First Anniversary Event - Your Favorite JangHaven Unnie/Oppa

stroppyse

fav-unniop.gif

Nominate your favorite unnie or oppa from the Members on JangHaven! This event is to show some love to the Members who have engaged with us over this first year of JangHaven!

You have until August 15 to nominate the Members. Then we'll have open voting in each category.  And, the winners will get special badges to show their wins! Badges are shown with their categories.

Here are the categories for nomination:

Most Passionate Fan of their Oppa/Unnie - Oppa love can be strong and persistent!

(Badge to be Determined)

Most Ardent Shipper - for the die-hard shippers

(Badge to be Determined)

Most Prolific Poster - this counts for both quantity of posts, but also the posts you most want to read

Prolific-Badge.png

Friendliest Member - the one you greet and want to chat with, even if you sometimes get carried away from the thread topic

Q5mX5fU.png

Most Likely to Recommend a Drama - the one who always has a suggestion for something to watch, even if they sometimes don't watch it themselves

2vOobZx.png

So, get nominating! Just post after this post with the name of your nominee. And, if you want to say why you've chosen that nominee to convince others to vote for your nominee, that's welcome as well!

• Like 1
  • Party! 12

Most Passionate Fan of their Oppa/Unnie - Oppa love can be strong and persistent!

@sstephHer Song Jong Ki's love probably the most passionate and undeter by any new upcoming oppas (unlike someone out there *cough, me*). 

Spoiler

@Chocolatesorry I'm not nominating u and ur Hyun Bin's love. I see u these days keep wavering here & there bwahahaha 👀

Most Prolific Poster - this counts for both quantity of posts, but also the posts you most want to read

@stroppyse@LaLa@40somethingahjummaI'm not always in the same thread with you guys, but I think your Korean knowledge is always something I look upon, and crime drama is not fully complete to watch without 40s.a.!

Friendliest Member - the one you greet and want to chat with, even if you sometimes get carried away from the thread topic

@abs-oluteM@JenL@mademoiselle Always have things to chat with them, from oppas to daily life, and they're also always so warm to everyone too. 

Most Likely to Recommend a Drama - the one who always has a suggestion for something to watch, even if they sometimes don't watch it themselves

@Tofuor actually should I nominate myself here bwahaha? But she's also now going strong with dropping dramas lols.

:Party01:Happy Anniversary JH :Party01:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 6
  • Party! 4

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

The badges are so cute. Are we only allowed to choose one per category?

@ssteph @movingwheel

@Chocolate for her dedication to BinJin. @SilverMoonTea for the most unique & quirky choices of ships :lmao2:

@abs-oluteM @ktcjdrama - we both watch many and meet in the same drama threads the most.

@abs-oluteM @SilverMoonTea are the top 2 and the rest goes to those such as @ktcjdrama @JenL @Tofu @bairama whom I often chit-chat just about anything with at Oppa thread, hahaha!

@SilverMoonTea - for her perseverance in selling dramas. :SquirtleSquadCool:

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 7

Oooh Thank you for the noms - I appreciate them! :BulbaOWO: I like everyone I've interacted with here so sorry if I've not mentioned anyone, but here's who I've listed.

Most Passionate Fan of their Oppa/Unnie - Oppa love can be strong and persistent!

I will vote @Chocolate because I find her reactions hilarious whenever one of us suggests she will cheat on Hyun Bin one day :smile:

Most Ardent Shipper - for the die-hard shippers

A shout out to @twinkler0415 @multiloverss @Unnie0110 @eNDe @CINNABOM @purplefin who have continued to post about DDSSLLS couple / actors even though a number of fans gave up after the ending. You have to deeply love a pair to soldier on :heart:

Most Prolific Poster - this counts for both quantity of posts, but also the posts you most want to read

I think so many people write in such nice ways, so it's really hard to pick. But if I had to, I'd say I always enjoy reading @abs-oluteM's posts because they've got great analysis and insight. @stroppyse's posts are lovely for all the translations provided and cultural explanations. @Unnie0110 writes beautifully. @NiteWalker's post are fun. But the person who makes me laugh the most and who I enjoy for fun (mostly Oppa related) posts is @SilverMoonTea.  :BulbaOWO:

Friendliest Member - the one you greet and want to chat with, even if you sometimes get carried away from the thread topic

Another category which is hard :lettalKWA: Everyone here is friendly :CharmanderYay:

