Havenites Dabang

Do y’all have any dramas be it kdramas or Cdramas that involves this few categories:

- Family

- Protagonist (ML) is blood related from the main family in the story

- Protagonist doesn’t want to affiliate himself with the family at first, but he did it anyways.

- Family conflict, Protagonist uses his way to get to the top 

- Corruption (optional)

- Protagonist actually have a sort of good talking relationship with his family members (optional)

Tell me please~ I’m craving for these recently haha

@NiteWalker @stroppyse @abs-oluteM @Alice Wonderland @bluepebbles @bairama @Chocolate @im0202@Jane @katakwasabi @LaLa @mademoiselle@MayanEcho @Phikyl @SilverMoonTea @Tofu @40somethingahjumma ...now I know my abc next time won’t you sing with me. Okay got the names 😂 

• Haha 12

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

“A romantic who likes flowers.”

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

Just now, Darkarcana said:

Do y’all have any dramas be it kdramas or Cdramas that involves this few categories:

- Family

- Protagonist doesn’t want to affiliate himself with the family at first, but he did it anyways.

- Corruption (optional)

- Protagonist actually have a sort of good talking relationship with his family members (optional)

@NiteWalker @stroppyse @abs-oluteM @Alice Wonderland @bluepebbles @bairama @im0202@Jane @katakwasabi @LaLa @mademoiselle@MayanEcho @Phikyl @SilverMoonTea @Tofu ...now I know my abc next time won’t you sing with me. Okay got the names 😂 

This sounds Super makjang . all the weekend dramas & dailies will be like this ! 
:Ghastlel:

• Haha 6

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

11 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

This sounds Super makjang . all the weekend dramas & dailies will be like this ! 
:Ghastlel:

I mean..I need a name:letalQQ: Hmmm...really like those...Oh I’m the son of that rich family then when those other rich kids bully people. He steps in and punches the guy and later on that rich kid realises that the guy who punch his face is the son of that family household that shouldn’t be disturbed. Just love the idea! :duckhearts:

ohhhhh *insert dirty face* that power though hahaha

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 6

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

@Darkarcana - I'll need some time to think about this because most of the time the rich kid in dramas are spoiled and wouldn't stand up for anyone else. Haha! Also, agreed with @abs-oluteM that it sounds super makjang. :laugh: I'm going to tag @stroppyse again because I know she watches dailies and weekend dramas. She might know a few to recommend.

@NiteWalker - Why yes, I remembered Toey not doing well with crying scenes too. I'm glad to hear she has improved! I haven't watched a Thai lakorn in soooo long. I wouldn't know where to start anymore. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
35 minutes ago, Darkarcana said:

- Family

- Corruption (optional)

@NiteWalker @stroppyse @abs-oluteM @Alice Wonderland @bluepebbles @bairama @Chocolate @im0202@Jane @katakwasabi @LaLa @mademoiselle@MayanEcho @Phikyl @SilverMoonTea @Tofu ...now I know my abc next time won’t you sing with me. Okay got the names 😂 

I'm not familiar with k-dramas. But if you don't mind trying HK dramas, this series was one of the last good ones before all the actors and writers disappeared from HK. Critically acclaimed and commercially successful. HK's top actors.

It's about family and how the mum tries to protect all her children and family. There's scheming by family members and relatives/friends. Watching the baddies become good or get their comeuppance was so fulfilling.

The best part was this was one of the few productions which used the ensemble reveal technique - every few episodes, there will be a like a family gathering/shouting match where the mother will reveal the plots of the baddies - so good!

1. Heart of Greed

950561-0-q80.jpg

2. Moonlight Resonance (sequel of sorts)

TopBanner_MoonlightResonance.jpg

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 5
  • Insightful 3
  • Tasty 1
13 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@NiteWalker - Why yes, I remembered Toey not doing well with crying scenes too. I'm glad to hear she has improved! I haven't watched a Thai lakorn in soooo long. I wouldn't know where to start anymore. 

she is pretty good here.....in the latest one...

i know she always sometimes play a cutish girl most of the times lols

• Like 7
7 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

I'm not familiar with k-dramas. But if you don't mind trying HK dramas, this series was one of the last good ones before all the actors and writers disappeared from HK. Critically acclaimed and commercially successful.

i have to agree on this....i always like how HK Dramas goes about family plots, they are pretty good....

