God’s gift - stanning our multi-talented oppas & unnies! (Sept 19 - 26)

God's Gift: Multi-Talented Oppas & Unnies

MaryPoppins.gif

Back in the old days, the stars not only act, but they had to sing, play musical instruments and even dance with penguins!

Do you have a bias or biases that are multi-talented and could do more than just act and/or sing?

Share with us and show off their talents~

Show us videos, gifs and more!

tenor.gif

As artists these days generally can both act and sing, so we've set a criteria for reference. The standard is that the artist should qualify for at least 2-3 or more of the below:

1) Act

2) Sing (Note: Excluding actors who are not professional singers and had released singles, albums and participated in OSTs)

3) Musical instruments (Note: Excluding one-time learning for acting purposes or for fan meetings)

4) Rap

5) Dance

6) Host

7) Other talents

E.g.

a) Cook [recognised to be a good cook]

b) Sports [participated in competition]

c) Make furnitures

Oh, non-Asians are welcome too! If you are unsure, just post it! It's all for FUN!

GIF source (1)

Edited by mademoisellesia
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 3
  • Party! 3

I am bias but first of course my oppa Lee Joon Hyuk is one very talented man. Actually he debut as a singer ....:laugh: cc @40somethingahjumma ...he's not only a versatile actor :D

but his other real talent is in graphic design...he can draw very well and it is his major in university.  Where's my fellow LJH fan @Keyta? I cannot find twitter of the one with his drawings :D

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Shocked 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

Lee Seung Gi 

Can act, sing, dance, do instruments, cook, good as host, carpenter. As bonus he's also good with grandma & kids lol. He's my future hubs. 

My fav cover that he did for Rain's song

His dance, idk lol

Piano, guitar 

Spoiler

Carpentry 

Spoiler

20200919-100355.jpg

9911193-A5-D9-CEA6-B06.gif

He last pretty long in my continuosly changing oppa lists. Lol. Congrats to multi talent oppa SG!

Tag @JenL, you should showcase Jasper talents here too!

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Star Struck 1
  • Party! 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

15 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

He last pretty long in my oppa list. 

Omg this is so true ....one of your few oppas who had stood the test of time :cool:

Come join us @Thanie @Thong Thin  @kiklaminho @im0202 @lifeisfullofdrama @Jesscisu @movingwheel @Mouse @Ameera @bluepebbles @Tofu  @Lunasy @MayanEcho @ktcjdrama @JeannieBean @CamelKnight @joccu__ @JenL @NicNac @Alice Wonderland @UnniSara @Darkarcana  @stroppyse  @-StrongTower- @eggcellent @OsmanthusTea @Chocolate @TiNaDo @Frau @LaLa @Phikyl @SnowBlob @TRaNz @abnoch @abovewalls @AwkwarDerp come stan your talented faves. Men and women included :D

-----------------

Choi Si Won...

dang I love this man... I had SLS here lol 

I have watched quite a few of his dramas ...and of course it is still nice to see him do his thing with SJ

@katakwasabi he is so talented. I think what I like best about your oppa is his versatility as an actor. I came to appreciate his comic timing especially in TLE ( despite me cursing at the plot)

• Like 7
  • Haha 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Heart Eyes 6

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

6 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@katakwasabi he is so talented. I think what I like best about your oppa is his versatility as an actor. I came to appreciate his comic timing especially in TLE ( despite me cursing at the plot)

I came to appreciate him during TLE too. He was just too versatile in the drama. He switched from good to bad in an instant and it didn't look weird. After that I watched or rewatched his old projects. I can't imagine anyone else playing Lee Hyuk or any of his other characters. He was underutilized in Vagabond but I'm glad Vagabond cast are close even after the drama ended. And I still think the best thing that came out of Vagabond is LSG-SSR duo 🤣🤣🤣.

Multitalented guys together! Yes! Hahahah

vl14J5.gif

zvkjly.gif

• Haha 5
  • Star Struck 2

81NYo5.gif - Royal Hotness x Coffee

Cha Eun Woo

Debuted as a member of ASTRO boy band. In recent years he is also honing his skills in acting. Eun Woo also plays piano and has been praised to be an all rounder in basketball playing for the Handsome Tigers (Yeah? That's what I've read).

In his most recent IG post, he has shared a clip of him playing a piano piece of one of the famous Hayao Miyasaki's films' music

Eun Woo has also played Yiruma's River Flows in You

Spoiler

Playing basketball for Handsome Tigers

Additionally, Eun Woo who didn't grow up overseas has exhibited fairly good listening and speaking skills in English in comparison to other Korean Celebs.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 4

Dick Van Dyke and Julie Andrews

Both have always been crowned as multi-talented in my heart since young. As an older generation in Hollywood, actors are also musical actors where they had to be good at the basic 3 - act, sing and dance.

