Havenites Dabang

@Tofu i feel its not just about population ... it is also because of intent and prioritizing... the govt was sleeping literally when this second wave stroke.... Prime Minister and Home minister.... they were busy rallying... in the night they were preaching social distancing and in the morning , we could see that they are doing rally with millions of people gathering... in one such rally at our state election it was 2 MILLION PEOPLE in prime minister rally....and yes there was no social distancing.... no wonder they lost... not that the other alternative is any better in fact they are worse.... but what can be said about it??? 

we are at an age where the thin line of good and bad is diminishing .... in the end we are left to choose from a pool of bad , worse and worst people....there is no moral value left..! no wonder nature is punishing us... at one time , human beings are going to become so powerful that they themselves will keep fighting and cease to exist and this is what is happening across..!!! slowly and gradually we are moving towards it.... but it will happen.... one can clearly see it..!

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

@abs-oluteM @NiteWalker -- That sounds so frustrating! Is there not enough or is it a problem with their organization?

For one, supply is coming in slowly though more vaccines are expected to come in June. We're sourcing from 3 different brands - Pfizer( but supply is limited ) AstradZeneca and Sinovac.  But Malaysia also suffers from other political problems, and incompetency of our current government that makes things worse. What has kept us going as a nation is because we have a resourceful & resilient private sector. 

@movingwheel I feel you. My country is no better. Corruption, selfishness , greed of those in power & authority. 

• Like 6

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM well in my country , they have sourced a lot of vaccines - sputnik , covishield , covaxin , then now J& J trial and with that Pfizer and moderna too...but there is demand supply mismatch... so yeah we are screwed..

you know what makes me sad.... not just greed of politicians but also human beings in general.... when people need oxygen , they are selling it in black... keeping everything stored and even when supply is there , artificially creating a need.... thus rising price of life saving drugs.... thus not just politicians but over all defining factors of human values are diminishing... our country got independence in 1947 but health has been the least priority always... even education too ! no wonder all the talented people who want to do research , they move outside... why not ??? when you dont give money to the talents here...!!! so naturally our health sector had to collapse at some point but as a leader of 1.38 billion people , he should have gauged it..... or else you are not a leader !

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Shocked 2

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

16 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I kept forgetting to ask... hasn't BTS McD meal began already @TRaNz?

Yeah it started, Ive seen a few posts on socials and friends have ordered it. 
I have not and I dont think I will be.

Not gonna lie, at $13aud~ you get what...10 nuggets, large fries, large drink and a cajun + sweet chilli sauce.... So the only new items i see in that is the sauces thats not standard to the Australia Maccas menu......wot....how is this special? LOLwtf.

I mean Maccas is gonna make a killin from this coz every BTS fan (Army) is gonna buy it just so they can smear the paperbag and packaging on their face coz its BTS themed, but otherwise regarding the food...its your normal nuggets, fries and drink. I was expecting it to be a bit more like, the boys picked the ingredients if it was a burger or how the nuggets were made/cooked. But nah...basic as.

Dont get me wrong, BTS are cool n that, but I just think they could have designed the meal with a bit more changes from BTS to make it a bit more different from standard items from the menu. Because its supposed to be a special collab yea? a bit of a soft effort on Maccas here.

(sorry for rant, i take my McDonalds seriously.....haha)

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

@Jane We have 7 days lockdown in place because the cases hiked up again. So most people who can work from home at work obviously preferred to work from home especially a loud colleague who has been openly complaining she hates being in coz she gets side-tracked and how inconvenient blah-blah-blah 🙄 I seriously doubt she's that hard working at home to be honest.

@JenL WFH jobs - my previous job can be worked from home but I heard from my ex-colleagues the manager wouldn't allow it. The worst thing of all was that the company didn't take COVID seriously. There was no 1.5m distancing between the desks. My neighbour as well complained she prefers to work from home and not having to travel an hour to work but her boss refused to let her after the restriction eased. I thought COVID would open this up these opportunities but some companies still prefer to be able to monitor their employees' activities from the premise I reckon.

@Alice Wonderland Mianhe. I wanted to respond to you last night about BTS but then I only managed to dump a BTS McD CF and fell asleep (it was nearly 2am). Like @TRaNz said, it looks rather disappointing of what we are getting. I mean, I expected BTS merchandise to be included with the meal.

Agree @TRaNz I see nothing special at all with this BTS meal. It doesn't even look appetizing and most importantly it doesn't look SPECIAL! *Here comes the food critic surfacing* I think it is insincere and rude to milk fans like this neh. $13 and didn't even come with a BTS merchandise. Abomination!!! They could AT THE VERY LEAST offer a special BTS limited edition drink, don't you think?

BTW @TRaNz are you able to give me a short dumb-it-down version on HDMI and DisplayPort cable — which is the newer and/or better technology blah blah? I think from the newer PCs, I see more D port than HDMI now so I'm assuming HDMI will soon be replaced by D port? My monitor is UHD which has both D and HDMI ports and the PC's graphic card will be able to support both port too. I just wanna know which one output better (I probably cannot tell hahaha).

