Havenites Dabang

22 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Absolutely! Long hair is always better! There are only very few exceptions! 

Why? Is it cause it is more feminine? Some shorter hair cuts are pretty too. I thought KSJ's one is fun & fresh.

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

1 hour ago, JenL said:

I can't believe you've dropped dramas with only 2 episodes left :shocked2: 

I mean if I've invested the time to that point I'll continue so I can curse the drama properly if it's truly fallen off the rails :smile:

Missing 9, Just Dance......all dramas I dropped at the end. Sometimes it's just not about time invested, it's rather about not giving the drama the honor of finishing it. And when I feel like dropping it, I drop it. Especially when the plot turns bad or there is a unnecessary break-up at the end. 

12 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Why? Is it cause it is more feminine? Some shorter hair cuts are pretty too. I thought KSJ's one is fun & fresh.

Fun & Fresh? :scaredpanda2: Did you have too much sunday-cake today?

It's far from both!

Nah, I wouldn't say it's more feminine, hairstyle doesn't have anything to do with being more feminine. I do know one or two idols with short hair and they are really feminine.

I just think long hair is prettier. It looks nicer. I like it more.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
50 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I think Twogether is the funniest variety show I have watched my whole life lols @JenL. No one should watch this while :brb:

Hahaha I was just charmed because both Jasper and LSG are very charismatic and chill guys so watching them hang out and pull pranks on each other was soooo much fun. Honestly, Covid has ruined so many travel things and one of things I feel it's ruined would have been a definite second season of Twogether!  But it might still happen one day since it was well received. :BulbaOWO:

53 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Use for My Talent, I supposed I need to promote it. But it's nowhere near to BWGM heyday. Well in some episodes, I did fangirling cos Jasper looks great. But it's fell flat for me. I really miss Jasper x Puff. 

I knew this pairing would not be as good as Puff and Jasper :lenny: (I'll still try to watch it, but prioritising things I've started already) I miss them both too. Makes me sad that Puff deleted all the people she followed on Instagram. I really hate it when stars do that. Back when her and Jasper followed each other and Instagram allowed you to see when people commented on other people's posts, it use to be so nice to see them joking on each other's photos :letalQQ:

48 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@JenL Hahaha I see you have caught up with the posts here and saw my latest post. I am on episode 5 now, I think. Been bingeing since the afternoon. I've finished reading all the spoilers so I got the gist of it all now. I see why Kdramaland wants to remake this and I hope they do a good job with the plot.

Can't believe you read the spoilers! :lettalKWA: I like being not in the know. But I guess spoilers are everywhere for past dramas anyway. It's quite a ride. This drama had a huge Korean following....In fact I think I follow more Korean fans of Greg Hsu than Taiwanese fans, which is somewhat ironic. I don't mind a remake maybe as much as other fans who were devastated...but I have no idea how they would include the song? It's such a central part of the drama contributing to its mood...it'd be weird to replace it. Also casting any inexperienced idols would ruin it, so I really hope they don't! :psweatduck: 

The Taiwanese apparently want to do a movie version of this drama with the same actors, which is also weird, but has been more accepted by the fandom. I'd watch it, but I do feel it would be weirdly condensed! :thinking:

56 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

By the way @JenL loophole?? MJJ hasn't been wearing his hearing aid but he has no trouble listening after he told her his situation xDDDDD

Haha, after he told her about him needing hearing aids?

Well, I guess he was healed by the power of love :laugh: 

They say love is powerful, you know :lenny:

45 minutes ago, Jane said:

I LOVE IT! I LOVE ALL THE CHARACTERS. LZW is the most perfect male lead ever! HYX is so spunky (Alice is amazing here)! And MJJ deserves the world!

LZW is such a dream boyfriend :wow: Marry me LZW! (But of course he will only ever love 1 person!) I love HYX so much too! Alice deserved her big acting win for this role. You can tell the characters apart so clearly and in every different stage of their lives too!

48 minutes ago, Jane said:

I am moving really fast because I am watching with a friend and we have a watch schedule, that's how. I just got done with Ep 10 and 11 (miscalc ystd) and it scared the bejeezus out of me. Like I had to hide behind a pillow at some parts. Ep 12 and 13 will be tomorrow night!

This is a good way to do it! I'm glad you have a friend to discuss with since it makes this series more exciting :BulbaOWO:

49 minutes ago, Jane said:

I am thinking so hard after each episode about how the writers are conceptualising this! Even though my friend asked me not to because all will be explained. But I can't help it. I don't think I could have lasted during the live airing! I want answers!