I would say I enjoy chatting to @SilverMoonTea and @Jane a lot as both are super friendly and they originally brought me here from the old forums. I definitely also tag @mademoiselle and @abs-oluteM a lot and make them explain things to me since they are so knowledgeable and fun to pick brains of and will humour my posts about stripy jumpers :laugh: I love talking to @Tofu too since we have a lot of Oppas in common and she's the only one who understands my Taiwanese Oppas. Also for transparency, she gifted me an expensive Chae Jong Hyeop badge recently :pandahehe: 

And @eNDe is always so kind and friendly :heart:

Most Likely to Recommend a Drama - the one who always has a suggestion for something to watch, even if they sometimes don't watch it themselves

I would say a draw between @mademoiselle who not only actively sells me dramas but also Oppas (I remember your SIG tags) :eeeee:and @Tofu who doesn't necessarily sells me dramas but conveniently mentions actors' past projects and future projects and then I'm curious to check them out :idk:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Party! 6

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

I can’t believe it’s been a year already! Where has all the time gone? No favourite to nominate cos all you havenites are simply awesome! Just want to say - and I’m sure many feel it too - that as difficult as this year has been for many of us given what the world is going through, it’s always nice to come by here and find some comfort in friendships forged over bits and bytes. As intangible as the virtual realm might be to some, the relationships are no less felt and experienced by those of us who share in it. So to all whom I’ve encountered here thus far, Happy 1st Anniversary! :heart:

Edited by gilaswan
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 5
  • Party! 6

@abs-oluteM pretty much just mentioned every name that exists on JangHaven :laugh: But yeah, we do know each other for such a long time. 

But then I will go and nominate some peeps aswell, although I don't know as many people as you all do, since my area of interaction is very limited to only a few threads. But maybe that's also an advantage, I guess some of you will be very surprised that I am nominating them in specific categories.

21 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Actually, this goes way, way back with @abs-oluteMand her love for Ha Seok-Jin and Kim Young-kwang, which haunts me til this day. I will never forget these names. I remember times where you had a gif/picture of them for every kind of situation. It was like a battle between my girl KSJ and HSJ/KYK back then, throwing gifs at each other to keep the banter going. How many times did I had to endure your gif of KYK kissing KSJ?  We really do know each other for such a long time now Noonalicious.

@mademoiselle Surprised? :pandajustright: Always nice to read, first couple of weeks I thought you were from France, because of your way of writing felt so french to me :laugh: Or maybe my brain automatically connected mademoiselle to being french. 

But anyway, it's such a treat to read you, you always have something interesting to say and it's always fun to read/comment on you.

@PhikylClear case of quality instead of quantity. Always excited to read a post of you, maybe because we share similar interests and always have fun talking to each other about various fun stuff. If your name pops up on a thread, I most likely am gonna read it. 

Friendliest Member -  the one you greet and want to chat with, even if you sometimes get carried away from the thread topic

@stroppyse Hands down. :pandalove: Don't even know where to begin praising you. It took you only a minute after I signed up here to DM and welcome me, you helped me so many times with translations into korean in the past, when I had some kind of Kpop stuff going on. Talking with you in the past about in different Crime Drama threads was always amazing.
Overall I talked with you about so many things, you helped me with so many advices, had an open ear for everything and we had some quite funny bets in our history. Clear case.  

If I don't mention Noonalicious @abs-oluteM here, she is going to kick me. :pandaheadstomp: She probably recommended the most drama I watched. But reading other names recommenders here, I wonder which person would recommend me what kind of drama. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 12
  • Shocked 1

Most Passionate Fan of their Oppa/Unnie - Oppa love can be strong and persistent!   

Shin Sung Rok  @katakwasabi @Mouse for  Lee Seung-Gi was staring in Mouse. 