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Shocked 1

@mademoiselle , yeah agreed with the Maccas drink, OR at least give a dang photo card like how they do with Happy meals, lil toy/gift. **sigh, such disappointment. Will be sticking to my usual menu orders.

As for the cable situation...like...theres several versions of Display Port cables and HDMI cables, each version supports a certain spec and one version will be better than the other and that follows like a chart of low spec to high spec. (the newer/high the version number, the better it is and can support higher resolution)

Also comes down to your devices and what it can support and output, then also what youre doing like your average PC user vs gamer vs media editing etc.

But for you, I'd just go a Display port cable version 1.4 or higher. If you want HDMI then version 2.1, nothing less. Both of those cable types should suit your needs easily and will still be suitable if you get higher spec graphics card or monitor/TV in the next few years.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 5

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

2 hours ago, TRaNz said:

@mademoiselle , yeah agreed with the Maccas drink, OR at least give a dang photo card like how they do with Happy meals, lil toy/gift. **sigh, such disappointment. Will be sticking to my usual menu orders.

As for the cable situation...like...theres several versions of Display Port cables and HDMI cables, each version supports a certain spec and one version will be better than the other and that follows like a chart of low spec to high spec. (the newer/high the version number, the better it is and can support higher resolution)

Also comes down to your devices and what it can support and output, then also what youre doing like your average PC user vs gamer vs media editing etc.

But for you, I'd just go a Display port cable version 1.4 or higher. If you want HDMI then version 2.1, nothing less. Both of those cable types should suit your needs easily and will still be suitable if you get higher spec graphics card or monitor/TV in the next few years.

Thank Q for the short summary!

Re: BTS meal

Hey, looks like some countries do get photo cards (please don't tell me it is a hoax)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPVwudSpcYz/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

@Chocolate Have you started on Hot Stove League?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 7
  • Insightful 1

@mademoiselle it's alright. No need to be sorry dear. Well, I saw its package too. Nothing that special to me. Well, I am not too fond of nuggets and not a fan of BTS. Like you said, it doesnt really that excites me to buy. But once it's launched here, I probably will try. I'm curious with the sauces, will they go the same to every country. Or it will adjust to certain places. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Champions League Finaaaaaals! WHOOOHOOO! :pandasipsip: :pandachamp: THE CHAMPIOOOONS! 

On 5/28/2021 at 9:11 AM, TRaNz said:

Dont get me wrong, BTS are cool n that, but I just think they could have designed the meal with a bit more changes from BTS to make it a bit more different from standard items from the menu. Because its supposed to be a special collab yea? a bit of a soft effort on Maccas here.

(sorry for rant, i take my McDonalds seriously.....haha)

Bro.....we both know how the KPop Industry works, we both know BTS themselves probably never had anything to do with the menu. It was most likely a deal between McD and Big Hit Company, using the faces and names of the group. We both know that it's as simple as slamming faces or names onto a product and suddenly it sells. Innovation? Making something special? Why bother? As long as it has the name or faces on it, people will buy it and resell it later for incredible amount of prices. It works with everything, noodle soup cups, flip-flops, hell, companies slam their groups on the most random stuff and we all know, there are people who are going to buy it worldwide. 

And due to the pandemic companies have become especially greedy and lazy, because they need moneeeeeeey cheap and fast :pandatakeit:, everything that was kinda free before the pandemic, is now behind a payment wall.

• Like 6

I found this questions in my twitter timeline and because I knew several members here from our interaction in drama thread (in haven or in the previous site), for fun I decided to ask it in here.

What drama do you associate with me? When you see me, which drama do you immediately think of? :)

• Haha 7
  • Awesome 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

17 minutes ago, LaLa said:

What drama do you associate with me? When you see me, which drama do you immediately think of? :)

Hospital Playlist. As you were happy last time I opened Iksong in other forum haha... 

Also Chocolate, Jealousy Incarnate, Fix You, Lie after Lie are the dramas we have discussed before too. Also there is some drama that we complain together like Times lols.

And we also watch some variety show together like Unexpected Business & Youn's Stay. Anything I miss out ? Well Mine is currently the only one we watch together now (I hope I won't bail this one out 😅😂). 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

10 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

@Dhakra  so good to see you here 😀🎶🎶

Oh? :pandasipsip: Thank you, that's so nice of you. Always doing my best. 

1 hour ago, LaLa said:

LaLaLand :pandapopcorn:

It's not a drama and I probably never saw you in any thread before, so I am totally not qualified to answer that question, but that never stopped me before answering one. So here you go. :pandaattack: Always ready to give my unqualified answer. 

Edited by Dhakra
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Clapping Hands 1
Just now, SilverMoonTea said:

@Tofuactually I'm more confident selling Bossam to you than to @abs-oluteM😆, who knows she got so hooked up too lols. That abs must be up to her liking 🤣 She kept saying back then Ilwoo not her oppa ahahahah.... 

Yeah was not my oppa and though he hasn't reach oppa level , but the pairing and story hook me in ahhaahahah

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

10 hours ago, LaLa said:

I found this questions in my twitter timeline and because I knew several members here from our interaction in drama thread (in haven or in the previous site), for fun I decided to ask it in here.

we watch many dramas together...but Hospital Playlist & Iksong is what I think of immediately. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 1