episodes, and was on the verge of dropping it after almost every episode, but it ended up being a satisfying watch, and a lot of it, for me, had to do with getting to know Mr. Gu better. I enjoyed the romance with Mr. Gu and YMJ, but he was the most compelling character for me in this drama. And, Mr. Gu is the one I thought about long after the drama was finished as well.

My favorite supporting character for this past year may be Jang Myung Seok in 'Extraordinary Lawyer Woo'. His character has been the most surprising one for me in this drama in that he conveys the usual reservations about working with a challenged person but then once on his team, he is able to acknowledge her contributions and even have her back. He has the moral ethics of a lawyer which has him doing work for clients who he may not agree with, however, it is a moral code that he abides by rather than trading it off for this reason or that.

• Like 2
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 6

I have watched a lot of Drama this year but only Remairrage & Desires, All of us are Dead, Hellbound & Juvenile Justice  was memorable.

Kim Hye Sook/Sim Eun-Sook - I love this character because she started off as someone who saw the world in Black and white since the loss of her child. I think she also lost faith in the Justice system. As the drama continues, stays firm in her faith but also want to help both the victim and youth offender. 

Supporting actor - - > Ham Sung-Min/ Han Gyeong Su from All of us are dead. He was special because he was a sweet guy who was bullied by the rich girl. Then when rich girl tainted his cut and turned him into a Zombie. He didn’t believe but once he realizes he could hurt his friend, he tried to leave but the virus was working really fast didn’t give him the time to leave on his own. His best friend had to thrown him out of the window. All the kids was devastated except for Lee Na Yeon ( the bully) 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

I almost mistake this thread as the sub-thread for Love Like Galaxy...:lmao2: Look at the number of posts above about the drama... Hahahaa... I promise I will watch that drama at least until ep.4 tonight, and stop by the thread. Yes! I now have more free time to catch up on all my drama-watching.... woohooooo....

Give me more time to decide on who my fave lead and supporting cast is.

• Haha 5
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Ji Sung would be the actor that made the biggest impact in the last year. I find older actors have more gravitas. (Although Wu Lei is not bad.... 🤣 That Ling Buyi character is just so swooony!)

Photos] New Stills Added for the Korean Drama 'The Devil Judge' @ HanCinema

Supporting actor, I felt pain the way he was killed 😭

Ok Taecyeon Net Worth 2021: This is How the 'Vincenzo' Star Made his  Millions | KDramaStars

A momentary madness because... 🤣

Spoiler

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

I almost mistake this thread as the sub-thread for Love Like Galaxy... Look at the number of posts above about the drama... Hahahaa... I promise I will watch that drama at least until ep.4 tonight, and stop by the thread. Yes! I now have more free time to catch up on all my drama-watching.... woohooooo....

If you feel iffy after the first few chapters, just know the good stuff comes later.

• Haha 7
  • Star Struck 1

@ktcjdrama The whole forum is camping at LLTG thread till I almost felt bad that the rest of the threads are less visited. So I made sure to watch the kdramas first so that I have something to write. :laugh:

@mademoiselle Don't telll me yours is also LBY? I am still shock that Rowoon is currently on hiatus from your profile pics! 

I am torn but in kdrama land , there were 2 characters in 2022  that I love for very different reasons. One is of course my current obsession Lee Jun Ho , played by Kang Tae Oh. JH's kindness, empathy and thoughtfulness is such a big draw for me. I love grey characters in drama watching but I do find it refreshing to have  a ML who doesn't come with a trauma or some sort of sad backstory. He is what the FL, Young Woo needs. I love that from the start to the end , his affections & respect for her have been consistent. He sees her as a woman. And not a woman that needs to be pitied because of her being on the spectrum. For me KTO = JH.  Of course it helps that KTO also looks hot like this :

Spoiler

FaUqB3zagAAj9ha?format=jpg&name=large

Like @stroppysethe other character that tugged at my heartstrings is SSK's Mr Gu in My Liberation Notes. I still vote MLN as my favorite drama for 2022 as the conversations and the things that the characters went through resonates very much with me. Mr Gu and the drama, along with their struggles, spoke to me in what has been an  emotionally difficult season in my personal life. Mr Gu's character was the complete opposite of Jun Ho in EAW. While Jun Ho is pretty much "perfect", Mr Gu was a work-in-progress. SSK was so amazing playing a character that barely said a word in the 1st few episodes of the show but  you can just see the pain in his eyes. And again, it helps that SSK looks this hot too!