Catherine Zeta Jones (and Renee Zellwagger)

While I'm promoting the Western talents, I'll also drop Catherine in who has had a good history of acting and musical stage talents. Although as a one-time movie in Chicago, Renee has also showcased she was pretty sassy and good at musical too. I was totally impressed.

Edited by mademoisellesia
  • Like 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Heart Eyes 4

@katakwasabi SSR sounds like he has very good voice control. Very clear vocals/enunciation. He sounds like he has had experience in musical theatre... not sure if that's his background. 

@abs-oluteM There's a rock singer lurking inside LJH somewhere. :lenny:

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

9 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

@abs-oluteM There's a rock singer lurking inside LJH somewhere. :lenny:

Yes,  I was surprised too ! He could possibly play one given that he can play any role . 

Thanks to @SilverMoonTea for this 

jbUgkPs.jpg
------------

I am suddenly reminded of Chocolate ..and Yoon Kye Sang also has idol roots

Thanks to @wallflowersforjane I found out that he is healing his heartbreak by taking up carpentry 

https://zapzee.net/2020/06/11/after-the-break-up-yoon-kye-sang-leaves-his-agency-and-becomes-a-carpenter/

Hidden talent ? :D

• Like 7
  • Heart Eyes 1

LJH is really one of the best looking K actors currently working. And I don't say this about anyone. He's absolutely the total package. 

He was so adorable in 365. I really want to see him in a rom com with Nam Ji-hyun one of these days. But I appreciate the fact that he doesn't want to typecast himself.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 4

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

32 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

@katakwasabi SSR sounds like he has very good voice control. Very clear vocals/enunciation. He sounds like he has had experience in musical theatre... not sure if that's his background. 

Hehe..it is his background. From his wiki page: Shin made his acting debut in 2003, but found it difficult to find acting jobs since directors were reluctant to cast the 189 centimeter-tall aspiring actor in supporting or minor roles. Thinking he would have a better chance if he gained more acting experience and honed his craft on the stage, Shin switched gears and joined the theater company Hakchon.

-------

He's still active in musical theater today and can be considered one of the big musical actors in Korea. His latest musical is Rebecca which ended earlier this year. I'm waiting for Monte Cristo casting, I hope he'll be part of the 10th Anniversary cast as he was in the musical 10 years ago too 🤣.

Clip from Rebecca:

Monte Cristo duet with Ock Joo Hyun 

More from his wiki page: he considers the stage/musical as his home and it made him who he is now.

Spoiler

Despite branching out to film and television, Shin has maintained that his heart will always belong to the stage, and has stated, "I feel more affection toward the stage [rather than TV]. I think it is the stage where actors learn life and understand the meaning of acting. It is where I learned how to act and where I gained confidence. I think the core of my life will remain on the stage" (The Korea Herald, 2007). "The musical is like my old home and it made me what I am now, so I can't stop performing the musicals however busy I get" (The Korea Times, 2009)

This article released during Vagabond made me root for Shin Sung Rok more. Full article: https://channels.vlive.tv/C7A6F1/vtoday/1.11973952
----------
Title: Shin Sung Rok - from "unknown" actor to participation in 25-billion-won blockbuster "Vagabond".

Shin Sung Rok has spent 16 years actively working as an actor. However, he could not shine for quite a long time since his debut in the acting career in 2003 through the drama "Shoot for the Stars" (SBS). As for why he couldn't receive the spotlight for so long, he said it was because he himself didn't have enough acting capability. As an actor, Shin Sung Rok has walked such a difficult path that he confided in the interview, "There were many times I thought I didn't have any talent at all."

-snip-

After getting attention thanks to the drama "My Love From The Star" in 2013, no longer playing supporting roles, Shin Sung Rok began to enter the rank of the leading actors. He has excitingly acted in a wide range of film genres, from comedy, thriller, historical drama, to romance. Not only in the drama field, he also polished his ability when appearing regularly on musical stages.

Above all, Shin Sung Rok is a sincere person. Although it may not be the most important virtue of an actor, his sincerity has eventually paid off. He often appears in front of the public with the appearance of an actor who works relentlessly.

-snip-

Shin Sung Rok is not the most brilliant and shining actor (personal note: I disagree, he shines brighter than anyone else hehehe), but he is undeniably an "influential" actor that is more sincere than anyone else. 