Most Ardent Shipper - for the die-hard shippers - - I don’t ship a lot :JuiceGhost: so I have no nominations 

Thanks for the special mention @abs-oluteM - Great taste in drama’s 

Most Prolific Poster - this counts for both quantity of posts, but also the posts you most want to read @40somethingahjumma @stroppyse @LaLa  @ktcjdrama 

Friendliest Member - the one you greet and want to chat with, even if you sometimes get carried away from the thread topic everyone in I Jang Haven is friendly in my opinion. Never afraid to give my opinion and everyone is so helpful . I can’t remember all here I go 

@stroppyse @NiteWalker @abs-oluteM @SilverMoonTea @Darkarcana

@Lynne @bairama @Tofu

Most Likely to Recommend a Drama - the one who always has a suggestion for something to watch, even if they sometimes don't watch it themselves

@stroppyse @abs-oluteM @Tofu @LaLa @NiteWalker 

Happy first Anniversary 

So glad to be in this forum

• Like 8
  • Heart Eyes 8
  • Party! 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Nominate some members I often see/interact with them. I nominate them based on their posts in JH (and for some members based on their Twitter too).

@Darkarcana - her unconditional love & support for Lee Seung Gi.

@Chocolate - she manages & updates BinJin thread very well (and Hyun Bin thread too).

@bluepebbles - like to read her historical references for sageuk dramas.

Others :

@abs-oluteM @ktcjdrama @mademoiselle - meet this trio in some drama threads. Like to read their thoughts & analysis.

@stroppyse - her translation & knowledge help to understand a drama more.

@abs-oluteM - see her everywhere in JH, help members, always tag new members to welcome them.

Others : @SilverMoonTea @stroppyse

@SilverMoonTea - I know other members say she likes selling dramas to them.

I want to nominate SilverMoonTea for the funniest member too, most of her posts make me laugh and want to give LOL reaction.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Heart Eyes 6

Now I understand how difficult it must be to nominate and vote at those awards ceremony... LOL...

I will try my best here, despite mostly camping in Joseon Jives section.

Most Passionate Fan of their Oppa/Unnie

I will nominate @ssteph and @katakwasabi for staying faithful to their one and only oppa since the day I know them. As for the others, let nothing stop us from adopting more oppas!! 

Most Ardent Shipper

@Chocolate is the one who came to mind with only one ship going on. Since it's shipping business we're talking about here, I have to mention @SilverMoonTea for being the member with most ships to manage. Like what abs said, she could find crumbs when no one else could! And she will start the ship even before the drama starts nor watching the drama, LOL. 

Most Prolific Poster

I love gifs and HD-stills, but I have to admit I love wall of texts more. I always look forward to @40somethingahjumma posts for her eloquent expression of thoughts and perspective, and quite often you get to learn new English vocabulary too! Then there are posts by @stroppyse who always adds deeper meaning and nuances because of her knowledge of Korean. Special mention of @JenL whose posts are always decorated with emojis that make reading them so fun and enjoyable. I love reading @LaLa thoughts too for the occasional chance of watching the same drama together.

Friendliest Member

There are so many friendly people here whom I enjoy chatting with, but if I have to narrow down, it will be @abs-oluteM @mademoiselle 

Most Likely to Recommend a Drama 

This is quite easy. @SilverMoonTea will recommend not just kdrama but also dorama, and recently she has ventured into cdrama as well. Then there is @mademoiselle who always tag me for new dramas in case I missed out, or because she just misses me. @NiteWalker is the one I go to for cdrama recommendations. 

Other mention:

@UnniSara @Nohamahmoud2002 my dailies drama buddies! Not many people watch the dailies here so they are the ones I can chat with.

Special mention:

@abs-oluteM @Darkarcana @OsmanthusTea @SilverMoonTea with whom I not only share the love of dramas and oppas, but also other stuff about life. :hearties:

I totally didn't expect to be nominated as prolific poster by some of you. Thank you. :love: I shall try to post more as my new (JH) year resolution :laugh: (you guys know what usually happen with NY resolutions, right?)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 6
  • Party! 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears

Most Passionate Fan of their Oppa/ Unnie:

@Chocolate - her love for HyunBin is beyond belief 

@katakwasabi - for not getting tired of reminding us how she loves her oppa SSR 

Most Ardent Shipper:

Gotta nominate my fellow IkSong shipper @LaLa - I know how into IkSong you are from our chats. Thanks for accompanying me in that boat :JuiceGhost:

Most Prolific Poster:

@40somethingahjumma @liddi insightful posts and I know they must have taken so much time and effort to put their thoughts into words :taebtsthanks:

Friendliest Member: 

@mademoiselle @Jane almost always reply to your tags, can chat about anything and everything on threads :eeeee:

Most Likely to Recommend a Drama

@SilverMoonTea @mademoiselle although I don't often watch what they suggest... well..to be fair.. I don't often go and watch something because people suggest it :lmao2: (so no offence to anyone) 