@Darkarcanau can try MingLan if i'm not wrong they are bout families, love and scheming too

4 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@DarkarcanaHow about a salesman that climbing into conglomerate family by fake marriage? And later the girl family start attacking him? 

just knew u were going to recommend that

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
31 minutes ago, Darkarcana said:

I mean..I need a name:letalQQ: Hmmm...really like those...Oh I’m the son of that rich family then when those other rich kids bully people. He steps in and punches the guy and later on that rich kid realises that the guy who punch his face is the son of that family household that shouldn’t be disturbed. Just love the idea! :duckhearts:

ohhhhh *insert dirty face* that power though hahaha

Got to also ask @UnniSara & @Nohamahmoud2002   Maybe can check out The Heirs /Inheritors 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

56 minutes ago, Darkarcana said:

- Family

- Corruption (optional)

@NiteWalker @stroppyse @abs-oluteM @Alice Wonderland @bluepebbles @bairama @Chocolate @im0202@Jane @katakwasabi @LaLa @mademoiselle@MayanEcho @Phikyl @SilverMoonTea @Tofu @40somethingahjumma ...now I know my abc next time won’t you sing with me. Okay got the names 😂 

@Darkarcana I wonder are you looking for a daily or short drama series that involves these categories

• Like 6
  • Tasty 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

1 hour ago, Darkarcana said:

- Family

- Corruption (optional)

Are you looking for one single drama that contains all these elements or are you looking for any drama that contains one or more of the following items?

If it's the former... you've come to the wrong person... My apologies. I have a strong aversion to these sorts of dramas. I break out into hives just thinking about these.

But years ago I did watch my first and only 50 something episode makjang called Jang Bo Ri is Here. It fits most of your criteria. I only watched it for Kim Ji-hoon. But it's classic makjang. It had everything in it including amnesia, mistaken identity and kidnapping. The things people get up to in this beggars belief. 

Actually, I tell a lie... there is a very good makjang that runs pretty close to what you've asked for... It's the wonderful Money Flower.  Still on Netflix last I looked.

It's pretty good actually. Stars my favourites Jang Hyuk and Jang Seung-jo.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

I eventually burnt through this series called Untouchable (said it many times this series lol) this story embodies all the pointers I have given...Could this be of help to round up dramas that are similar to that(?) haha 

Synopsis 

Spoiler

Joon Seo’s life felt like hell before Min Joo came to him. She became his happiness and meaning of life, but now she is dead. Drowning in unbearable sadness, he veers towards taking his own life. At that moment, a woman comes looking for him. She claims that she is the real Min Joo Jo. Joon Seo finds out that the name, job, identity and everything about his deceased wife were not true. She had approached Joon Seo intentionally under a fake mask and even faked her love. Joon Seo embarks on a quest to find out the truth about his wife’s identity and death. On his path, he finds out that there is a big dark secret in the form of his brother, Ki Seo Jang, and his father, Bum-ho Jang, who is the real power behind Bukcheon city. The Jang family has taken over Bukcheon, and the land is a witness of their foul history. Only one person can stop the continuous evil acts, and that is Joon Seo Jang himself, with the blood of the Jang running through his veins. They are his family. Therefore, he must punish them but forgive them at the same time. What would his decision be when that time arrives? (Source: JTBC)

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

@Darkarcana

*Lies of Lies

*Goddess of Revenge

*What Happens to my Family (got Seo Kang Joon - he's chaebol 2nd generation here)

Can't think much from this genre. Generally I avoid this type of makjang drama 😅

Why you want to torture yourself in new year sushi? 🤣

@ChocolateHush still no romance right? The uncle & Yoona looked a bit cute here...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@Darkarcanaenjoyed Chocolate starring Ha Ji Won and Yoon Kye Sung check here.

I enjoyed Mask and would rewatch it if I am bored. check  here

Like @40somethingahjumma said Come Jang Bo Ri is very makjang and I loved it because it was funny. check here.  I watched Lies of Lies and there is a forum for this drama here. Try these out and if you need more I would make a list for you. 

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

Wow I like what you see! Sounds like a strong and good year! I want!

Well !... I would prefer Money followed by Power.

Anyhow, wish the Mantra is true :1000:

2 hours ago, Darkarcana said:

- Family

- Corruption (optional)

Hello !

You can try The Inheritors/The Heirs.

:heart:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
7 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Actually, I tell a lie... there is a very good makjang that runs pretty close to what you've asked for... It's the wonderful Money Flower.  Still on Netflix last I looked.

It's pretty good actually. Stars my favourites Jang Hyuk and Jang Seung-jo.

I completely forgot about this . @Darkarcana I recommend this . I know you also like Jang Hyuk. This is a very good drama. Only 30 episodes as opposed to most weekend dramas that can be 50 or so episodes. 

7 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@ChocolateHush still no romance right? The uncle & Yoona looked a bit cute here...

Won't this feel somewhat weird to have romance.... :GrowDerp:...I know love can transcend age gaps , but somehow as a drama viewer if visually the age gap is too much , I just can't some how

• Like 5

On 1/3/2021 at 9:47 PM, mirmz said:

yeah waffle fries r pretty good @Dhakra  :wow2:

also how's ur kitty doing? (i think his name was johnny right? correct  me if i'm wrong)

That looks amazing! They look insanely good! I really want to try them. 

Yeah, his name is Johnny. He is doing fine and I am saying that while he sits on my belly. :laugh:He is one lucky cat. I think I have some random pictures of him I took during christmas. 

Spoiler

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2