There's a writer's symposium with the script writers of the series and they talk about how they came up with the series...I don't think they put it up on Youtube but it's on the Someday or One Day official Facebook page  (Fox Studios/ Disney own all the rights to Someday or One Day so lots of content including the BTS videos are not put on Youtube and only hosted on their official Faebook page), :BulbaOWO: 

But these funny interviews came from the same symposium...Alice and Greg have such good chemistry...she's just sassy...the reporters asked if they kept in contact after filming ended and Alice said she had blocked Greg :laugh:

56 minutes ago, Jane said:

@SilverMoonTea was the matchmaker here! And then I made sure to pull Jen over to JangHaven after it got started. Haha!

Hahaha Thanks for making me come here :BulbaOWO: I never got use to Discord but I chat here at least :smile:

• Like 6

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

1 hour ago, JenL said:

I don't mind a remake maybe as much as other fans who were devastated...but I have no idea how they would include the song? It's such a central part of the drama contributing to its mood...it'd be weird to replace it. Also casting any inexperienced idols would ruin it, so I really hope they don't!

Maybe they will find a Korean song for the KR audience to identify with? Ahhh I hope they don't cast an idol, HYX and LZW are such meaty roles. If they really had to cast an idol, I think it would be the MJJ role.

1 hour ago, JenL said:

The Taiwanese apparently want to do a movie version of this drama with the same actors, which is also weird, but has been more accepted by the fandom. I'd watch it, but I do feel it would be weirdly condensed!

Oh yes I saw this news. Patrick stated they will be filming soon with all cast and crew returning. I don't think it would be a condensation, that's just not possible!

2 hours ago, JenL said:

There's a writer's symposium with the script writers of the series and they talk about how they came up with the series...I don't think they put it up on Youtube but it's on the Someday or One Day official Facebook page  (Fox Studios/ Disney own all the rights to Someday or One Day so lots of content including the BTS videos are not put on Youtube and only hosted on their official Faebook page)

I will go check it out after I finish the series! It will be interesting to understand their process.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Haha @Janethanks for bringing @JenLalong 😁😆 That time I was packing and go from S forum 🤣 , I only remember hand over some of my ship and oppas lols. 

I just realized I have a lot of ship (non of it materialized). Maybe I should change name to ShipperMoonTea lols. 

I hunted Jen down on twitter to bring her along too! Hahaha now that you realise you are the Shipper Queen? Look at your SGSM thread!

Anyway! It's back to WFH for the next four weeks :cry:

@mademoiselle What's your SOOD progress? I feel like you might have finished it already.

Edited by Jane
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

22 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@JenL @Jane I love how Yu Xuan mend Yun Ru's relationship with her brother and mother.

Yesss, I loved how she fixed up the family situation! :heart:

I was really annoyed with CYR when I watched the drama for the first time because she was just so moody  all the time and HYX was just so confident and fun. BUT to be fair to CYR, she is an insecure teenager while HYX has an adult's perspective and experience. (And as much as I hate to admit it, I would have related far more closely with CYR as a teen than HYX :lettalKWA:) Also I guess HYX is an outsider to the family so can see all the misunderstanding...sometimes it's hard to manage relationships the closer the people are to you :idk:

19 hours ago, Jane said:

Maybe they will find a Korean song for the KR audience to identify with? Ahhh I hope they don't cast an idol, HYX and LZW are such meaty roles. If they really had to cast an idol, I think it would be the MJJ role.

Yeah, I feel like those main roles should go to good actors rather than just popular idols. I don't think I could even spare MJJ...I could deal with the idols being one of the background classmates or the villain though :laugh:

19 hours ago, Jane said:

Oh yes I saw this news. Patrick stated they will be filming soon with all cast and crew returning. I don't think it would be a condensation, that's just not possible!

I think a film version is a strange idea but I'm all for a reunion of these 3 - their cast chemistry was pretty amazing too! :wow: Yeah I don't believe they could condense the story, so it must be an adaptation? :thinking:

9 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

@SilverMoonTea @JenL For me twogether is the best, i like other reality shows but twogether ranked as the number 1, it was short but really good. They pick the right cast and the concept is pretty fresh than the rest shows. From the start to the end not a single episode made me bored or skip scenes. Wish to have this kind of show again. 

I agree with you...Twogether was soooo much fun  :wow:  I think they picked two actors with great humour and personalities and their reactions to situations and to each other made me laugh so much throughout the entire watch! Yeah I'm not a huge variety show person, but this one was so natural because of the good chemistry between the boys.

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I want the pizza... eh oppa...:wow2:

Whoaaaa such handsome pizza boxes :wow:

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Haha @Janethanks for bringing @JenLalong 😁😆 That time I was packing and go from S forum 🤣 , I only remember hand over some of my ship and oppas lols. 