I'm gonna nominate these people under my own categories:

@JenL @Dhakra for the posters who are very... expressive :PikaSwag:

@abs-oluteM for 'Serial posters and likers' - she often appears anywhere and not forgetting to like posts from others 

@UnniSara for the thread starter who doesn't forget to thank members who post on her thread :love:

@Darkarcana for 'Dark-drama' lover 

@ktcjdrama for member who always kindly answer your questions when no one does :eeeee:

@TRaNz McD no.1 fan - ok this has nothing to do with kdramas.. but *shrugs*

@im0202 @NiteWalker @bluepebbles @Tofu some of the kindest souls here (I remember the helps I received from them) 

@stroppyse the best partner-in-crime in EO xx 

Err..I might have to come back again later when some other names come up :niu:

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 11
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 4

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

On 8/8/2021 at 3:54 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

@Chocolatesorry I'm not nominating u and ur Hyun Bin's love. I see u these days keep wavering here & there bwahahaha 👀

So sad, I've been accused.

Spoiler

Now I dare not buy the Ji Sung badge 👀

I'm not around a lot of the threads so this will be limited to the people I interact with.

< Most Passionate Fan of their Oppa/Unnie >

@ssteph for Song Joong Ki. She's a long time fan and likes no other? (Or she's better than me at keeping that secret haha.)

Honourable mention:

@SilverMoonTea She's started a thread for Song Seung Heon, wrote a drama review and watching all his old and even not-so-good shows. She's passionate while she feels the love. But drops as fast as a hot brick too lol!

< Most Ardent Shipper >

@bluepebbles for her love for Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won. See the timeline she did ❤

Spoiler

b9ceea0259e84ce311e0a146539f059e.jpg004e36773ab58081147d87adeb79e50f.pngc36f703e178dc07e81f21a681fd8a356.jpg

< Most Prolific Poster >

Although I don't watch much c-dramas, I would have to say @NiteWalker just looking at the number of threads she is managing. I did watch one and found that the thread discussion more interesting than the drama lol! I must say too that the group of members posting for that c-drama is quite engaging.

For k-dramas, so many including @abs-oluteM @mademoiselle @ktcjdrama @im0202 @bairama @SnowBlob @JenL @SilverMoonTea.

@40somethingahjumma writes on another level.

< Friendliest Member >

@abs-oluteM She's very supportive and everywhere!

< Most Likely to Recommend a Drama >

@mademoiselle Our tastes either match or are at opposite ends lol.

Who not to listen to

Spoiler

@SilverMoonTea hahahaha. Sent me on an almost 50-episode c-drama which she then dropped or finished much later lol!

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 15
7 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Who not to listen to

To be honest, that's exactly how that category came to be. :lmao2:

I probably won't nominate because if I do, I'll end up listing everyone like @abs-oluteM. I just like too many people and would feel bad if I forget to name someone. :cry:

• Like 2
  • Haha 10
  • Clapping Hands 1

Again... everyone's just too kind with their comments and honestly I can't bear to nominate because everyone who is a regular here contributes so much and far more than I could ever do. I just do my little bit whenever. Of course getting shut up indoors for periods of time leaves one watching far too many dramas.

I'm really thankful to have a place among comrades to discuss dramas -- the good, the bad and the terrible. It's been good to see this place grow. 

There are a lot of good ideas and energy that really goes into making this place work. The mods and the junior mods deserve a round of applause for putting so much of their own time in ensuring that this is a friendly and workable place.

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 3

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

On 8/10/2021 at 1:22 AM, Chocolate said:

Who not to listen to

Hide contents

@SilverMoonTea hahahaha. Sent me on an almost 50-episode c-drama which she then dropped or finished much later lol!

I need to defend myself a bit.

Didn't you enjoyed Secret Love - Ji Sung delicious juicy forbidden love drama ? :laugh:

I'm not even try too hard to sell this, but you take the bait lols. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

On 8/11/2021 at 6:26 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

I need to defend myself a bit.

Didn't you enjoyed Secret Love - Ji Sung delicious juicy forbidden love drama ? :laugh:

I'm not even try too hard to sell this, but you take the bait lols. 

Hahaha I think it's @Chocolate's revenge comment because you say her eyes are wondering away from Hyun Bin :eeeee:

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days