Spoiler

Fag0JJzagAAN2JD?format=jpg&name=large

My favorite supporting character - I can't really think of one that stood out. There were plenty of wonderful supporting characters so it is hard to narrow down to one. 

@Mizv @Min86 @twink_twink_ @LaLa@movingwheel@Lynne @Darkarcana @katakwasabi @Yana @ssteph@Mouse @peperomia @bai  come share your faves. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Miss Night & Day Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

48 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Ji Sung would be the actor that made the biggest impact in the last year. I find older actors have more gravitas. (Although Wu Lei is not bad.... 🤣 That Ling Buyi character is just so swooony!)

I just and MUST quote this, for record purposes! :lmao2:

30 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselle Don't telll me yours is also LBY? I am still shock that Rowoon is currently on hiatus from your profile pics! 

:eeeee: Ahahahaha, I know I haven't said anything in this thread. I am having difficulty "deciding" on fave character and supporting character(s) so I was actually thinking of not saying anything.

P.S. Rowoon will make a return soon enough :smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I promise I will watch that drama at least until ep.4 tonight

It starts slow so give it until episode 6-7. The initial complaints for this drama at the beginning was that Wu Lei barely had any screen time. 

@mademoiselle was telling me I needed to check out the thread. I asked her if @Chocolate put down Wu Lei. I come here and there is it!! Wu Lei is mentioned from Choco. :lmao2::lmao2:

Honestly, I'm just so happy that everyone is loving Wu Lei. He's absolutely my favorite in Chinese dramaland. I really thought @abs-oluteM was going to be the only person I can talk to about how amazing he is. :cry:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Awesome 1
7 minutes ago, Tofu said:
3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

It starts slow so give it until episode 6-7. The initial complaints for this drama at the beginning was that Wu Lei barely had any screen time.

It does. I have finished ep.4. If not for all the hype, I really wouldn’t have continued on. My gripe is that the OTP are barely together except for very briefly in ep.1. 

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

The whole forum is camping at LLTG thread till I almost felt bad that the rest of the threads are less visited.

LOL... not just that, the whole forum is infiltrated by LLTG as well, hahahaaa

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@abs-oluteM Okay, here it is. The winner of Fave Character for this past year is... *drumrolls*

LLTG-106.gif

Awesome gif by @Tofu

Ling Bu Yi / Ling Zi Sheng

by

Wu Lei

No surprise here! :laugh:

In my defense, I did try to find another character since everyone has already picked Ling Bu Yi but he's just that outstanding! :idk:

No other characters in the past year was as complex, layered and made such a strong impression as Ling Bu Yi. I wasn't just impressed by the drama version Ling Bu Yi portrayed by Wu Lei but also the novel version. Ling Bu Yi's being an anti-hero/dark is exactly what makes him alluring and compelling character. Him only having eyes for one woman and started to change and become more alive because of this woman is also another archille of mine. :heart:

Inasmuch as both Wu Lei and I fear Ling Bu Yi, this scary character's intelligence and manipulative "chess-playing" acts makes him one hell out of an interesting and super impressive awesome character in a story. Everything, his flaws and good, were very interesting as a reader/viewer. Obviously, Wu Lei did an amazing job portraying him too. Quoting @Chocolate's words, Ling Bu Yi is just so swoooony. :lmao2:

P.S. I'm so not doing justice with describing why Ling Bu Yi is the best/fave character thus far in this past year.

Supporting characters

Emperor Wen - he's hilarious when it comes to everything about Zi Sheng. I just wish the drama would show him being as intelligent and as manipulative as Zi Sheng, since he is Zi Sheng's master in chess-playing.

Consort Yue - I've never liked a concubine this much. Hahahaha! She is super spunky and fearless in standing up to those silly people in court.

FaltQqcXgAAnWJR?format=jpg&name=mediumFaltbIwWIAAS7hI?format=jpg&name=large

Brothers Liang Qiu Qi and Liang Qiu Fei - they are like the stooges beside the cold Ling Bu Yi. One being super serious and the other super cute and talkative. The huge contrast makes them really cute and fun to watch.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 4
  • Party! 1
4 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

What a surprise!!! 🤣

I think I misread the instructions. I thought it was favourite lead actor and supporting actor. I may need to change my entry...

Hahahahaha I must admit everyone mentioned actor's name in the thread so I was thinking are you guys talking about best actor or fave character in the past year. LOL.

Don't take out your "Ling Bu Yi" bit, thank you! :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3