I just realized I have a lot of ship (non of it materialized). Maybe I should change name to ShipperMoonTea lols. 

36 minutes ago, Jane said:

I hunted Jen down on twitter to bring her along too! Hahaha now that you realise you are the Shipper Queen? Look at your SGSM thread!

Hahaha I feel special like I was headhunted :BulbaOWO::laugh: Thanks for letting me tag along to this corner of the internet :CharmanderYay:

@SilverMoonTea I can't believe only now you realise that you ship...everyone :lenny:

37 minutes ago, Jane said:

Anyway! It's back to WFH for the next four weeks 

Oh no, I hope it's not because you guys have new cases??? :lettalKWA:

But at least you get to watch more dramas, hopefully! :BulbaOWO:

39 minutes ago, Jane said:

@mademoiselle What's your SOOD progress? I feel like you might have finished it already.

Are you done already?? So quick! :lettalKWA: 

Additional Someday or One Day content...

I love this music video :hearties:

I love that the cast sang the OST together :heart:

Additional ending:

Spoiler

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@ChocolateI purchased your Mine 😆 Please trade off Bossam for me 🤣

Edit : this looks juicy, I think I will like it lols

hahaha good! My 60” TV just came. I shall binge Bossam tonight!

55 minutes ago, Jane said:

Anyway! It's back to WFH for the next four weeks 

Don’t you like to wfh?

But this time seems more serious. More young children affected too. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, Jane said:

What's your SOOD progress? I feel like you might have finished it already.

2 hours ago, JenL said:

Are you done already?? So quick!

Yes, I finished. I had days off so I could binge and my precious rest day all coming to an end tonight :cry:

2 hours ago, JenL said:

Yesss, I loved how she fixed up the family situation!

I was really annoyed with CYR when I watched the drama for the first time because she was just so moody  all the time and HYX was just so confident and fun. BUT to be fair to CYR, she is an insecure teenager while HYX has an adult's perspective and experience. (And as much as I hate to admit it, I would have related far more closely with CYR as a teen than HYX). Also I guess HYX is an outsider to the family so can see all the misunderstanding...sometimes it's hard to manage relationships the closer the people are to you

I could relate to Yun Ru's insecurities or doubts that no one loves/likes her (coz it's important at that time for teenagers) but only up till before she decides to be killed rather than suicide so people would remember her. That's where I could no longer understand her because her mentality has gotten a bit too twisted.

Mo Jun Jie, sometimes I like him sometimes I don't (especially in earlier episodes where he and Zi Wei argue over the same girl), LOL. The scriptwriters were really cruel to him (not just him but also Zi Wei). The bit I most liked about him was the reason he likes Yun Ru, and that he likes her for who she is — that dark, grim girl. Likewise, I also liked that Zi Wei was written to see through the same face and fell for Yu Xuan. The other part I liked about the story is the time-travelling was done both ways and their love really transcended through time and space.

Now the "official" ending:

Spoiler

That was definitely less than satisfactory, which I guess is the reason why they have that additional ending. Still not what I had hoped to see because that additional ending reminded me of Goblin :pandascared::laugh: (you'll probably go on rampage panda mode that I compare this with Goblin and you hated Goblin). But... Yu Xuan was in school uniform... waeeee?! I honestly was hoping to see the 2019 version of Zi Wei in glasses :pandalove: (love this version of Zi Wei) meeting the adult office lady Yu Xuan in Taipei. I guess the writers didn't want them to meet too late in their life (and wanted Zi Wei to remember this 6 years old little girl since he's 18). Why oh why did they set Yu Xuan and Zi Wei up as 11 years apart though? It'd still have been ok if she's 8 and he's 17.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 4
55 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I could relate to Yun Ru's insecurities or doubts that no one loves/likes her (coz it's important at that time for teenagers) but only up till before she decides to be killed rather than suicide so people would remember her. That's where I could no longer understand her because her mentality has gotten a bit too twisted.

I get the feeling CYR was just so extremely hungry for love and attention that she felt she had no idea how to get in her everyday life that decided she needed to become a victim or matyr or someone who was immortalised in her death. I also get the feeling she was angry at LZW and it would be a form of revenge on him if his best friend killed her. It's real messed up, but I actually do feel like that is reflective of how crazily angry you can feel as a teenager when you think everything is unfair :psweatduck:

Ironically, I feel the more desperate a person is, the more clingy they are and the more they creep other people out because they just rely on others to fulfil their every need. :lettalKWA: I feel like Someday or One Day was very clear in showing this idea through CYR.

But what I really like was that when the scriptwriters won their big Golden Bell Awards, they dedicated it to CYR and MJJ and everyone who thinks they're not special, but are actually really important to this world :BulbaOWO:Heh, this series sounds really emo now, but there were plenty of lovely moments to balance out the darker elements!