-----

Fighting Shin Sung Rok!!! I hope you get awesome roles in dramaland in the future too~ 🤓

Also...sorry it got long. I just have to share hahaha

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Star Struck 3
  • Heart Eyes 3

81NYo5.gif - Royal Hotness x Coffee

Thanks @Keyta...he's really getting a lot of attention and buzz these days. I cannot wait till they officially confirm his OCN drama with Kim Ok Bin. 

-------------------------

@SilverMoonTea how come you never post BB cream oppa? ahahahah...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

10 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Lee Seung Gi 

He last pretty long in my continuosly changing oppa lists. Lol. Congrats to multi talent oppa SG!

Tag @JenL, you should showcase Jasper talents here too!

Hahahaha, it's me and I've finally noticed this tag....I'm here to bring y'all Jasper Liu, the other half to @SilverMoonTea's future husband Lee Seung Gi :MewGiggle:

Jasper is an actor and model, he's a guitarist and now a singer, since he just released an EP with 4 songs. He majored in design and paints quite a bit - he painted the cover of his EP (as well as bonus cards for fans). He has painted pictures for other actors - stuff like portraits and pictures of their pets (He gave a painting to Puff Kuo once for her birthday) and he also gave paintings as gifts to fans (on Twogether). And he can speak a few dialects of Chinese, English, Korean and a bit of Japanese. Also good with kids :BulbaOWO: I love him :SquirtleNiceAhah:

Evidence Below XD

Jasper on guitar with his old band Morning Call

Jasper singing

Jasper hanging with a kid and speaking Korean

A painting he did for fun from his insta:

Hs4VYBJ.jpg

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Awesome 3
  • Heart Eyes 5
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Wow !!! @JenL I didn't realise how big a following he has in SK. So cute too on top of being talented !

-------------

Ji Chang Wook is also such a talent.  I wish i could see him in a musical

He is really a good singer.

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1

Park Bo Gum

Bo Gum's dream is to be an idol however he debuted as an actor. Bo Gum plays piano and has been a host for KBS Music Bank and is a regular with Suzy as the host for Award Shows. Since gaining popularity, it gave Bo Gum a chance to fullfil his idol dream a bit...

Bo Gum dances too... when required, LOLLLLL

Live version at Gwanghwamun to promote Love in the Moonlight

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Kim Min Jae

Trained for 4 years as an idol trainee and decided to switch career after being exposed to acting. Kim Min Jae is equipped with skills such as dancing, rapping (known as Real.be in music), hosting, piano playing and very thick skin... he was being asked to dance girl idol's dances at the press con of Twenty Again and he has no fear shaking his bum bum in front of the press and his co-stars. 😨

Piano

Dance

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 4

lololol @mademoisellesia how young was KMJ in that 2nd video? He's definitely got the moves. Looks wise , I think he's matured very nicely. 

@Darkarcana @Alice Wonderland @SilverMoonTea I just read that your oppa's LSG's variety Hometown Flex will be discontinued temporarily because of Covid !

-------------------

So one for the ladies ...

NaNa...I am usually not a big fan of idol actresses - since a number of them often do not meet my standards of good acting skills , and  I often find it unfair that they land good meaty roles so quickly without needing to go through years of doing supporting roles etc. 

Nana is a good actress. It's not just her good looks , but she's got this presence to her. She carries the roles given to her very well as  I have seen her in a few dramas now , -she's pretty versatile. Loved her in Justice and the recently ended political rom-com The Ballot / Memorial. 

And of course she was part of the  group After School

Spoiler

Can play the piano

Spoiler

Here singing the OST with @SilverMoonTea's once upon a time oppa Park Sung Hoon

Spoiler

• Like 5
  • Star Struck 1

IU / Lee Ji Eun

Singer, song writing, acting and guitar

@abs-oluteM LOL I have no idea how old he was in that video. The original owner, Timon, deleted his YT account. He's only 23 now and being with One Million Studio was in his earlier debut years so I'd guess around 18-19.

Agree with you about Nana. She does have an on-screen presence. She was actually pretty good in Kill It with Jang Ki Yong.

With you post on Nana, I was reminded of IU and just this morning The Swoon did a special cover on her and it's perfect for this thread! She has been impressing me more and more with her acting in recent years.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

@mademoisellesia You've posted so many good talents here. Really love Cha Eun Woo - can't wait to see him again in True Beauty (I'm hooked on the webtoon even though it's not a super original story...pretty art styles are my weakness). Kim Min Jae is so talented!! I'm not really a K-pop person, but damn whenever I watch those dances, I'm so impressed at how smooth and in sync they are! 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Important Information

Terms of Use