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Mo Jun Jie, sometimes I like him sometimes I don't (especially in earlier episodes where he and Zi Wei argue over the same girl), LOL. The scriptwriters were really cruel to him (not just him but also Zi Wei).

I agree with this too - I liked MJJ, but I also found him an enabler to CYR's bad behaviours. Like you're not helping her by tiptoeing around her moods and letting her get what she wants all the time because life means learning to deal with all the lemons that come your way :heiboi:

Haha, I don't think the scriptwriters were as cruel to MJJ and LZW as the scriptwriters in Move to Heaven were to SG!!! :shocked2::psweatduck::lettalKWA: I just watched episode 7 and 8 and nearly died from a heart attack. I feel like the scriptwriters just ripped out my heart with a dagger and decided to play squash with it by smashing my raw, bloody heart repeatedly and continually with a racket against a cold hard wall :letalQQ::letalQQ::letalQQ: Everything hurts so much!!!

The bit I most liked about him was the reason he likes Yun Ru, and that he likes her for who she is — that dark, grim girl. Likewise, I also liked that Zi Wei was written to see through the same face and fell for Yu Xuan. The other part I liked about the story is the time-travelling was done both ways and their love really transcended through time and space.

I loved all these things about the story too :heart: But I also liked how much you can analyse all the characters. This is one of those stories which I liked precisely because there are so many layers to peel back and you can feel all the emotions to each of the characters...I sympathised with them, got annoyed with them, but still loved them and saw them all as important players in the game. 

Now the "official" ending:

Actually, I think most people liked the ending of the drama! It's definitely not everyone because I have also read a few complaints before. But even before the special ending was released I had heard lots of positive talk about it since I was actually a late watcher. It's definitely not as sweet as it could be and I remember having to let it sit a day before deciding that I did like it...but I'm ok with bittersweetness if it's not too bitter. The age difference doesn't bother me since it feels like she just treated him as an 'Oppa' until they both grew up I guess, but I like that the special ending filled in a little bit of the 'time gap' that you couldn't see. :BulbaOWO::hearties: 

I believe the special ending was actually made as a Thank you for hitting a number of views? Or because of award nominations? It seemed like something positive as opposed to appeasing complaints from memory :heiboi:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Don’t you like to wfh?

I like it when I am in the office and complaining about the commute, and then I don't like it again when I am at home and wish I can interact with my colleagues. I am Miss Contrary :idk:

@mademoiselle@JenL I really loved this drama for the intricacies of its storytelling and how well thought out everything was. No action was left to chance, every gesture had a meaning, every  The thirteen episodes was constructed SO WELL, with its cliffhangers, quieter moments, the joy of youth and of course, romance - all with a tint of nostalgia. It brought you on this roller coaster of emotions and the many feelings that one experiences. Even with CYR / HYX, I was thinking about how complex one can be (even without two different souls) in putting our external face to the world and our inner selves.

At first we thought HYX would change CYR's life for the better so it came as a shock to me when it became a double-edged sword instead where CYR saw what it could be like and knew she would never live up to HYX. And then all those rejections, especially from the boy she liked. What I was upset with CYR was how she would think to implicate MJJ and try to use his feelings for her to get what she wanted. 

Her last words were really sad, I can't relate to it but I thought the writers conveyed the message really well and reflected the pain some people feel and enabled more understanding of them.

1 hour ago, JenL said:

I believe the special ending was actually made as a Thank you for hitting a number of views? Or because of award nominations? It seemed like something positive as opposed to appeasing complaints from memory

Wasn't it also due to the ending being leaked? So the production had another ending filmed to make up for it?

I don't mind the original ending, I like it as an open ending because I believe LZW and HYX will find their way to each other in this universe and any other universe! I don't mind the 11 years age gap so much (see: my Wintergarden ship hahaha) but I would have preferred them meeting a little later as adults, maybe when she finished university. 

What a great show that was! Please if anyone hasn't watched it, please watch Someday or One Day!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Jane said:

I like it when I am in the office and complaining about the commute, and then I don't like it again when I am at home and wish I can interact with my colleagues. I am Miss Contrary

I totally second you on this lols. I think 3 wfh, 2 wfo works the best for me. 

10 hours ago, Jane said:

What a great show that was! Please if anyone hasn't watched it, please watch Someday or One Day!

I tried ep 1, few mins only. But ML not my cup of tea ahaha... sorry not sorry :idk:

@NiteWalkerI seriously tempted to migrate to Korea lols. Buy pizza got oppa face, what not to love about that? :eeeee:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif